Thursday December 27th

Morning all, am I first?
must admit getting up for work this morning wasn't the easiest move I've had to make
what - club night , so 5 or 6 steady run
why - club session
last hard - last week
last rest - hmm 13 days?
Running related Christmas gifts - none

welcome to Davey, well done Sweep and no LmH, not down for London next year. If I do a marathon I suspectr it will be either off road or Autumn...

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Deadlines and Commitments by The Killers.

I must admit Dustin - I'm getting very used to not having to get up of a morning. Next Wednesday is going to be a shock to the system.

What:                     LSR
    Why:                      time, opportunity and weather
    Last hard:              thinking o a (hopefully) not flooded route
    Last rest:               22/12
    Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Dark and damp, but not raining. Yet.

What: funeral then drive to Chester then to East Midlands. May need a walk afterwards!
    Why: running friend of 40 years, mum from brother's to home, etc

Lyrics: no

Good to see you Davey:  stick around!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - I was too optimistic in my earlier post - persistent heavy rain here. Hope the funeral goes as well as possible. Drive safely.

• Morning

ale: Hope funeral goes as well as it can

Still got cold,so nothing bar walking Geordie.

• What: possibly run this afternoon
    Why: In at work but unexpected half day today. JS group may not happen this evening. Dry at pressent.
    Last rest : Xmas
    Lyrics: no

Ale - hope today's not too arduous

• Hi All

Travel day for me today so no running - train from Darlington to London this morning before heading back to Guildford later.  Weather in London wet!

Alehouse - hope funeral is fitting send off for your friend.

Little M.iss Happy - target this spring is Brighton Marathon and to run it under 4hrs (anything between 3.5 - 4hrs target)

Hello Dustin.

Back out running tomorrow!

• Will that be your first marathon Davey?

Unexpected half days are great OH!

As I stepped out of the door for my run, wondering if I could hold out and do enough miles to justify calling it a LSR the rain stopped so I took it as a sign and did 20 - will ease back on the longer stuff now until after Brass, need to find some speed from somewhere in the next three weeks without breaking myself.

• Nice one, LMH

Hi and welcome Davey_P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Another mince pie, anyone image?

I have to work today and tomorrow image so I know all about shocking the system, Dustin image. Managed a lunchtime run, but got soaked. Anyway, glad it's done now.

what: nearly 8 miles
    why: lunchtime run
    last hard 25/12 (no kidding, I really did intervals on Christmas Day image)
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: nope

• What: Just forced myself out before dark for 8km.

Why: Sticking as closely to marathon training plan (Hal Higdon) as possible. Written it all out in my new (normal) diary, I'm determined to make it work and get the miles in during the work week too. New job starting on the 2nd, my working day will be 9.30-6.30 so I should be able to get shorter runs in at the gym which is by the bus stop and longer runs home from work.

Lyrics: Nope.

Thoughts with you alehouse. chickadee well done for managing intervals on Xmas Day!
  • Impressive chickadeee!

That's a long working day GGG.

• Did a very muddy 8.2 miles today, lost a shoe at one point, but thankfully still managed to laugh to myself the whole way round image legs feel tight and heavy from yesterday's race, but gonna spend tomorrow doing as little as possible, so happy with the effort put in.

Thoughts are with you alehouse, seems like it's been a testing time for you of late.

Good luck with the new job (and training!) georginagem image
  • Evening

What 8 commute
    Why time to stop messing about and knuckle down
    Lyrics no

Now that the madness of Christmas is over its time to get serious. Acquired P&D and The Lore of Running for Christmas for a bit of light reading between now and Easter.

• Evening all.

Much alcohol consumed, many calories devoured, all waist bands have shrunk.

Following the DOMS that I got as a Christmas present for not running on a regular basis, I scaled back my ambitions. The Boxing Day 20, which was my usual penury got replaced by the Tri Club Boxing Day Bimble. It was very pleasant, only 9.5 miles, and at nothing more than 9m/m. This was the first time that I'd been out with them and there was the classic comment that I ran better than I swam. That's not hard. Even as rough as I am, 9m/m is the slowest I've been for ages.

Today, assembled the new Chrissy Pressie, and did 45 minutes on the turbo-torture-trainer. I have also taken both of the children's broken DVD players and made one that works. A feature film is a good length training session.