2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

It wasn't the type of shopping I really wanted to do.  When I first got my engagement ring it took about 5 months to find the ring we wanted and it was hot doing the bathroom.  I wanted to try & get a coat on the ceiling however that will have to wait until Tuesday.

Jason,

That's not good hope the router arrives quicker than expected.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.

• spaghetti bolognise and a day off for recovery worked well, 18.63 miles (30k exactly!) this morning, 11 of it alone, and I felt great pretty well the whole way round. It was about 15 degrees ad cloudy, which made a huge difference!

back to ht and sunny tomorrow, so might make it another rest day with weights and stretches in the gym; 10 mile race on Saturday then a 5k next Wednesday so might even think about a mini taper!

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Channon, well done with your 15k race

IJ, another good long run banked

------------------------------

couldn't resist it and went out for a little recovery run down to clachnaharry point

stats: 3.04mi, 33:15, 10:54mm, 134(70%)

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP well done on the Parkrun result, and nice trail running. 

Jason nice 20 miler and a fantastic week's total !

Stuart well done on the Dundee half - great time given you lost 4 minutes at the start ! Well done for avoiding the busimage

AGF glad you enjoyed the cut-back week

MG nice easy yesterday, and well done on the week's training

Fiona hope you slept better last night

Stewart thanks - it was a great route along the coast and back.  Well done on that hilly 20 miler and well done on another great week's total.image Nice recovery today.

Channon well done on that 15k

HM you must have roasted doing the bathroomimage

IJ good running - well done on the 30k

---

Very easy 4m recovery for me at 64%maxHR.  Legs like lead after yesterday's LSR...

• macemace ✭✭✭

Tek - that's a fair improvement in pace/HR, looking good

Crap couple of weeks here, starting with a mishap on the bike which left me with a wrist sprain and a groin strain then a few days sick so no running for a week then a couple of short ones last week and a park run test saturday to see if I could race Sunday. Came out of that ok and when the sun didn't appear on Sunday morning decided to give it a go. 

Was probably a bit too ambitious considering the build up and after 1M was feeling 40:00 pace a bit more than i expected, then a long hill did for the legs, a quick downhill reminded me of the groin, and from there it was grit the teeth and pray for the finish. If im honest i probably would have stopped in the last mile but got dragged along by 2 others and thanked them both when it was over. 41:16 in 21st and it hurt !!

• macemace ✭✭✭

Stuart - sounds like you were in the wrong frame of mind which I can relate to as I had mostly negative thoughts throughout.

• Mace - fantastic result fella - especially under the circumstances. That would be a dream time for me at the moment image

14 today in 2hrs on treddie. The first half slower and then MP in the second half. Bloomimg tough - had to stop for water refill too !!

Starting to get some faster running in now image

• IC well done on your 18 good miles banked

Stewart C good stuff getting out !

Tek nice easy one earlier

Mace well done for keeping going when you felt like crap

9 m at 8.31 av earlier ,very hot 30 c and humid to go with it , felt pretty drained at the end , running shirt was sodden. Busy with work tomorrow so no chance of getting out which may be a relief image
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Yep, it gets the sun first thing and when I did start work in there I was working for about 25 min before taking a break each time.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.

• MG1 impressive my 17 miles at 9:10 pace

Fiona I take ibuprofen for my knee

AGF will do singles and a double on Weds 2 interval sessions a park run and a long run progressive

• Wow - that was a thunder storm !!!  Started 1 mile into my morning 6 mile run image

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

mace - great result given the injury and illness.  Well done !!image

AGF well done on the 14m - especially the MP section. I just missed the storm myself...

MG nice pace in the heat - 30C! image

HM oofimage

Mel that sounds like a lot of hard work

---

I thought the rain would make it cooler but it was still very muggy at 7am when I went out. 1m w/up then 8.5m at MaraHR - came out as 7:59mm, so slightly disappointed given the improvement in training paces.  Still, 14 weeks to go, so patience required.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF & Tek,

I'm envious of you guys having rain.  We were meant to get some this afternoon however not a drop.

----------

Bathroom ceiling and 1st coat on walls done.  I'm so thankful it's a small bathroom.

• teknik, that us very solid indeed. Especially in this heat/humidity. Good man. Still think you MP is 30 secs faster image

another hot and sweaty 6 this evening image

• AGF - Well done on the hot and sweaty 6

Tek - Good run, as you say still 14 weeks to go so plenty of time for that to drop further.

MG - Good pace for your 9, weather sounds hellish!

IJ - Well done on the 30k

Stewart - Good wee recovery effort there!

Mace - Well done on the 10k, very impressive time given you didn't seem to feel up for it. I think you're right, no matter how your body feels if your head isn't in the game you aren't going to run well.

------------

Roughly 4 miles @ 9:30ish pace. Garmin didn't pick up a signal at all, but I know the route is almost dead on 4 miles. Legs a bit stiff from Sunday and it was really humid out there so only done 4 instead of 6.

Planning on 35-40 miles this week, but might only be 30. Going up to Fort William on Sunday to start our near 400km trek to Cape Wrath on Monday morning, so might only run 4 times this week.

• Hi Hm4, good work image

stuart, all the very best on your adventure image

• Mace - sounds like a tough one! great running though even tho you didn't feel up to it.

IJ - wow - good going

HM4 - good news re your bathroom.

a bit cooler today and a very short 3miles for me this afternnon. Unfortunately had to run with a double buggy and two kids in it so the time was pretty awful (thats my excuse anyway) but on the plus side, the legs felt good.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Good luck Stuart, I hope you get decent weather.

mace fantastic time, one I can only dream of! image

A lot of good running going on, nice that not so hot for some.

Took a couple of days off as feeling out of sorts, 7m tonight. HR high but should be ok.

Teknik no wonder the HR was high if muggy. I think AGF is right. image

F

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

HOORAY!!!!image

NEW ROUTER HAS ARRIVED!!!!imageimage

Hello again, everyoneimage

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Mace, still a great time well done battling through the pain

AGF, another awesome treadie run, 

MG, another hot run well done getting the 9 complete 

Tek, I'm sure the pace will increase when the conditions ease, still a good run

SM, well done with the run, and I hope the weather gods are kind to you on your walking holiday

Channon, well done withe the buggy run

Fiona, nice 7 hope the hip is recovery well and your feeling in better form 

Jason, welcome back image

----------------------------------------------

7 miles for me last night, went out with Gordie instead of doing intervals, was certainly pushed along and only slowed up on the inclines and in the last mile

stats: 7.03mi, 1:01:11, 8:42mm, 165(86%)

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM well done on the decorating

AGF well done on last night's hot 6

Stuart wow that's some walking holiday !

Channon well done on the run with the double buggyimage

Fiona glad you're feeling a little better - well done on the 7m

Jason Yay! Welcome backimage

Stewart well done on the 7 miler - nice paceimage

---

4.7m run this morning with a 75%max ceiling.  Tonight I have a XC 3k race - PB guaranteed as it's my first at this distance.  I think I'll go off at 6:00mm and see if I can hang on...image

• Wow - that would be terrific XC pace for 2 miles Teknik. Good luck !!

Hi Jason. Hope all is well?

Well done Channon

Keep up the good work Stewart.

Hi Fiona - nice to see you running again

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

image LOL typo - meant to say 6:30 paceimage

• 2 runs today.... 11 miles image

• AGF  good session

I just ran one session at 6:30 am 11 miles at 8:24 pace pleasant run not too humid

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

Excellent.

Tek,

Thanks.

---------

Well done on everyone's trianing.

• Mel - Nice run early on

AGF - Well done on the 2 runs

Tek - Nice easy effort earlier, good luck with the XC tonight.

------------

Felt like crap all night last night, and again once I woke up so haven't ran. Hopefully feel better tomorrow afternoon.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF nice doubleimage

Mel good early morning run

Stuart hopefully the day off will help

---

Just back from my 3k race.  Not exactly "cross country", more crumbly and rutted gravel path around the park.  Managed 3:58 per k , or 6:23 per mile, but didn't get a sub-12 as the course was long by 80 metres.image Still, it's a PB...image

• Stewart nice 7 yesterday

Welcome back Jason

Tek nice little run this morning, hope tonights goes well and ypu get that pb

AGF good double image

Mel W early start for your 11, well done

SM6 hope yofur feeling fit for a run soon

As i have just one day left before my holiday thought i would go for a 9 m tempo type run over the same route i used to use last summer, managed 1.10.18 at av 7.49 which is nearly 4 m quicker than last summer so quite pleased considering the conditions.
  • AGF - Very nice!

Tek - how irritating that the course was longer - still great pace - i wish i could run at that pace!

Mel - good work.

rest day for me today. Cant wait to get back out there tomorrow. Might need new shoes though - this pair has seen me through enough running i think. they need a break.