UK Ultras

2»

Comments

• Long,tough and beautiful.That seems to be the three words that most ultra runners would use to describe their favourite races.Its also three words that describe the Cape Wrath trail from Fort William,almost 200 miles makes it a bit of a challenge but I know I'd enter if it existed.

• Why start at Tyndrum,why not go the whole hog and start at Milngavie,its only another 53 miles after all. I'm doing the West Highland Way race in June so might just keep heading north after image ( in my dreams)

• I agree with some races in the distance between 50 miles and 100 miles.   Seems a very big step up!

• yes eek! really looking forward to it, I would love to see an ultra in Snowdonia,i've done some lovely runs over the Snowdon range then onto the Glyders and up and across the Carneddau

• Def more with no nav! And more generous time limits. A 100 miler with no nav with a time limit around 35/36 hours would be good. Within 150 miles of Manchester!

The only 100 I've found with no nav & 36 hr limit is Enduroman, but 1 mile laps not really ideal. And it's way down south. Still entered... image

• Would there be a chance of a 100 mile race in the North or Scotland. The West Highland Way is iconic and I'm doing it again this year but is pretty much the only very long race (LD100 as well) up here. I'm sure that you could link a number of excellent trails to get to 100 miles. I also notice that the Thames Path 100 has become extremely popular after only one year. I put this down to it being an "easy" 100 miler (expecting lots of abusive replies at this point!). People are attracted to the iconic 100 miles, easy terrain and reduced navigation - I think.

Great to get more events - surprising how popular ultras have become.