To All Lurkers

I believe that there are loads of lurkers out there that one reason or another do not post...

this is your chance to get stuck in....with so many new posters going for the asics 26.2 competition......they are nervous and can do with similar newbies joining their threads and asking some questions to get the threads going.,

I think this is the best set of people to get through for a while....most of them have bitten the bullet and are keen to interact........

You don't need to be doing a spring marathon to join inimage

Comments

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Great post Seren nos!  yes, please come n chatimage

• Ooh do come and talk to me! I'm nice ... honest, guv! You'll have to think up some awkward questions for me!image

I'm here: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/vote-sarah-in-gfa---previously-lardy-girl-does-good-/234873-2.html

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    I'm somewhere like that as well but havn't worked out how to link it yet ! I'm Jenny
  • Not my moment, not last time I looked.
  • I now have the earworm in my head thanks to Snap........give me one moment in timeimage

• oops sorry - unintentional.

But unlike the Marathonlads, at least it's not Limahl (sorry again).

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...i didn't pick up on that earlier...now its in my headimage

• Mine too. Damn me.

• seren nos

did we meet at my car at Abo marathon ??

Snap - RRR, jen f - how areu  all

infectious that song

• yes we did a couple of years ago mick

• i thought so

you had two sons with u 

• yes that was me image

• why the long face - or did u hit wrong key board button

ok, might not recognise u if i saw you

but it was lovely that u said hello

hope family are ok

• mick.....its asmiliey faceimage

i love meeting up with people  even if it is briefimage

• i do find u all extemely inspiring - thats what has helped me on my travels - meeting all of u here and there

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

hi micknphil-marathonlads.com  I'm doing great thanks.image and thats a smiley face too!

• Thanks for this post Seren nos!

Inexperienced and willing to learn.....I used those words a lot as a teenager.

Really enjoying the friendliness of the RW forums so far.

My forum page is at: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/vote-shadyady/234872.html

• Hi!

I am de-lurking and stepping out into the light. Been following this forum for a few months now and it has been, and keeps on being, a valuable resource for all my running questions. I had a bilateral bunion surgery in June and I started running at the end of August. In a few weeks I had built up to 10K and quite quickly went up to 16K. I kept on running every other day, mainly long runs (well, 14K so not that long). Just for the love of running and the pleasure I got out of it. I ended up injuring myself and I think also suffering from Overtraining Syndrome. Have now cut down to 3 times a week and I try to mix the runs with Interval sessions. I do some very early runs (0530) which seem to work brilliantly for me. I am always in a better form than on the runs that are even a few hours later. So that's me in a nutshell. Hello all!

• Hi MT

one wonderful thing about running - there are no golden rules, its virtually down to what you yourself wants training wise

best wishes

• Exactly - and I love the fact that I don't need to drag my ass to a gym or a pool but am ready to go as soon as I step out of the door. Wish I had found it sooner, really.
  • image just lurking boys and girlsimage

• Mighty thighs.overuse is sio common.we enjoy the running and always try to do too much too soon.the same thing happens when recovering from an injuryimage

nogbat... love the name.... welcome...........I'm sure you can find a few threads with similar interests around..there will be some great new ones starting up over the next couple of weks with the spring marathon training....you don't need to be doing a marathon to join in

• What a great thread. Well done Seren. 

Welcome to all newbies. Great to have you on board. image

• Mighty Thighs ... what an excellent forum name. A name to savour, to conjure up images with ... image

• easy muttly, calm down now ..image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    micknphil-marathonlads.com wrote (see)

seren nos

did we meet at my car at Abo marathon ??

seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

i love meeting up with people  even if it is briefimage

I met you in the toilets at Chandos Seren! image

• Minni.I meet so many people in toilets in strange pubsimage

but stranger is the number of people I meet on an industrial estate just ourtside cardiff.....having never met them we introduce ourselves whilst dressed fiully in rubber becofre i introduce them to the delights of the Taff

• I'm not sure this conversation is attracting newbies. imageimage