2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Nice running guys

Tek- well done on the PBimage

nothing much happening here- 5.7m recovery this morning and just over 12m in just under 1.30 this evening

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

AGF, nice double today, 

Mel, nice to get it out of the way before it get too hot

SM, hope you're feeling better soon

Tek, cracking pace well done image

MG, a good improvement there enjoy your holiday

Channon, hope you've enjoyed the rest day

Jason, another good day of training

--------------------------------------------------------------------

14 mile MLR this evening, it was a little muggy out and I did stuggle a little near the end, legs were tired after last night's quicker run, happy to get this one out of the way

Stats: 14.17mi, 2:26:21, 10:20mm, 144(76%)

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

MG well done on the tempo improvement - especially in this heatimage

Channon hope you enjoyed the rest day

Jason nice double.  Are you still on that paleo / no grain diet?image

Stewart well done on the 14m MLR - it's a slog in this weather.

---

14m MLR for me too this morning.  Hot, humid and with a hilly bit in the middle with the club.  Averaged 70% max but had a few spikes over 75% on the hills. Lost 2 kg!!image

• Teknik/Stewart. Two very very runds there. Very well done indeed.

Another awesome running day Jason !!

All packed for thunder run. Camping there tomorrow eve and racing sat/sun.  Of for a jog now image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's training. 

No thunder storms here however we did have some rain early hours this morning.

• AGF - Good luck at Thunder Run. I think I might give that a go next year if I can persuaid some of my mates to do it.

Tek - Tough run this morning, well done. Cracking pace for the 3k yesterday, would be impressive if you could hold that pace over 5k.

Stewart - Good run last night, 14m midweek seems a big ask to me!

Jason - Good pair of run there

MG - Well done on the improvement, but that seems a bit slow compared to your long run pace?

-------------

6.0 miles @ 9:40 something

HR was through the roof (manflu assisted I guess) and legs felt heavy, which might be due to my choice of heavier trainers today.

• Stewart good effort on the 14 m

Tek same for you thats good going in the co ditions

AGF good luck in the thunder run, have fun

SM6 well done on getting out there if feeling a bit ropey, my pace yesterday was okay but would have been better still if it was cooler and less humid, my last 5 m tempo run was at 7.22 av if thats a better comparison

My LR pace may still be a little quick but it feels comfortable and imtend to try and push the last 4 m .

1 hour boot camp tonight which was great as there was plenty of cardio, and leg strength work. Now off to finish packing before a delightful not, 27 hrs of travelling, running shoes and vest packed image just hope i can find somewhere to use them, might have to turn to swimming and running on the beach.

Have a great couple of weeks training all image
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF TR24!  How big is the team?

HM same here...rain failed to clear the heat

Stuart well done for getting out there

MG 27 hours?  image Where are you going?

• Thanks for the best wishes. 4 in the team 

• Tek, Indonesia, just hope i can keep the pounds off for the next two weeksimage aiming to do some sort of training everyday, some may say thats sad but will feel the need to do something.
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

MG enjoy the 2 weeks holiday - up early to avoid the worst of the heat !image

AGF 7+ laps each??imageimage

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Tek, that is a fair amount of weight to loose, great running as always

AGF, good luck with Thunder run over the weekend

SM, I won't be doing to many midweek runs at that distance, well done getting out when not well, hope you're feeling better soon

MG, enjoy your holiday, 

---------------------------------------------

4 mile JS run tonight, kept it easy even with the first 2 miles being uphill

Stats: 4.78mi, 52:14, 10:56mm, 141(74%)

• macemace ✭✭✭

Good luck AGF

Well done with the pb Tek

Dont envy those of you mara training in the heat but at the same time am a tad jealous image

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Mace, good to hear from you, 

been a little quite in here, everyone must be running or recovering from the heat

-----------------------------------------------

3 mile recovery run and I need t the legs felt like lead weights, feel a lot better now

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart the weight loss was only temporaryimage - well done on the JS run last night and nice recovery this morning, glad the legs are better

Mace thanks - hope you're ok

---

5.5m early morning recovery at 68%max then 90 minutes hot yogaimage

• missed posting a bit there! summary for the week: 0.8lb weight loss image 40 miles run so far, and with tomorrow's 10 mile race it'll be a 50. Next week would have been a 55 but there's a 5k race on Wednesday so it'll be only about 40 or 45, depends how far I run on Sunday and how hard the race is Saturday. Quite happy for a drop-back week anyway!

This week's runs: 18 on Sunday, gym Monday, 6.2 Tuesday (6 x 3 mins at 5k pace with 1 min rec), 10 on Wednesday (pushing pace a bit, 86 mins), 5.6 on Thursday, rest (pilates) today.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Good week IJ  image

Upcoming races:

27/07/13  Heckington 10m  Iccle Jim

Good luck Jim tomorrow!!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

MG,

Hope you have a good holiday.

Iccle Jim,

Well done & good luck.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.  Work & decorating are on the list for this weekend however I'm hoping to get out for a 3 mile run tomorrow afternon or Sunday morning.

• IJ - Good training for the week, and good luck with the 10 miler.

Tek - Another good days training!

Stewart - Hope the legs are loosen up a bit now. Now surprised they feel heavy after the increase in mileage you've been pumping in!image

MG - Enjoy Indonesia, wouldn't fancy running over there howeverimage

-------------

6.0 miles @ 9:08

HR was even higher than yesterdays run somehowimage Ah well, 7.5 with a 28 minute parkrun tomorrow, and then I think I'll rest up on Sunday for the nightmare ahead.

I just got a text from my brother, and he seems adamant he can't get his rucksack weight under 22kgimage He's not even carrying a tent either! Looks like I'm carrying a third of my bodyweight on my back for 11 days...

• Hi everyone. it's the weekend image

I might be heading up to cornwall this weekend but still need to get a long slow 10m run in. Any tips on where to run around cornwall? Ive only ever been there once - it was well before i entered the running world and the only excercise i had while there was eating pasties and people watching!

• lap of Loch Coruisk on Skye yesterday. Being rather short on time for last return boat was a greater motivator than any wished for finishing time. Still 10 minutes late and got a bollocking from skipper but at least he waited - an overnight with the midges for company would not have been good.
  • SM6 even with tent we used to try to get pack weight under 28lb and that was before modern light weight gear. He will suffer with 22kg. when do you set off?
  • Channon - Good luck getting the 10 miles in, Pasty eating and people watching sounds a good alternative though image

OH - Modern gear or not, 5 days worth of food (or more, not sure how much food he has packed) and a days water isn't going to be lightimage. Going upto FW tomorrow, starting walking Monday. We can't really be sure how well supplied any shops that me might come across are going to be so are obviously packing to be safe. There seems to be a decent shop in Kinlochewe, but thats 110 miles away and at best we won't get there til Friday.

--------

6.0 miles with 26:35 parkrun. 

Shouldn't have ran this morning, feel dreadful. Not sure if thats due to the heavy cold, hangover and lack of sleep. Or combination of all 3. Resting HR was 40!!!image beats higher than normal...

22.1 miles for the week, 111.3 for the month. Next run will be in 2 weeks, take care guysimage

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM hope you get out for a run this weekend

Stuart the high RHR would be the cold.  Take care mate, good luck on the monster hike !image

OH nice running around the loch - good job the skipper waited !

Channon enjoy the weekend - I always do an out-and-back when running in unfamiliar territory (terrible sense of direction)image

---

9m easy this morning - 3 on my own then 6 through the woods with the club.  I need to re-start the press-up challenge as I've not done any for 3 weeks...

• Hi sorry to been AWOL for a week or so, but not been too well and rather than post my woes, I keep quiet..ah brave little soldier..image hate running in the heat and over done it I think , went down with tummy bug and took a few days off...

back on it with a recovery run yesterday and some hill work today, its a bit cooler now too, I do love the summer and light evenings and early mornings but really struggle to run in temps over 22-23 and just end up drained I guess on top of less sleep than most it takes its toll..

will have a good read bak later just getting ready for work

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

NN,

Lack of sleep is definitely a factor, particularly with how warm it is at the mo.

Tek,

Not been out this afternoon, however do have the 2nd coat on the bathroom so should hopefully get the glossing done and a run of some sorts tomorrow.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.  It's really humid here with not much in the way of rain to cool things down.

• Very hot at the 10 mile race this morning, kinda made worse by walking round the farm/village showground bit for 3 or 4 hour afterwards!

I had two main goals in the race, a PB (1:23:48) and secondly, to beat 1:20:00 which is roughly what I did at the 10 mile mark of my half marathon PB in April. The PB was in similar heat, but also with hills, the 80 minute target was set in 8 degree coolness and on a similarly flat course.

First few miles were steady and better than target, 7:38, 7:41, 7:43, 7:44 but from then it fell apart a bit and I had to push much harder, clocking 7.. 52, 48, 54, 58 and the last two miles dropped to 8:04 and 8:07. Finishing time 1:18:28 by their clock. Mostly happy with the steady splits, though more work to do!

Hope to get out for a recovery LSR tomorrow, though I may well skip a day and rest. 5k race on Wednesday!

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Good running as ever on the busiest thread out there!!!image

OH- i hope you tipped the skipper! image

tek- yep, still grain free hereimage

AGF- hope the TR is going well. Thought very briefly about a solo effortimage

nothing much to report here- training all ok, 8m including sub 20 trail parkrun this morning and 5.7m recovery pm. Marshalling duties at Tenby 10k tomorrowimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

IJ- well done on the PBimage

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

IJ and Teknik well done on the PB's some great running going on in the heat, NN sorry to hear you have been unwell. Jason mega miles as always. Have not stopped round at the other house which is keeping me more than occupied don't know how I fitted work in before, as for the running I've been keeping it short and fast with interval sessions and tempo sessions. Yesterdays Parkrun was another improvement on time even if only a little 18:49 4th overall and 1st age group. Picked up my team pack and tops for the games, going to run the cross country course today and will go to the track on Monday and Tuesday. If anyone is interested there are over 60 countries taking part and you can find out more from the WPFG 2013 website. Enjoy the rest of the weekend peepsimage