MarathonTalk

So, who's up for a bit of winter bas training in prep for next year.

It's not just for January, it's Feb and March (Read the details) Jantastic 

Anyone ?

Comments

• Let have a list image

Gaz
    Flatfooted 

• Team PSOF has been created, join up image

• I'm in and joined PSOF

• Good man SA, we need a few more to make the Team a goer

Where FF and Tinselcelt gone ?

• also in and joined PSOF image

• I've signed up and joined PSOF

• what's PSOF? I guess if i don't know what it stands for, it's probably not for me image

• Are you not doing any running during Jan,Feb and March ?

Get in there EP and sign up image

• Just added my name, hopefully my Achilles will have healed by jan 1st!
  • i'm in, not that i need much motivating at the moment. also sent link to my wife who does need a bit of encouragement to go for a run in the cold weather.

• I'm in, was already thinking of running every day in January to kick start my running career again after a terrible 2012 image

• how does it work? we have to log in and update every time we run?

• You have until 8am Monday to log your runs for the previous week.

If you miss out you lose your 100% record and potentially stop PSOF from attaining a 100% record.

I log mine as I do them  (Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sunday)

• I just can't seem to see how I input my runs or does this not show until January

• I've not run (or anything else really) since about August so maybe I ought to sign up to this to try and get myself out there again image

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

I just can't seem to see how I input my runs or does this not show until January

January, there will be a drop box which you update as you add your runs

• Trogs. wrote (see)

I've not run (or anything else really) since about August so maybe I ought to sign up to this to try and get myself out there again image

Go on, get in there image

• I would sign up but the way i read it, its more about just doing 100% of what you initially say you are going to do, if it was a total distance thing i would be in as i got a few ultras in feb and march but i dont think it would help the team really - unless i said i was only going to run 35 mile a week and actually did 70

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)

I would sign up but the way i read it, its more about just doing 100% of what you initially say you are going to do, if it was a total distance thing i would be in as i got a few ultras in feb and march but i dont think it would help the team really - unless i said i was only going to run 35 mile a week and actually did 70

It's about doing the number of runs per wek that you say you're going to do.

January is just that, 4 x weeks of n number of runs per week

February is the same as January but you also specify how far your longest run is going to be and hitting that mileage during that 4 week period.

March is maintaing January's runs per week and Februarys distance but also targetting a time for a race/ or distance. This one is tricky because you have to be pretty precise and are quite heavily penalised (points wise) if you over/under estimate your pace ability.

• Ah I see. You get penalized for under estimates as well, that makes sense rather than just putting a low number to start with
  • Doner Kebab wrote (see)
    Ah I see. You get penalized for under estimates as well, that makes sense rather than just putting a low number to start with

Not sure what you mean there DK ?

• Ok, I'm in - on a very lowly scale

• Went for a littel practice today.  First run for months; it went ok image

• image Don't over do it now Trogs, steady there

• Love the name jantastic

Febulous is good

March needs rebranding