Lancashire Runners

Comments

• Thanks Rick, Edinburgh is a nice one. I think I stayed in an self catering apartment when I did that race too. It was within walking distance of the start. But I cant remember off the top of my head what it was called sorry.

The race itself......there are some long inclines nothing too steep but you do notice them , it was really sunny when we did it and there were quite a few sections with no cover from the sun. So you might want to bare that in mind. But good luck when you do it and im pleased ive given you some inspiration.

I am thinking of running two races in December the Longridge pudding one as mentioned before and then the boxing day 10k in Leyland. Does any one know anything about that one ?

Also any one ever done the Marathon of Wales ?

And thanks for the kind words about the blog Rick, some posts were rushed!! But ive found it really useful as a learning tool. I am going to gather all the useful links I found and put them on their own page, which a be handy.

• Im going to do through the villages race tomorrow sounds a nice 8 mile race. Then for Xmas race ribble 10k sounds a good one.also to let you all know our race the winter warmer is 9th February. Also has chip timing this year. 

• though the villages, that's another race I keep meaning to do!! Hope it went ok Rick - what was it like ? If you like village type races check out the Blacksticks Blue 10k, that's a nice one.

I did the winter warmer last year, It really did warm me up!! Enjoyed finishing on the track though, you don't get to do that often.

You guys should get a park run set up and use that track as the start and finish point. I bet you could get founding from the council or LCC, that's what the Cuerden Valley one did, they got funds off SRBC and you could have a tea and coffee staff for afterwards with profits going towards the running club. Just an idea.

• hi sj villages race was really good,lots of hills to run up. strange thing was I didn't notice too many down hill parts lol. all in all I loved running it and will look to do it next year,I managed 1hr 5 mins for the 8 1/2 miles,

as for the park run we talked about it at our agm.i cant really remember now but there is a reason they cant do it,as for the winter warmer sadly this year owing to a lot of ongoing work on the track and new stand at Blackburn the finish wont be on the track this year,

• SJPC

Well done on the PB in Dublin, awesome time.

Did Lancaster Half Marathon on Sunday. Cracking course which runs down the old tram route south of Lancaster. Would recommend it but would say park away from venue and walk in to avoid traffic chaos (big Asda near stadium).

Did Leyland Boxing Day 10k last year and would say on any other day than Boxing Day it would be a good PB course. Starts off running out of Worden Park and does a few loops in and out of the park. Couple of little inclines but nothing that is very long. Took nephew and his Dad along last year and ended up having a few pints in the Fox and Lion image

Preston 10 Mile on 17/11. Route goes past end of my road so will probably have the kds supporting for a change. Toying with doing Longridge, which is one of my favourite races, something enjoyable about managing to run to the top of Jefferies Hill!!!

• Shame about the Winter Warmer and Park Run , i imagine the later would go down really well in Blackburn.

Villages race sounds really good, well done on your time.

Thanks Max, i was really pleased with it!!

Done the Lancaster HM myself and yes it was it worth running it.

Leyland race sounds likes similar to Worden 10M. Do many turn up ?

Jefferies Hill is quite a challenge!!

• 293 finishers last year so a reasonable turn out.

A good mix of running abilities and I would imagine given your times you would be well inside the top 25% of finishers image

• wow that's a good turn out for a boxing day run! I am very tempted to check it out.

Oh runners esp ladies read this and watch yourselves out there :

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/jogger-is-attacked-in-daylight-1-6220772

• So what running is everyone up to today and is any one else getting annoyed at that stupid puma advert they have on RW at the minute!!

• I did the Windmill 10k on Sunday, which was really nice, especially with the glorious sunshine (the calves and shoes are used to each other now and much better, by the way!).  Then, next Sunday, this is on the agenda - can't wait, although it now looks like that might be the only rainy day of the week which would be a shame!

http://10kcarreradivinapastoravalencia.com/en

Flying out Thursday morning! image

• ive done the windmill race before well i think it must of been the same one any ways, i enjoyed running around the windmill actually. I knows its not a major land mark but its nice to do a race around it.

that Spanish race looks pretty special tantrumbrean. Im very jealous of you!!

• I`m over for the Preston 10 on Sunday chasing a PB. Also wondering if we`ll get a run over Xmas, maybe Leyland or maybe the Blackpool 5 miler! image

• Ah good luck in the Preston 10M Egyptian toe, thats another race ive had my eye one, but not the time to do, as of yet.

I am still on my recovery period and really looking forward to being fully back into the swing of things.

• I was also going to do Preston 10, but unfortunately have managed to hurt my foot 10 (in a non-running related incident). I rested it for a week, and did a slow parkrun on Saturday during which I decided I definitely would not be ready to race on Sunday and I'm now on full rest again as it was pretty painful. Really frustrating as I had been running well in October, but these things happen. I'm tailrunning at parkrun on Saturday so I'll see how that goes. I'd also just got information about joining a running club to help keep me motivated in the dark evenings, but obviously that is hold now too.

Enjoy your race tantrumbrean!

• Sorry about your injury Lou and yes do take it slowly and ease back into it. Im glad to read your being smart about it, i know its frustrating but playing it safe is always the best option. Nothing worse than rushing back and getting another injury.

• Ive published a look into my training stats from Dublin, if any one is interested with some supprising finds when i compared things against my previous training i did for the Preston Guild

http://sjpc14.wordpress.com/

• Morning all

Have popped into this thread a couple of times in the past and then always forget to come back!! Just entered a load of races to keep me motivated over the winter.  First up is Wesham 10k - anybody else in?  I've not done it before but I hear it's quite a tough course.

• goodness me its Tiny Runner , hows the niggles ?

• Ha ha, hey Simon image.  Niggles are no more!  Still not doing intense speedwork at the moment as I don't want it to come back, but have been running pain-free for the past few days.  How's your recovery going?

• excellent glad to hear it! And yes do avoid speed work for a bit longer, it wont do you any harm.

My only niggle is my left hamstring which has been sore since Dublin but it should go in time and following my own advice im avoiding speed work and park run he he. My training plan came with a five week after race recovery period slowly building you back up. so im follow that.

Hoping to next race in Longridge for the much coveted tesco xmas pudding.

• I was a bit naughty and went to parkun (foot feeling fully recovered though!).  Was rewarded with a shiny new course PB image.  Feeling ready to get stuck into some focused 10K training now.  How about you?

• he he tiny runner!!! i guess your a week ahead of me saying that.

Im ok the ham is starting to heel up now i think. Ran 9 miles on Saturday morning, the furtherst ive run since Dublin it was nice to get out for over an hour of running.

Looking forward to be at the point your now at!!

• Lancaster half marathon this sunday for me. Hoping for around 1hr 40 then do xmas then its down for training for my marathons next year.will do ribble 10k over xmas as well I think. 

• Lancaster half hey, i thought that had been run. I must be getting my dates mixed up. Good luck with that one rick, i have done it before and if it rains there might be huge puddles about.

Still working my way through my recovery plan at the moment, starting to miss racing!

Not long now though, im on week 4 of a 5 week plan.

• Yeah I though Lancaster half was 2 and a half weeks ago as some of my friends did it.  There must be another one.  Good luck Rick, hope you get your target. I'm entered for Ribble Valley 10k, can't wait for that one image.

Going to have a go at the cannonball 5k series starting next Wednesday night in Todmorden.  Really want to go sub 21 before the end of this year for a flat 5k.

You're doing well with your recovery plan SJPC.  Have you a race in mind to aim for?

• Todmorden, bet that nice running territory

Yes im a hoping to be fully fit in time to do the Longridge xmas pudding run.

• Lancaster is 1st dec. Forgot my dats lol. Theres a half and a full one same day.

• oh right, that must be a new one rick your have to report back on how it goes.

• Back from Spain, it was a fabulous run in a beautiful setting with perfect weather.  Then did the Moor Park 5k today and shaved off a minute off my PB from June and 3 minutes off my time on that course last year, so I'm a very happy bunny!  Must be those new shoes making me faster image