Snow

Snow in Sevenoaks and on the norrthdowns.

Comments

• South Essex

• 30cm here but I guess being in sweden counts as cheating

• It snowed in west London but didn't settle.

• Same here

• yep a good few inches here in Chelmsford, Essex.

• Me me me image
    I love love love snow image

• Oh No............  3 snow flakes fell in the South East and the world is about to end and troops are on the streets to stop looting and civil disorder

Rather a nice run as the sun came up over Cheshire this morning, tiny bit of frost.. I even thought about gloves but decided it wasn't cold enough

• I'm also cheating being in SE Norway but we only have about 2-3 cm falling right now so I guess we have all the snowploughs whereas you in the islands on the periphery of Europe have the snowimage

• It snowed where I am in SW Scotland four days ago. And I'm attempting to run every day in December. It's been more like Bambi on ice so far...

• We had a couple of centimetres in Surrey, and I was mightily pi$$ed off that I had to go to work..... image

I would have loved to go for a nice long run over the Downs with some fresh snow on the ground - not least because it would have given me another chance to really try out the Stabilicers I bought last winter.

• Yes in Suffolk, started at about 5.45 while I was running, gave me lovely virgin snow to run on, good fun and so pretty.  Gone now.

• I've just been out wearing a long sleeved compression top, another thick long sleeved top over that, another thin long sleeved top over that, an anorak, a full head hat , gloves and tracksters, I was still freezing cold and didn't break out into a sweat. It's just under 1°C  here. I prefer it when it's 30°C.

• We had some in south oxfordshire.

• Snow?? What snow??

• lardarse wrote (see)

I've just been out wearing a long sleeved compression top, another thick long sleeved top over that, another thin long sleeved top over that, an anorak, a full head hat , gloves and tracksters, I was still freezing cold and didn't break out into a sweat. It's just under 1°C  here. I prefer it when it's 30°C.

Blimey you're nesh Lardarse image The only concession I make to cold weather is a woolly hat. I can't even wear a long sleeved Helly Hansesn unless it's about -3, I get too hot after about 10 minutes.

• Well it was about -12C and 4 m/s wind here. I wore a Bavac base layer, Adidas Tshirt, windtop and light Swiss Alpine jacket, mitts, hat, buff, shorts and long Helly Hansen socks. The snow had stopped by the time I got home. I think 4 top layers was a bit overkill. The Salomon Speedcross 3 shoes worked well in 2 to 3 cms new snow. The Petzl Nao headtorch also did well on snow. It sensor was not thrown by backscatter.
  • Snow up here in Erskine since Sunday evening

Lightly snowing just now.

• Birkymyre - I worked in Glasgow for a while about 7/8 years ago. I remember it snowed in July up there !

• Nothing here but frosty frost in Lincolnshire - boooooooooooooooooo

• Yes, in the mountains north of Madrid but not in the city. Not quite enough for the local cross-country skiing station to open unfortunately. However, ski stations open in many parts of Spain now.
  • facebook reports of snow from people just 4/5 miles away........wonder if its on its wayimage

• You'll be astonished to hear that South West Trains doubled the length of my journey to work, making me late for a meeting, although the little snow here had melted by that time.

• No snow yet in North Wales image.

I'd settle for some frost just to harden up the soggy fields i'm slopping through.