Options

RW Forum SIx – 3.30 – 4.00

Comments

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Carter - to be honest, I still much prefer the roads even in conditions like today.  On that stretch I mentioned though, there was no respite whatsoever from the wind - honestly, it was really tough going with sleet driving into your face and a fierce wind.  If the knee height water didn't drench me, that section of road with the rain totally did.  I reckon it conservatively cost 30secs per mile between 6.5 and 8.75, but in reality probably more.

The race was basically in 3 parts.  Firstly, there was a big hill from mile 3 to 4 and secondly another one from 5 to 6.  Then it was more or less level or down hill to the finish.  The trouble is that those 2 and bit miles into the head wind scuppered any consistency in the section where I was hoping to get a move on, but in the circumstances I'm really pleased.  I'm using this as a benchmark and I think/hope I'm on for a sub-1:40 for a Half this Spring, based on who I finished around and their half times.  We'll see!

My splits were 7:54, 7:31, 7:28, 9:42, 7:07, 9:08, 7:34, 8:21, 8:08 and 6:45 so I finished strong, which I'm really pleased about.  Having never down a road 10-miler, it was a PBimage  The profile is below.

/members/images/465898/Gallery/Braunton_10_Garmin.jpg

This week will be really interesting.  Either this time next week I'll be really happy, or I'll be a bit dejected as I have two races this week.  The first is on Wednesday and is a 5K road race on a fairly flat road.  I'm hoping for a strong outing on this after all those weeks of off-road parkruns I've been doing and if the weather conditions are good I'm planning on giving it a good crack!  Next Sunday I have a 5 mile race and I've never ran a 5-miler before.  It's supposed to again be flat, but is right on the sea front and is prone to strong winds, but again I'm going to give it some if the conditions are right.

We'll see how those two go image

• Options

Hi Carter, Normal procedure. Once I get to week 8 in the plan I knock the footie on the head until after the marathon. I have cut down from 2 or 3 games a week to 1. But I need my fix every week and I do miss it when not playing. I think it prudent to stop 8 weeks before just in case I pick up an injury.

Hi Tarq, Welcome. I am 45 myself this year. I ran 1:37 on a HM in Edinburgh during training last year. I ran Edinburgh marathon in 3:33 in the May. This was after ITB kicked into both knees on mile 22-23 which slowed me down. I ran a HM in Haddington in the August in 1:32 and ran the Castles marathon in Northumberland last October in 3:20. Hope that helps as it is kind of close to where you are by the looks of things. When I was training for the Castles Marathon I was running around 8:30 for my LSR's sometimes a little over in training mostly, which I knew at the time wasn't ideal but it kind of worked for me. 

I agree with Carter, if you are looking at the times you are after I think you should up your runs to 5..... not sure 3 runs a week will cut it. I'd probably go with your LSR at 9:00 min/mile and then if you are feeling good on the last few miles up the pace with a strong finish.

• Options

Nice times on an up and down course Big_G, 10 mile races are a bit strange aren't they? Kind of an in between race but quite enjoyable ;0)

• Options

Nell- even though you're not right back into following a plan you're still getting in plenty of miles for now.

Tarq- welcome.  Is there a reason in particular you've not done sessions during the week?  I think that 4 days minimum or 5 even better would set you up for your marathon better.  The thing is with marathon training it isn't just the long runs that set you up to do well on the day, but the overall weekly mileage that you've done in the run up.  Many people focus too strongly on their long runs without actually doing much more to increase the other daily miles they are running, and it all needs to add up.  Your legs need to get used to being tired in the run up before you get to taper and then do race day.

G- best of luck with your races!  Having now done a few parkruns I have discovered I really really like the distance of 5k.  Well I don't like it much at the time...it's short but painful.... but I get such a buzz after, it's really fun to run fast and give all you can!  5 miles is an interesting distance.  I've not done a 5 mile race before but guess I would aim for 15 seconds faster than 10k pace at first and see how I felt after a couple of miles... What times are you aiming for?

Well I got in my easy 4 miles tonight on the treadmill, it has been the most hideous day here, stormy/lashing rain/freezing and I couldn't face going outside.  Then I did some weights after.  Finished the week on around 29 miles and though that is quite low compared to some of you it's the first week of my training plan and I feel it's been a really good base which I will be adding to every week now, extending my long runs as the weeks go on!  So feeling pretty chuffed and back on track.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Ali - regarding times, for the 5K my current PB on a flat parkrun course is 21:29, and this was in pretty perfect conditions last summer.  Between you, me and the gatepost I will be disappointed if I don't PB, presuming the weather conditions are good.  If it's a strong wind, all bets are off!

For the 5-miler, I'm not sure.  At the 10K race I did between Xmas and New Year I did 44:01 which is an average of 7:05min/mile.  If I stick that 10K time into McMillan it suggests 35:09 for the 5-miler, but again all bets are off if it's a strong wind.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Back again and continuing with my catch up.

Carter - that Kinder Trial sounds pretty tough. I have to hand it to you for trying even if it did not work out as planned. Always try something once I say. Interesting how some can just glide on the surface while the majority struggle with the condirions. Bet you that cake and tea were delicious when you had them. And good to see that the experience has not deterred you from trying it again sometime in the distant future.

Big G - did you need the brolly this morning ? Gusts of up to 70mph should hopefully have helped with your PB attempt.

Ali - good to see that your marathon training has started proper. Funny how when you are in the thick of it you want to be running frely and when you are running for fun you want  a training plan. Us humans are very complex.

Big G - great result. Hopefully you enjoyed the post race shandy back at the pub. What an up and down course too.

Nell - good running from you too even if you have not started training yet.

Tarq - welcome aboard. Join the fun. Most of the others have said it. 4-5 runs is what seems to be the norm. I have 5 in my schedule but do not always get 5 done. 4 good runs is probably the minimum. As Carter says first marathon one needs to get to the start line in good shape. Depending on your level of fitness a 1:37 HM probably means that you can knock out a 3:40 marathon. If you can get more training in and mix up the sessions and arrive at the start line in good nicck a 3:30 might be possible. I would not focus so much on an exact time right now. More focus on getting more training in and building the endurance needed for the last 10k. Hills, intervals, tempo runs along with the LSR are key.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    carterusm wrote (see)

Carl - Are you only going to be changing the pace of your long runs or will there be any other changes to your plan as well ?

Carter - I am going to tinker with the pace of my LSR's and also the amount of MP that I have included so early. I need to tinker with the weekly mileage as I am probably going to struggle getting 5 runs in every week. Not much else. Maybe introduce a cut back week.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

What a miserable week this was. I have got well wet on more than one occassion. I do not mind some rain but when the water is sloshing around in the trainers that is a bit too much. !!!

Four runs for me this week. I think I reported on Tuesday's interval session where I was made to feel rather slow !.

Could not run Wednesday evening as had parent teacher evening to attend at my son's school and it went on a while so it was too late to head out when we eventually got home.

So Thursday evening the plan was for 8 miles at a comfortable pace. I knocked these out at an average pace of 8:46 min/mile. I quite enjoyed this run.

Friday night became my tempo type run, where the plan was for 1 mile w/u, followed by 4 miles at HM pace (7:20m/m) and 1 mile c/d.

Headed to the running track and hopped the fence. Had it and the park to myself.

/members/images/557163/Gallery/Running_Track_HH.jpg

Completed the w/u mile in 8:43 min.

The 4 miles that followed were at : 7:16; 7:11; 7:14 and 7:07 mins.

This was really tough especially the last mile.

I was on my c/d mile when the heavens opened. I was not expecting it. Within minutes the track was covered in standing water and I was soaked through with water sloshing around in my trainers. Never before have I got this wet. An experience. I looked worse than a drowned rat when I presented myself at the front door to try and get back into the house.

I do not remember getting wet so much last winter. But then it was much colder. In fact it was freesing. I think I preferred that.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

My plan had me doing a parkrun yesterday. But having done a speed session on Friday night decided to give it a skip. In any case I was a tad busy with the kids.

With 16 miles planned for today I prepared well last night by watching a late night movie on the telly. A rare treat.

Got up at 7.30, had some toast, got ready and hit the road about 8.20. I decided that I would give gels one last trya nd brought some High 5 gels with me.

I had decided that today I would head into London and run along the river. I also decided that today I would take as a steady run and was aiming for circa 8:45 pace (45 secs slower than MP).

Forecast was for rain by 10am and for once it was spot on.

Ran down through Regents Park and carried onto Regents Street. Crossed Oxford Circus and down lower Regent Street. Past a group of kids being let into Hamleys for some sort of private shopping trip. Down Piccadilly and through Trafalgar Square. It was really nice. Going early meant very few people on the pavements. Along the Embankment and over the Thames via the Millenium (wobbly) Bridge. Ran back along the river on the south soide, passing Southbank, the London Eyw and all the way as far as Vauxhall and the MI6 building (that got blown up in Skyfall). Over the river again and back along past the Houses of Parliment, crossed Parliment Square as Big Ben chimed 10am, up Horseguards Parade (and the Horseguards were doing something out on the hugh parade area), down the Mall towards Buckingham Palac. The Mall was shut to traffic so it was nice. By now it was raining and getting heaver. Through Green Park, crossed into Hyde Park and was getting very wet and cold by now. 2 miles here and headed for home.

Again I got home pretty wet. It was a lovely run though but not flat as the profile below shows.

/members/images/557163/Gallery/London_17m.jpg

/members/images/557163/Gallery/London_17mile_profile.jpg

I ended up doing 17miles at 8:42 min/mile. The majority of the miles were in the 8:37 to 8:50 pace range. However I threw 4 miles in 8:30 to 8:18 pace range.

I felt really good after this long run today.

Overall that is 37 miles this week which is the same as last week.

Next week I have a 20k race on Saturday so will be making sure that I get my runs in on Tuesday through Thursday.

4 weeks of my training done and 145 miles clocked up already. image

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Cracking run around London there Carl.  I love London, but don't get to visit as often as I'd like.  I've done London marathon once and have done one run near Hyde Park on another occasion, and that's it.  It must be great to see all those sights whilst out for your run.

• Options

Big_G – some good pace from you considering the weather conditions. Good luck with the 2 races this week.

Nell – what length is your training plan for Edinburgh i.e. how long do you have to give up the footy for pre marathon ?

Ali – we are all at different stages of our plans so 29 miles for your first week is pretty good to me. Have you got a target time in mind yet or waiting til nearer the time to decide ?

Carl – Kinder Trial was very tough for me and looking at the website the race director stated “rather a tougher one than usual”. Here is a profile of the part of the course I did complete

/members/images/633987/Gallery/Kinder_Trial.png

Like you, I am struggling to get in all 5 runs every week. However, I think I am feeling some benefit as I’m more rested for my next run which I tend to run quite well. I recall that this time last year we were discussing the pros and cons of running in snow and on ice, this year it’s all about strong winds and heavy rain. I think I found it easier last year, what about you ?

• Options

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions/welcomes.
    You lot are a friendly bunch it has to be said.
    It’s really useful to get other perspectives, and helpful to be able to re-focus on what the fundamental issue is.
    In this instance for me that’s as simple as fixing a goal time as others have pointed out. So have been mulling that over in the last few days.
    The thing is, the training plan that I’ve been following is a 3.30 one. At the back of my mind I suppose I’ve doubted whether that is achievable or not, so I’ve been leaving some wiggle room for something over that time, but better than my previous time  3.52. That’s my cautious nature coming to the fore, but let’s face it, it’s not the most positive approach.
    So with that in mind there’s some affirmative action to take forward: I’m sticking with the plan and that’s the target time; the LSR pace is gonna slow down a bit. (Steve Smythe in RW this month was giving some advice on the subject for someone running to the same target. His recommendation was LSR pace somewhere 8.30 to 9.30 pace I think)
    So I set out yesterday on my 15 miler with focus renewed. Avg pace returned was 8.29. So more room for improvement on that front!
    BTW, how horrendous was that weather!

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Did anyone see this from RW US?  Galen Rupp broke the US indoor 2-mile record, which itself is obviously a great story.  However, what struck me was the below that Salazar got him to do for his "warm down".

"Salazar is known for putting his athletes through rigorous workouts after their all-out race efforts. As Flotrack reports, after taking a 15-minute post-race break, including some autograph signing, Rupp did five times a mile, with 400-meter recoveries between, in 4:21, 4:20, 4:20, 4:16, and 4:01."

I hope he doesn't turn up at my 5-miler on Sunday image

• Options

Thanks for the suggestions and support everyone.

I think I confused you - by "twice during the week" I was meaning Mon-Fri. So with a run on Sat and Sun I am currently running 4 times/week. So for the last four weeks I've run 37/34/27/31 miles/week - that's up from 15-20 miles/week during last year and the most I've ever run.

I've been doing the club's hills session since late November which I do think is building strength in my legs. All other runs were being done at about 8-8.30min/mile. What I'm learning on here is that it's better to vary the pace to generate both endurance and speed. So I'll slow down the LSR (9-9.30) and also make sure I do a faster run too. I have a local Parkrun plus the club also do a track session which I was going to introduce in Feb. I am conscious of over-doing it having been injured before for some time.

Carter - the longest runs I'm planning are 18/19/20 miles. These are at -10/-8/-5 weeks to London. The latter two of these are races which I'm going to run as training runs so they're fixed points in my plan. I thought that a "very" long run inside the last month is too risky ? I was also thinking of doing a fast 1/2m three weeks beforehand to see where this extra training has got me too. Is this wise - I was thinking that it would boost my confidence if I got near a PB I set 10 years ago (1.35).

Carl - am pleased to hear you say don't worry about pace yet. Everyone asks me what time are you aiming for. I currently just say "under 4" and want to decide nearer the time what pace I run at.

Nell - I'd be over the moon if I hit those falling times over the coming year.

Missed a run tonight as have been in London but will hit it again tomorrow night !

• Options

Hi Carl, Great run. If I come down to London with work I stay at the holiday Inn by the Gloucester Road station which is 15 mins on the tube to the office. That gives me the opportunity for some good runs. I did get lost once when taking in the streets and sights and it was amazing how many people had no idea how to direct me back!

Hi carter, 16 week training plan for Edinburgh and the footie stops halfway through. To be honest I don't think I could carry on with both all the way through. The Thursday night takes it out of me as it can be a pretty fast game. Saying that I've been talked into a game tomorrow, that's a one off though ...

Hi Big_G, Some warm down ;0o

Hi Canter, You seem to be getting things straight in your head now, that's good.

S&C day for me today the limbs are aching a bit now ;0)

• Options

Tarq - im aiming to peak my weekly mileage at about 5/6 weeks to go with my last long run 3 weeks out. Then a 3 week taper reducing each week by about 25%. A half a few weeks out is a good idea but I personally think 4/5 weeks from marathon day would be better so I can get my last long run in 3 weeks out. I guess this is one of those situations where it is personal preference and you can only find out what is best for you by experimenting. 

Nell - 8 weeks sounds very sensible. You get the best of both worlds to start with then can focus on your marathon training after that. 

Ive had a couple of days off running since my race at the weekend and am raring to go. Ideally I want to hit 40+ miles for the next 2 weeks, something I haven't achieved in months 

• Options

Carl- great run in the city.  One of the only things that kept me going in the London Marathon was seeing the sights and running in a great city.

Carter- my target time?  3 hr 55 mins.  I did 3:59 at Loch Ness which was a harder course and I hope to do better than that at Edinburgh but don't want to be too ambitious in case I let myself down so I think that's a sensible goal?

And I agree totally with the weather comments- I found it far easier training in a v cold, snowy/icy winter... at least it was still and not very wet.  I can more easily face the thought of a long run through snow (at least it's pretty) than this miserable wet weather.  It's so hard to get out there sometimes.

Canter- you are like me then in not wanting to be over optimistic with times.  That's wise.  I normally have an A, B and C goal for races in order to minimise disappointment if I don't make my A goal.  For Edinburgh in May it is really A goal- 3:45, B goal- 3:55, C goal- new PB even by a second.

G I saw that about Galen Rupp.  I find him interesting to follow especially given his connections to our Mo Farah and the fact they are apparently quite good friends. 

Tarq- long runs of 18/19/20 sound fine to me.  I didn't quite get up to 20 miles in my run up to the marathon last year and still did fine on race day.  I didn't feel like I'd missed out.

Rest day for me today and then I'm off work the rest of the week so will make the most of it running wise.  Bloody knackered tonight though and can't wait for a lie in in the morning.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Ali, yes I keep wondering about him and Mo, and if Rupp is thinking about a marathon?  There is some footage on Flotrak of Rupp doing these sessions along with his interview afterwards. 

Regarding the weather, I find I don't mind getting rained on when I'm out for the run, but I do sometimes find it hard getting out the door if it's peeing down.  I didn't enjoy the snow/ice last year as I was really wary underfoot so I find I'm getting more miles in this winter than last.  If the rain is combined with a strong wind, I find that hard work.

A rest day for me today.  I did a slow 6-miler yesterday, but it didn't leave me feeling refreshed so it's an unplanned rest day today and I'll try and get a decent night's kip tonight if I can.

I realised yesterday that I had ran 6 days last week, which is a first.  I felt fine on Sunday afternoon after the 10-mile race, but maybe it's caught up with me a bit so a day off today is needed.  I think I forgot to say that I had done 54 miles the week before (5 sessions), which was a weekly mileage record for me so onwards and upwards. 

This week was a planned "step back" week in terms of mileage, so this is all fine and I'll move things around a bit depending on how I'm feeling.

• Options

Hi Tarq, Sorry seems we all misunderstood there then ;0) Seems like you have it in hand then. I know I would struggle to get over 5 in a week and sometimes dependant on work it has to be 4. Work pays, the bills not running!

Hi Big_G, I don't think I have ever got up to 54 miles in a week, then to be honest can't see myself getting time to!

Went out early this morning for a 5 mile run before I headed over to Glasgow for a job. Don't know times as my wife is out for a run with my watch! Think I averaged about 7:40-45. Felt good, it was a little drizzly but not windy so felt great for a change! Playing footie tonight, but going to try and take it easy....famous last words....

• Options

Hope you had a good lie in Ali...now back to it ;0)

• Options

G I too have never run 54 miles in a week I don't think and don't imagine I will any time soon.  Well done for having the motivation and making the time.  Of course we all have the time but whether we choose to use it for running is the question.

Nell I did enjoy my lie in then met a friend where we ran for about 4.5 miles and then did some weights at the gym whilst having a catch up.  Glad to be off work today though.  And glad we got outside even though it was a hellish day and very high winds.  Felt like an achievement after wards when we returned to the gym absolutely soaked and a bit windswept to say the least.

• Options

10.5 easy miles for me last night. Yes, it was cold and windy, and of course it chucked it down with rain/sleet. I can't remember the last time I went for a run without getting drenched.....

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Ali, yes I'm lucky.  I have the time, but it just equates to about 8 or 9 hours a week max of actual training.  I think my friends are getting a bit peed off though as I keep leaving early, or not drinking etc, for races or training.  To be honest, the travel time to races is causing more of an issue with my wife image  For that 10-miler on Sunday, I left the house at just gone 8am and didn't get back until about 2.30pm image

Are there any foodies on here?  I'm looking for new types of meals (lunches and evening meals) to get more veg in.  I've been getting 10-12 in a day for the last couple of weeks, but I want to keep that going and not get bored so any suggestions welcome image

• Options

G- I am a vegetarian so find it quite easy getting in lots of veggies.  Some of my favourite veggie filled meals at home- risotto (mushroom, or roast pepper normally), pasta with roast peppers and garlic (just roast loads of red and yellow peppers in the oven with garlic, oil, salt and pepper, and then pour over pasta with maybe a little pesto), vegetable chilli (using courgettes, sweet potatoes, pepper, onion, kidney beans) vegetable stir fries with noodles or rice, Indian dishes like vegetarian curries or dhal (good for protein),  Of course most of these you could add meat into in some form if you wanted to!

I was very tired this morning and didn't really feel up to a long run so I'm going to do it tomorrow.  

Nell- I have just entered the Alloa half marathon.  See you there!

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Thanks Ali, I'll have a look at those.  My wife made a cauliflower rice dish last night, with tinned toms, peppers, onions and chicken.  It was really nice, and contained 5 veg, so happy days on that one.

I mentioned that tonight was a 5K time trail.  I don't really know where it came from, but I knocked 53 seconds off my PB with a time of 20:36!!  I'm really pleased, if a little shocked.  To be honest, I was hoping/expecting to PB tonight but I wasn't expecting that much time to come off.  

The route is as flat as you can get, but my previous PB was also on a very flat route so they're comparable.

/members/images/465898/Gallery/Brunel_5K.jpg

• Options

Well done getting out there in the weather Carter. I am on call tonight and was just talking to one of my colleagues in Boston (the US one) and he said it was 11 degrees F over there which equates to about -11 C I believe!

Well done on the PB Big_G great running ;0)

That is good news on Alloa Ali, I will see you there. I think a few folk I know are running that although a couple have since got injured since announcing their intention!

Just a gym day today as the legs were a bit tired after playing football last night and my right ankle is a bit twitchy. It was not very good surface last night, very sandy so everyone was slipping a bit. Probably won't get a run in the morning as my wife is going out and I am off early to a job in Glasgow, but another footie session later! Cross Training!

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Big G - 54 miles in a week and now a 5k PB as well. Great running from you. This club training is really paying off.

Seems like everyone is in a good place right now.

I do hate this constant wet weather and have now picked up a head cold. REally annoying.

I was out with work last night so decided to get up early yesterday (before 6.30) and head to the running track for my interval session. I was not the only mad person out running in the dark of early morning. That said it was a clear morning, very cold but nice and bright as the sun came up.

The plan was 16 x 200m intervals at 5lk pace.

After a mile w/u, I knocked them out.

48s; 47s; 46s; 47s; 47s; 47s; 47s; 47s;

47s; 45s; 45s; 45s; 45s; 47s; 45s;  45s; 42s

Then a mile c/d @9:27m/m.

I did not realise until I put them up here that I actually did 17 x 200m.

It was a good start to the day but not sure I would do it too often.

Woke up this morning with a head cold but as long as it stays above the neck I will crack on with running.

When I got home tonight it was still raining. Did I mention that I hate the rain. Every so often is ok and if I am out running and it starts it is ok. But raining before I have even got going is getting a tad tiring.

So I went to the gym and the dreaded treddie.

Somehow I lasted for the 10 miles I had planned. Covered them at 8:45min/mile.

Since I was last at the gym they have upgraded their running machines and they now have a tv. I think the only reason I got through was watching Mrs Brown's Boys on BBC1.

I have to say, I have great respect for anyone who runs long distance on these things. It is boing and tedious.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Thanks Carl/Nell.  I had donned a brand new pair of my regular running shoes, so it must be thatimage

Carl, again some great splits there!  Well done on that session and getting up early, especially for a speed session!

For me, it's 6 easy miles today or tomorrow, 10-12 easy miles Saturday AM and then a 5-mile race on Saturday.

• Options

Well done on the 5k G that's a brilliant time!

carl- 10 miles on a tready! Respect!

today I got 11 miles in, furthest I've ran in two months and it felt bloody hard. I am visiting my parents as I have a few days off work. I asked my mum if she knew a good 11 mileish route I could do and she said she did and she would run it with me. I had easy road miles in mind.

well, she did not. We started off and three miles in we had run along the canal, over some trail and down the side of a boggy field. I could see that this was going to be a 'fun' run by my mother's standards. We ran from Linlithgow over to Bo'ness a town nearby, but obviously her aim of the game was to get there by whichever means got us dirtiest, so we did running through woods, along the side of a river, through fields etc. not to mention the hills were brutal. Oh and did I mention there is a perfectly good road we could have gone by? I panted and moaned that I couldn't carry on whilst she wasn't even out of breath.

we got to Bo'ness and ran along the town for a couple of miles before going back to Linlithgow by road (thank goodness). 

It was extremely hilly and exhausting. We finished and had done 11.2 miles in 10:17 mile pace. The effort was really hard though. I feel happy I'm finally building the distance back up again.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Ali - I really struggled on the treddie. Do not think I have ever stuck it out before. It is so boring and that is even with the telly  - which frankly is a distraction as it makes you run looking down and not straight ahead.

Well done on the 'fun' run. 11miles is good and especially an off roader.

Big G - I have a new pair of trainers too. Not sure I will break them in until next week.

So was feeling rubbish during the day today and also had a training course from 4 through 8pm, so decided that I would have to give todays run a skip.

I have a plan to get home from work early tomorrow and I will sneak in some miles. Tonights plan was a 7 mile run with 5 at HM pace. Will probably do 5-6 miles at comfortable pace tomorrow with the race on Saturday. Hopefully it will not be raining and this cold will have dissapered. Very inconvienient.