Options

Long hair on guys...

2»

Comments

• Options
    comedyDave wrote (see)

Crusties and grungers are different.  Grungers are deliberately scruffy whereas crusties are just, well, crusty!

I wouldn't call either scruffy, but that may say more about my preferred dress code!

They both shared a similar style of clothing, but crusties had more of a life style to go with the music. Add to that the Grebo's, who also shared a similar style of look. Army surplus stores must be mourning the death of these trends. Must have made a fortune from combat trousers, old para boots and those German military coats.

Let us not forget the Doc Marten boots, Levi 501's, band t-shirts, lumberjack shirts and your best dress leather biker jacket (band logo painted on it for extra coolness).

Although Converse must be laughing now All-Stars seem to be trendy again with the kids.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

/members/images/493151/Gallery/Picture_087.jpg

The following day it was, "number 3 please"

🙂

• Options

Look what happeneds to Samson.....I had long hair as a teen then again on escaping corporate life in my 40's but lopped it all off again at 50.

• Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Right, so we've got:

Hippies (Jefferson Airplane, Lovin' Spoonful, etc)

Grunges (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc)

Crusties (Levellers, New Model Army, etc)

Grebos (Carter USM, PWEI, etc)......

and Goths (Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, etc)...

Not to mention...Hair Metal (Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, etc)

Love the music, hate the hair.
  • Options

I think you missed out Headbangers (AC/DC, Motorhead, Ironmaiden etc)

Maybe its cause i'm old though.....but I have progressed onto FooFighters and Greenday and the likeimage

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    M..o.use wrote (see)

*whispers*

Ummm, what are meggings please?

Read here

• Options

I'm getting all confused again about women! Simply because a guy has long hair apparently 'he thinks he's god's gift to women'. Yet when women get the various  'beauty' treatments and perfume, nice skirts, nice tops and heels they claim they are not 'dressing for men!'. What was the explanation again?

• Options

I never grew my hair that long and anyway I left home at 18 to join the forces. I can hear the drill sergeant now: "Airman Muttley, am I hurting you?" "Erm, no sergeant." "Well I should be, because I'm standing on your fcuking hair, GET IT CUT!!"

But to add to Tom's list of hairstyles, I was a punk before joining up and a rude boy (or nutty boy, think Madness and The Specials) when I was off-duty ...

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Martenkay wrote (see)

I'm getting all confused again about women! Simply because a guy has long hair apparently 'he thinks he's god's gift to women'. Yet when women get the various  'beauty' treatments and perfume, nice skirts, nice tops and heels they claim they are not 'dressing for men!'. What was the explanation again?

You're confusing ONE woman with WOMEN.  Just because ONE woman holds a certain opinion, it doesn't mean that all the others do too.

• Options

Long hair is for lassies

• Options

The problem with long hair on guys is that they don't seem to look after it. ..... so it hangs all limp and pathetic.

Notable exception being the wonderfully gorgeous young man, dressed all in black, who used to sit in front of me in physics lectures (late 80s strathclyde uni  - just in case he runs)....  never worked up the nerve to talk to him but I sure stared at his hair for hours.  

• Options
    Wilkie wrote (see)
    Martenkay wrote (see)

You're confusing ONE woman with WOMEN.  Just because ONE woman holds a certain opinion, it doesn't mean that all the others do too.

Wilkie, you never disappoint me. I always want to hear more!

• Options

Martenkay - women dress for other women -  I thought eveyone knew that.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    GymAddict wrote (see)

Martenkay - women dress for other women -  I thought eveyone knew that.

That would explain things.

I go up to a women and remark how well dressed she is and she says, 'f off queer!' image

🙂

• Options

Long hair is wrong on some men but fabulous on others ascetically its my preference but usually what comes out of a blokes gob is what makes or breaks it for me