Options

Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Options

Names down guys!!

• Options
    TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

good luck EP for tomorrow, and yes nerves getting worse each day.

massively windy and rainy bike and run today - fed up in the end and jacked it in. So 2k swim, 50 mile bike and 4 mile run.

• Options

Chill withthe nerves guys image if is your first one treat it as a huge long training run with support and have faith in your trainngimage stay positive it will be tough at times but you will have a great day

• Options

Good luck for tomorrow EP. 

• Options
  • Options

Have agood one EPimage

• Options

Finaly got my head round swimming 4000m yesterday evening. Took 1hr 28min

Slow but it will get me out the water and onto the bike.

Talking of the bike got that serviced last week so need to check all is working properly.

Just off for a 3 hr run, sun is out up in
    ewcastle so should be nice.

This should be my last long one. The race is finaly in our sights.

Good luck today EP.

• Options

Last weekend of looooooonnngg runs cracked feet up tapering for the week before my first crack at an Ultra next weekend at The Wall hopefully it's gonna be epic

http://thewallrun.com/mapsandstages.htmlimage

• Options

How did you get on EP?

• Options
    H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

last 100 miler done yesterday and 3 hr run today. both felt great and the taper now begins.image

I remember looking at the training in this week of the schedule right at the beginning, it seemed a long way off then, I'm astonished at how good I'm feeling at the end of my long sessions now. just need it to go as well on the day.

hope the above doesn't sound too much like i'm bragging I know some of you are struggling with training at the moment.

• Options

Honk.its grerat to hear of the times when training goes well.and just at the right time for you.great weekend training

• Options

Ran 7.5 miles this morning avg pace 9.15 min/mil, top end of my Z2 but felt easy

• Options

Good effort EP glad you didnt quit when it got tough

• Options
    H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭
    The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

No wonder Mr Garmin is confused I foolishly popped over to South Africa in T1!

nice report EP and well done.#

I have been reading up on tapering this afternoon and came across a rather nice link which may bring a tear to your eye. (not me though, I'm much too manly image)

• Options

EP - thats good going and taking in a tour of South Africa aswellimage

But well done and carrying all that stuff on your bike too. Hope you weren't running round semi naked if you took your bike shorts off half way through run. Nudity's not allowedimage

• Options

Well done for sticking it out EP! Heading to SA for transition was a bit much though, at least at Outlaw it is closer to the lake image

Fab training from everyine else too, well done.

Not so much from me this weekend, i've basically got no excuse other than just feeling devoid of energy for some reason, but i've not done my planned 20 miles image I felt great during last weeks run, and i've just been dreading it this weekend, and i've not got it done. Mojo totally up and left which is so disappointing after last week. Haven't even made it out my pjs today which i NEVER do!!!  So anyway i could take a half day on Wednesday and get it done then, or leave it until next Sunday (which had been the original plan) but i'm worried a 2 week taper isn't long enough..... Also worried in case mojo doesn't return by then, in which case i'm screwed! it'll need to be Wednesday, argggggg.  

• Options

i'm pretty sure I've not done enough training. Happy with my consistency, ie pretty much only 5/6 days off per month since Jan. But not done enough long bikes. Hammered the running  - well for me anyway averaging about 30 miles per week but nothing longer than 14.
    I know from doing Chester mara last year I didnt do enough long runs and it hurt!....all that said, in the words of my mentor (SA) better to be under trained than over trained. So thats what I am giong on.
    Not much of a taper going to happen here as I dont think I need one image but will ease it down the week before.
    I'm going to enjoy it no matter how nervous I am! image

• Options

Hi EP - hope you appreciated the shouts of encouragement image

Distance wise - swim was about spot on; bike was 26 miles and run was 6 miles if that helps. Garmins are notoriously unreliable at recording swim distance I'm afraid unless you have a swim specific one - and I'm not sure how good they are in OW. Didn't you get your stuweb printout afterwards? It gives you all of your splits. They will probably be up on their website this evening if not.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Great that you can take so many positives from the day EP. I usually resort to flat coke on IM runs - maybe with the odd gel. Was it that you were feeling nauseous?

• Options

I like bananas on the bike but I do find it very difficult to eat what most people would consider to be 'enough' for an IM - but hey, it works for me. I tend to put 4 - 6 High 5 gels in a bottle and dilute with water x 2 and use my profile bottle for water then top up with bananas from the aid stations and things like Nakd or Mule bars (but I'm limited as I'm wheat intolerant), Shot Bloks are also good as I can drip feed them one every ten minutes or so.

High 5 zero will give you electrolytes but no energy - so may be better replaced with High 5 carb drink?

• Options

Did  100k sportive today, which wasn't really long enough, so biked there and did 80 miles altogether. The sportive was fab, and did 2 mph faster than any of my long bike rides, so, like Honk, I'm feeling pretty good. If I'd have had my running kit on me I'd have been tempted to run the 15 miles home, too, but have planned to do 18 tomorrow, so will stick to my plan.

Need to do two more practices with removing tyres, as my tyres are very tight, but other than a bit of tapering after my last long run tomorrow, I reckon I'm good to go image

• Options

Lee - go for it Wed - don't beat yourself up about today, see it as a positive that your body was telling you to rest and you listened, but really focus on Wed's run, and get your head around making it another good one, with well planned nutrition, like you did last week. image