Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• K9K9 ✭✭✭

Great training all!

Ive done another alps cycle day in roasting sunshine. Just 71 miles but included col du petit saint Bernard and 2250m of ascent in total

Pooped!!

Looking forward to some good refuelling 

• You're going to be ready for the taper K9!

EP - are you possibly having too much i.e. more than you can comfortably absorb? It's ok whilst on the bike but as you found out - can come back and bite you on the run if it's not being digested.

Britrisky - sounds as though it's all coming together!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • K9K9 ✭✭✭

I've been ready to taper for the last 6 weeks!

This is just a mini-non-taper in the middle of my taper.

3 more cycle days to go.

Alps cycling hurts - anyone else been?

-at least today's col was not steep, but was 30km lonG without any level bits at all to stop pedalling.

There was snow at the top but scorching sunshine. Then you turn round and do the same distance barely pedalling at all!!

• LoSouthern Snail wrote (see)

EP - thats good going and taking in a tour of South Africa aswellimage

But well done and carrying all that stuff on your bike too. Hope you weren't running round semi naked if you took your bike shorts off half way through run. Nudity's not allowedimage

It is in Outlaw my mate Flowerpower was the famous naked lady from last year's race briefimage she doesn't wear nowt under her wetsuit

Just watched coverage of last year's race lots of pirate's on there wish I was doing it again this yearimage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf1H41fLew&sns=em

• Nice work Britrisky! Thanks for the encouragement image I've just been chatting to Les Boules on the phone too, and she's given me a good pep talk, so i'm focussing on Wednesday.  The mental side of stuff like marathons and tri's is just such a big thing, and if you're head isn't right, then you're fighting a losing battle.  I was just so happy with last week's run, I almost couldn't believe it, and had talked myself into this week not being so good, so then out of a fear of failure I did zilch which is ridiculous!  At the end of the day, I can put one foot in front of the other and get it done, so that is the plan. I'll take Wed arvo off and be done by tea-time, no matter what image

• IM 60% physical 40% mental IMO Lee stay positive  and keep trainingimage

• slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Pops onto thread to kick Lee's arse   image   Come on Lee you know you can do that run.  By wednesday evening you will be watching The Apprentice having completed the best run of your life....there, simples ain't it   image

• K9.sounds like a brilliant time on those mountains...........hope you are getting some time to relax........

• Running= putting one foot in front of the other and repeating slighty faster than walking pace dead easy Leeimage

• Thanks guys! I feel like a douch for sacking it off today, don't know what got into me.   thanks for the kick up the arse!     Time to put today behind me and focus on getting the job done on Wednesday, then taper time image

great cycling btw K9! Hope you'e taking lots of photos image

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

70 miles in rain, thunder, lightning, hail, high winds and bright sunshine yesterday. So that's all my race kit options thoroughly tested and I can honestly say it all works image

3hrs run today no idea of miles as garmin went flat 2 hrs in but I was at 9 miles then so a good pace for me.

Now I just need some good swims as furthest i've done us 1.2 miles and a good ride at flat out in the fens and I'll be set.

I'm gearing up for a mega last peak week.  With lack of swim miles I plan on carrying those on right up until thurs before the race. Do you think that will be OK? 

• Mark loves cycling in the Alps K9 but I'm useless at hills.

Agree totally RBM - so much of IM is in the head.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • taper???
    I'm still biking big as I am concentrating on something else later in the year
    did 200k yesterday and 160k today - steady as last weeks dragon ride still feels in the legs

got flat out in the fens next week, (157 mile version!!!) then I'll taper image

however, my longest run this week was 5k image , and my last run over 5k was about 4 weeks ago on some spannish island image

no running means I can crank the biking but I'll be found out at about mile 15 of the run image

• Ive been doing much more biking than running. Fens 112 this coming weekend then taper, then crash on teh mara image

• K9K9 ✭✭✭

What are you doing later in the year OC?

• 80 mile cycle yesterday and quickest yet, fenns 112 for me next Sunday then taper, but after the half marathon last weekend and being able to do nothing for a week after it, it sort of feels like I'm already tapered, maybe thats why bike ride was so good.

So going to put a good week in this week

• last long bike yesterday 90 miles followed by 6 speedy (for me) run miles. This definitely hasn't been my biggest training week but I did my longest run 18 (hope it's enough) a long bike and maybe a long swim tonight. The legs took longer to recover than I thought after the half so I dropped some mid week stuff to get the long ones in. Hoping that'll be ok but too late now if it's notimage

• You all sound like you're doing loads, well done folks image

I've booked the arvo off on Wed to do my final long run image  I think the weather is scheduled to piss down, which will serve me right for not just getting it done over the weekend!!! image

• K9K9 ✭✭✭

Good luck with that run lee the pea.

Fab training all.

Another roasting day in the Alps! Just 57 miles to the top of Col de la Madeleine and back. 2350m of ascent. The col was a killer!! At least in part due to the relentless heat.

Back now and rehydrating and fuelling.

Easy peasy day tomorrow and maybe a trip up the Alpe D'Huez on the last day - but won't be a big day apart from that as it is 2 hours drive to get there from here.

• 18 mile run done - it was slow and tentative but it's done now and my taper begins - yay!!! image

Good luck Lee on Wed

• K9K9 ✭✭✭

Well done Britriskyimage

• Great training everyone image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Hello! Jumping in with a question now that I'm entered into the swim - how likely is it to be swum over? image 

• Bookie, The swims tend to be a bit more sedate than the Outlaw start so stop wibbling. image

• Yep lots of room to find your own swim spaceimage

• Razor.its the outlaw swim that she is dfoing i think........as part of a relay team now.....

so my suggestion would be to start near the back and just make your way slowly through the pack image