Up for Dublin

Hello everybody.

How's the last week build up to the Dublin marathon going.

I've just had a massive bowl of chilli and I'm now sick of the sight of hot cross buns.

Anyone going from bristol airport.

Hope everyone whose running has a good time.

Comments

• Hello Deneo,
    I am flying from Bristol, saturday at 8:30 i think.
    Better check.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Flying from London Saturday.

More pasta for lunch then. And pass another bagel while you're there.....
  • Excellent, Mr Silly

I'm off on the 12:30 flight, then striaght to the expo.

Deneo
  • My flight, to be exact is 8:15 am saturday.

Is this your first time in Dublin,Deneo.
  • You're r*nning Gavo? I didn't know...wow cool..good luck! (And to the rest of you of course)
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Well I'm going. Whether or not what I do qualifies as r*nning is up to interpretation.
  • It certianly is, after the LFM I decided to I'd like to do a smaller marathon to see how fast I could do it and of course to taste the crack of Dublin.

Deneo
  • My flight's Saturday afternoon, 3.15 Gatwick. Just had a pint and a half of Guinness for lunch and no food. Not much to eat last night either, but I had two slices of toast this morning. Its a new kind of tapering, I'm eating less and running more.
  • mmm.. I've got a stomach bug so any carbo input doesn't stay long enough to do any loading! Perhaps the gwance will help!
  • I'm on the 8pm flight from Heathrow on Friday night. Good luck to all of you and maybe see some of you there (# 2715).
  • Oh Bu$$er

Are we meant to taper!
    I did 15 = on sunday an hour on Monday rest tuesday an hour wednesday and thursday, planning an hour tomorrow and a loosener when I get to Dublin on Saturday before the breakfast run on sunday.
    Run marathon on mnday then back and straight into Luton Marathon training!

oh i might get drunk in Dublin on monday but will go for a head clearing,leg loosening jog on Tuesday morning anyway.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Nah, drunk on Monday, hangover Tuesday and walk around with a limp for a few days trying to get sympathy at work. Should get me a seat at the Friday social though.
  • A seat in the SJT you must be joking.
  • I'll definitely be needing a seat at the SJT!
    I approve of Gavo's post marathon recovery programme :-)