Friday 14th December

Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
Lyrics: How can you lie there and think of England When you don't even know whose in the team....... Good morning: Up late so I thought I'd take another pop at the lyrics. My whats, whys and wherefors are... What: 6-6M easy Why: recovery as feeling a bit heavy legged yesterday Last Hard: Tuesday Last rest: 26th Nov Back later....goodbyeeeeee!

Comments

• SO it's Friday is it?

I don't think that these lyrics are Streets Of London, but you can make the tune fit with some effort. Keep the comeback a coming Tom.

• Your last rest was 26th November?  Are you planning to have Christmas Day off? !

What:  Probably Nothing

Why: Work is killing me (not literally speaking... I hope)

Lyrics.. No. Again.

Happy Friday.

• Morning.

Sounds like a friendly establishment Blisters.

What:               rest
    Why:                tired
    Last hard:        deciding to take a rest day
    Last rest:          1/12

Lyrics - not a scooby.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: what LMH says!

What: may walk, may rest!
    Why: how the mood takes me! And the weather, which promises to be very wet. And my hospital appointment which will probably decide what treatment I will have.

This evening taking visitor to meet up with some clubmates from the 70s/80s: some still run, all are still active within the club.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Ale good luck with the hospital appointment. Hope they give you some options.
    Tom sounds like a nice dinner you got!

What: may go for a walk
    Why: been back to the doc's this morning.  More poking so a little sore.  Feeling much better though.
    Lyrics: no idea!

Meant to be raining all day here too though hasn't started yet. Lacrosse Christmas party tonight - all you can eat schnitzel...

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    emz -enjoy the party
    lyric - seem familiar, will ponder for longer 
    what - day off , so shopping in Pompey with the missus, hopefully 5 easy tonight
    why - 7 miles tempo yesterday and stiff today

happy friday all! 

• Yesterday's lyrics were Mighty Quinn, Manfred Mann. Never realised that Bob Dylan wrote it.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: rest
    Why: 4ºC Heavy rain
    Last hard: yesterday evening's 5 mile felt quite hard
    Last Rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: not a clue

Alehouse - hope hospital appt goes well. Whatever it will be good to have a plan in place

• What: 3k treadmill.
    Why: Making the most of my new membership.
    Last hard: Wednesday night walking to the meeting point was COLD! Was fine once running though.
    Last Rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics: Nope.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics, no

alehouse, barnsleyr would have known that, good luck

have a good party emzap

what: maybe a little gym later

why: use the shower as my bathroom is out of action at the moment

last hard: yesterday morning

last easy: weds

have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wow, so I bought some furniture 2 months ago and it never arrived...well someone just rang at the door and has given me the money back!  Nice surprise!

Wabo hope the bathroom is fixed soon
    Ale Bob Dylan wrote a lot of songs people don't realise he wrote, talented man.

• Hope you have a good plan in place Alehouse.

Enjoy the party emzap - good news about the refund.

Wabo - when do you get to see little Cleo and her mum next?

• LMH: actually far from happy! Spent 3 hours waiting to see the top man, and then a more junior doc came to apologise to say that the top man had had to leave. I had already seen the junior doc before and he didn't add much to what he had said previously. He is a surgeon, and therefore suggests the surgery route; last week the radiotherapist suggested the radiotherapy route, surprise surprise,  so no decision as yet, and it will be down to me to make the choice. The good thing is that he again said there is no great urgency. Will try to speak with people who have had brachytherapy: I know, and know of, some who have had surgery, with a range of success.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse - a very frustrating afternoon for you, but as you say the positive thing is there's no urgency.

Emzap - I think I recall you posting about the furniture issue at the time. Great outcome. Regarding "lost" Dylan songs, my favourite is "Percy's Song" an epic tale recorded by Fairport Convention on the album "Unhalfbricking". Also on the same album is their version of another Dylan song "Si Tu Dois Partir" which is "If you gotta go, go now" also recorded by Manfred Mann.....which brings us full circle.

Anyway, as usual, I digress. This morning was a very relaxed 6.1M in thoroughly horrible conditions.

I think I need to apologise for another set of obscure lyrics - the singer is a top man and a favourite (but not THE favourite) of BR.
  • Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience Alehouse but I too would take heart from the lack of urgency.

• Evening all,

Been silly busy with work so haven't had a lot of time for anything else, hoping I wake up ok tomorrow to do Parkrun image

Have I missed anything?

Hope everyone is ok, and all have a good weekend.
  • Evening

Thought I'd posted on here this morning ?! Oh well.

Didn't know lyrics then either.

Reading Victoria Pendletons autbiography at moment. Quite a decent read.

Now to catch up.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

sorry to hear you are getting the run round Ale, hope all gets sorted soon.

What - 8.25km
    Why - Still havent change my Garmin back to miles....
    Last Hard - Sat
    Last rest - Mon

Take care and No to the lyrics

• Hello image Finally finished work for 3 weeks off, hoooraaayyyy!!

First park run tomorrow. 2.5k easy down, 5krun then 2.5k back. Hoping for a sub 20 minute tomorrow. First properly timed run apart from the half Marathon so really excited image