Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Now woken up given myself a good talking to and am on the early train so i can run round Plymouth for an hour before work image

• Binned HRM years ago far to limiting and impractible in hilly Cornwall HR is up snd down like a yo yo i now run on perceived effort, good to see you still got out the door EP image

• britsky.......I would call that a good training run after the long bike....well done for getting 11 miles in

• Thanks, Seren - its not the same as pure marathon training long runs, is it? I was pleased to just have not given in or cried.

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Can I join the just plain tired club? Canned this morning swim as I seem to have a frozen shoulder if that's possible? Off to see my massage chap at 4pm to try and sort it out.

So far I'm a big fat failure at these 15hr training weeks, I shall keep trying though but I'm not going to injure myself now either!

• Avoiding injury is a success at this stage, I think - I keep focusing on the fact that even if it isn't 15 hours, its still probably enough to get around ... its tempting to do more when it hurts or fatigue sets it, but if we get injured we won't get to the start line at all.

So I say good call, AB

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

K9 forgot to say thanks for the jacket recommendation you're not the first person to recommend the Altura so I may be making an order soon.

• The difficult part of doing all this is getting to the start line in one piece and where i think something like Fink is invalunle to first timers it builds you up nice and gradually and limits your pace as well , i must admit on my first one i didnt do much of the Z4 stuff for fear of getting injured and still managed a reasonably comfortable race with a time well below what i had thought

• A great tske on IM training from Coach Gordo

"For me, endurance training is exactly like turning a Styrofoam cup inside out. So long as you take it slowly you'll be able to do it. Try to rush things and - rip - you'll tear the cup. You are the cup."

More pearls of wisdom here

http://www.coachgordo.com/gtips/publish/archives/2004_12_01_archive.html

• Had my 2nd open water swim yesterday evening. B....y cold and raining. I think it was slightly better than first time. Spent more time acclimatising to the temperature before I swam . Still only managed 400m but all front crawl this time but had to stop about 7/8 times to starfish and get my breathing under control.  Was mainly slow breaststroke and raspy breathing last time.

Please somebody tell me this is a slight improvement. I'm worried if I'll be able to do Outlaw half in 2 and a half weeksimage

• Hello, I'm still firmly on the injury bench,broken rib it isnt,I have a 2nd degree sprain to my pec ( trauma injury after falling off the ladder). I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than a tea cup but physio reckons I will still make the start line of outlaw but not in the shape i wanted, shuffling around the marathon is on the cards! So I'm now re-cupperating in Barcelona and supporting the OH at the challenge half on Sunday, hard life, I know. Serious down side, it's great weather for Tri but not for catching the rays!

• RP......bad news about the sun not being their for some serious sunbathing...i always feel better with a tan..........

gald that you will make the start line.....

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Just been to see the sport massage chap and ohh that hurt but I feel so much better. But off to wreck it all OW swimming tonight. Hopefully will get there in time to join the coached session sky is black and wind is strong so could be challenging conditions to say the least.

• RP take it easy perhaps lots of training on the turbo?

Snail its a good improvement you FCed rather than BS keep it up and the improvements will come thick and fast with the experience

The Marizion Tri I was doing this weekend has binned the swim because the sea is below the 11 degree BTA limit image they have offered a transfer to a later tri which i have taken off for a weekend away of run training and mountain biking instead image

• RP take it easy perhaps lots of training on the turbo?

Snail its a good improvement you FCed rather than BS keep it up and the improvements will come thick and fast with the experience

The Marizion Tri I was doing this weekend has binned the swim because the sea is below the 11 degree BTA limit image they have offered a transfer to a later tri which i have taken off for a weekend away of run training and mountain biking instead image

•  

Max.......I heard you the first time......image

• Are you sure Razor? 

• Just had to be done..... Mental training completed, watching the iron war on youtube.

I will be killing the turbo when I get home. I have walked about 6 miles today, just a bit of exercise. now I'm trying to decide who to support in Sunday other than team GB , mega mouth Macca or Gomez?

• Macca for me he's a great character

• RP - how long? Will that affect your work as well? Bad news ... perhaps the rest will be beneficial ... ?

I'd have my money on Gomez - he seems to be in the Brownlee's shadow so often ...