Saturday 15th December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - You've got to accentuate the positive

Wet here yesterday and overnight, I expect there will be a fair bit of localised flooding again, dry not but quite windy. Hoped to get out on the bike but not sure conditions are favourable - may have to result to turbo torture but first I have to face the horror that is grocery shopping ten days before xmas.

Anyone racing today/this weekend?

Enjoy your parkruns those that are indulging - and three weeks off sweep.

What:                 long bike or turbo
Why:                  tomorrow is LSR day
Las hard:           taking a rest yesterday (but I feel better for it)
Last rest:           14/12

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: like the sentiments, but not sure of the song.

What: nothing
    Why: Godson's wedding. Hope it dries up.

Enjoy the day.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Yesterdays lyrics were of course "Greeting to The New Brunette" by the Bard of Barking himself - Billy Bragg.

Todays lyrics - haven't got a clue. Sounds like something from a musical.

8.5M done this morning with club - took the 8.00am start rather than the 6.50am start!

This morning's effort took me to 1812 miles run for the year which is my best annual mileage since 2006 (3861), so I suppose that I can just about claim to have got myself back into regular running. Hoping the be able to build on this for next year.................

Have a good day all
  • Spammersimage

What: brief cold dip followed by wet 9 miler with Elspeth in NE gale
    Why: All Elspeth's usual suspects for Saturday morning had backed off!
    Last Hard: see above
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no idea

• It's a bit quiet today isn't it?

I ended up with a two hour ride on the mtb with Mark. Not often we ride together but we managed it without falling out though he was dying near the end poor thing. He's usually faster than me on the bike but hasn't been training consistently for a while. It was lovely apart from one shower and a couple of places where the head wind was a tad fresh!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hello all,

trying to avoid the sickness bug here, definatelty harbouring something as was shattered and very heavy running at Parkrun... despite 3rd place I was slower than normal in 19:53.....

Hopefuly will be well enoungh to do 90 mins in the morning

Take care

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all, 
    as LMH says its a bit quiet on here today..
    what - 10.45miles all off road earlier, very very boggy but sun was out, and was probably about 10 degrees..
    why - trying to delay wrappping all the presents
    last hard - this morning
    last rest - thursday
    lyric - seem very familiar