your most stupid/bizzare accident or injury

2»

Comments

• well it's kind of sporting accident as it happened at the rugby club

on my stag night at the club (I was still playing in those days) I fell headfirst off a table while trying to dance in a pool of beer simutaneously taking my clothes off (Aye Ziggy Zumba for those who have been around rugby clubs).  

headfirst meant face first and breaking a front tooth in half which I only noticed when I woke up the following morning with a raging hangover.  otherwise, my face was fine - just half a tooth less in my gob.

and this "following morning" was the day before the wedding so I had no time to get a repair done and as a result all my wedding photos have me with a strange smile trying not to display my front teeth....image

I still have the half tooth - but it's been capped for a very long time now!

• Mrs SA wrote (see)

Yep i have image

At the Vitruvian a couple of years back.  The swim is 2 laps.  You swim 1, get out run round and back into the lake for your 2nd lap.  On starting my 2nd lap, i thought i would be clever and "dive" into the water like proper "triaffaletes", only to realise the water was knee deep. image

I remember laughing at that!

But thought you would have put up the one on the Middlewood way on our MTB when you rode into that bar that was face height and got the mouthful of blood, what impressive though was the bike carried on with no one riding for a good distance.

For me was out on a long ride and had almost finished and was 100 yards from home when got up on pedals and chain slipped causing me to somersault over the handlebars

• out running with the running club down a trail and heard a noise, looked up, clipped a tree stump landed on my back, x ray the day after showed fractured lower vertebrae, no running for 18 months

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Thanks for reminding me about the MTB incident!! image    I had a fat lip for days.

There was also the time out running in Macclesfield forest ...... blimey, surprised my body is still intact image 

• Oh yes, you went body surfing down that trail.

Plus the farm road, penningtons lane
  • Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

I remember limping home with a mucky t-shirt, a chipped tooth and my arms covered in cuts and bruises.  Got a few odd looks ! image

• Whilst out riding my bike I swerved to miss a pedestrian and finished up falling off down a set of steps ,couldn't unclip quick enough fractured my Fibular and dislocated my ankle 6 weeks before Outlaw 2012. Oh the joys of cycling;-)
  • This morning, I was getting ready for work when the other half shouted me to say she had fallen (on the icy steps at our back door). I came rushing out and, not realising there was this black ice I went flying as well and landed in a heap on the ground next to the missus. She is now laid up with a bad back and my glute area is giving me some jip. We must have looked like a scene out of laurel and hardy