Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

Morning all, hope todays training goes well for everyone.

Just completed the swanley tri 0 400m swim, 27k bike and 8k run. Plan was to keep to Outlaw pace and see how I feel.

Well I felt bloody good, so a happy bunny at moment. 2.30 per 100 swim pace (breaststoke), 15.3 mph bike into headwinds, which get me to the marathon at Outlaw, then I just try and run/walk!!

• Thought Id make some one feel good.

Set out yesterday for a 100m ride yesterday. All going well till 55 when got first puncture(rear eheel), wheel of new tube in off I went, At about  60 got that sogy feeling at the front. Great only carrying one spare tube so out came the repair kit. 20 mins later patch in place off i went again. Call me a chicken I decided to limp home before anying else could go wrong. 2nd round about from home car pulls out infront of me when I was already on roundabout. Jabbed both brakes. stopped and got that dreaded feeling. Off balance clipped on, down I went. Sprawled across the road, large bruise on hip , ego in tatters etc. Got home explained to other half and decided to persivere with something so set off for a run. After about 30 mins calf cramped and wouldnt relax. All in all a bad day.

I guess we have all had days like this, hopefully Ill get them all out of the way before the big day.

TJ glad your having a good one.

• Thanks for that Bin Man.  My husband is sitting here almost in tears because he  fecked his 100mm rear carbon wheel on a pot hole yesterday.  Your story made him smile - a little.

• Well done on the tri TJ, great work.  EP, hope you manage to get all your work done. Binman, well done for at getting out for the run after all that, would have been easier to give up.  al that training is now in the bank!  Hope you're not too sore from the fall...

Right, i've done 3/4 of my run, best head back out.  Been doing short out and back from the house due to bit of a dodge stomach this am, but so far it has held out, lol. been good nto having to carry food and drink with me either, but I shouldn't get used to these little breaks at home cos I can't do this at Outlaw, lol.  

• 18 miles done!!!!!  THANK GOD FOR THAT.  Despite the fact I have done the London mara, that was actually the longest run i've done, cos i got injured in the run up to London, at mile 14 on my 17 mile run, and I had to stop running til the day, lol.  So fingers crossed I can stay uninjured until Outlaw!!!  It'll still take me an absolute shit load of time to get round but so long as I do.  I've started using the run 250 steps/walk 100 steps strategy, and it works well for me.  Shower and French Open final now, c'mon Nadal!!!!

• TJ, isn't it great when it all comes together and you feel that all the training is paying off. image

Binman, we all have days when shit happens some more than others, well done for sticking at it.

i had a brilliant run this morning, 12.4 miles @ 9.57 pace, really enjoyed it apart from my drinks bottle banging against my arse every step. image Felt great and could have run longer.

• Razor are you going to carry a bottle on the day, as i think there are drink stations almost every km? I usually carry a bottle round my waist too, but i didn't today, and don't think i will on the day

• Nah, can't be arsed on the day like you said there are plenty of feed stations on the run, today I needed the bottle as there aren't many places to get a drink from.

• Great training going on here!

BM - you can fix a puncture in 20 mins! Fab! Really impressed you went out for a run - a lot of mental toughness training points there!

Did my 4th 100 miler today - never ridden back against a headwind before (I say 'wind' - more like a gentle breeze to someone else, I expect!). Dead tired now - looking forward to that roaring ? crowd on the day to get me all fired up for the run!!

• My god if you've done 4x100 milers you'll fly through the Outlaw Brit!!! image cracking riding, well done image. The atmosphere will definitely help on the run, and the fact it is a looped out and back means you'll see loads of runners all the time to boost morale image

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

well done everyone.

EP hang in there, you've come so far.

Binman, well done for getting the rubbish out the way early, so you can have a good Outlaw.

• TJ1004 wrote (see)

Binman, well done for getting the rubbish out the way early, so you can have a good Outlaw.

'Rubbish' -Binman, like it image

• swam friday in the river usk.really lovely...cycled yesterday and today and got lovely sun the whole time.hubby is a little on the pink side..i love this weather image

• Best weekend training yet. Loving this weather, makes everything so much more pleasurable. Followed up yesterday's 100m bike ride with a 19m run today in 2h:14m.

Question is do I do another 250k this week or start bringing the volume down now? What is everyone else doing (hint, the correct answer is start doing less now, I am cream crackered)?

• Omg you are a fast runner Stanners, hehehe, nice one!

• oh dear oh dear oh dear

Half marathon yesterday and should have treated it like a training run, but 5 miles in and running well checked time "oh thats good" so pushed on, a little to much I think and the wheels came off at 9.5 miles and ended up limping the last 3 miles, this morning my calfs are in pieces

• image Oh dear SA. have you got a foam roller? Gett rollering or stretching those calves. Rest day today?

Well dOne for getting out this morning EP image

• K9K9 ✭✭✭

Well...I've done no training at all this weekend apart from a mile in the pool at 7am on Saturday, before work.

Ive been on duty since 8:30am Saturday and will finish about 7 tonight. Just 3 hours sleep last night, so now decidedly worse for wear.

Im considering it a kick start to my taper!

I did however take Friday off and did a 90miler on the bike in the sun

• School boy error SA, making an effort that early on, what were you thinking  image

• SA, did the same myself in the Blackpool HM, 9 miles in my quads seized up and finished up run, walking similar time to you 2.10, take it easy mate don't need any injuries this close, 

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Rest well SA.

Bin man, that is a rough day - good mental training 

notched up a practice race yesterday at the Rhyl Tri - standard distance in 2:24 with no incidents or transition faux pas. Can't wait for the big day now!

• SA......we do not learn as we get older do we image

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

These last two week are going to be tough, had a mega week last week with the outlaw half then straight into a full 15hrs week this week culminating in the swim and bike for the clubs half distance one on Saturday. Some what tired now and with some sort of cold/lurgy going on. Manic at work as well as we roll out a new system next week and my 1 colleague is on holiday this week.

Yay! But I shall finish strong and get it all done... I hope.

• Bala half IM yesterday, weather was great.

Just wanted to get around as I haven't done any training since the start of May. Swim was great, bike was ok run was bad, totally oppostie of every other race. 

Finished in 05:23:25, in a lot of pain, but was good fun. Couldn't stop running until Rosie had passed me otherwise I would have walked most of the run.

• How come Rosie was behind you image

• Just ran 18 miles! It took a lot of determination, a loo stop at a wine bar (very embarassing) and had to stop to put on a compression support on my calf at mile 13 ,but then ran my fastest miles at the end!

Really wanted to stop but felt a sense of obligation to Lee the Pea having made a pact that we would both do 18 miles this week, so that kept me going - thanks, Lee!

• Awww! Well done, that is fantastic!!!!! Especially running the fastest miles at the end! Woo hoooooooo. You're totally going to blitz the Outlaw at this rate image

by the way did you have a sneaky glass of wine at the wine bar?image