Comments

• OH good running and padling earlier

HM glad to see you made it out

Tek well done on the recovery six

SM6 nice steady run earlier on,

Channon chin up it will come image

Jason great mileage again !

Stewart well done on mileage for the week

9 m earlier at 8.24 average, put on HR monitor for the first time , av was 147

Legs felt good but feel a bit tired now.
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Stewart a nice week's running again, you must be due a recovery week! image

Jason a great time especially given all the factors, pleased to hear the glute niggle has cleared up.

YC congratulations and great that the racing mojo is back! image

Teknik sounds like the legs needed the recovery run. You have been putting in a lot of miles.

Stuart nice juggling of the runs to get the mileage in.

OH great that you have not needed painkillers for a while! image

MG1 well done getting the 9m done, looks like a low HR?

8 miles easy for me tonight, a good run and lots of nice friendly dogs out. image

F

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

• sounds like some amazing running going on; well done guys! your reports and efforts mentioned here are a great inspiration to get me through this high-mileage season. Thanks!

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Jason, so close to a PB, good news the glute is behaving

OH, well done with the run and swim, good news re the chest image

Tek, hope the legs have recovered

SM, good mileage of five runs a week, I'm sure you'll do really well with the half

MG, nice run, got to be happy that the legs felt good

Fiona, This week will be a cutback week with the Nairn Half on Saturday, nice 8 miler, the dogs are ok as long as they don't jump up on you!

---------------------------------------

Took a rest day yesterday, mainly because I was engrossed with the cricket on the telly and had a CBA attack, so feeling a little guilty I went out this morning before work for a 4 mile recovery run, JS tonight so could be anything up to 7

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH well done on the 10m plus kayaking

Stuart nice 4.6m. 40 mpw sounds like a good number for a successful halfimage

MG impressive pace on that 9m so soon after getting off the plane !image

Fiona nice fun 8m last nightimage

HM thanks

IJ keep plugging in the miles!

Stewart well done for getting in the early 4m and enjoy the double with JS tonightimage

---

14m MLR for me this morning.  Ran to the club, dragged everyone round the park for an hour, then ran home.  Avg.HR 70%max (with a few bad blips on some hills) and 8:42mm paceimage

• Tek - Another great run today, some mighty mileage you've put in recently!

Stewart - Well done on the early 4, and enjoy JS later.

Fiona - Good work on last nights easy 8 miles

MG - Good pace for the 9 miler and a decent low HR too.

--------------

6.2 miles @ 9:21 for me tonight.

Legs feel pretty heavy now after 7 running days in a row. Rest day tomorrow I think, then MLR on Thursday.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Tek- no stopping you! Great running,mate image

Stewart- glad you got out thereimage

MG1 and Fi- good runningimage

good day here- 5.7m recovery this morning then 20x 400 at 10k race pace with 100m jog recoveries this afternoon- 10k in 37.50 and a mile warm up and a mile warm down image

• Fiona nice run last night, glad you have a few nice dogs around, when i went put on sunday along the canal it Staff Bull terrier central - welcome home image

Stewart well done on getting out, not surprised you didnt move from the cricket image

SM6 nice little 6.2 earlier, you must need a rest after 7 days running

Jason as ever great running in the two runs

6.3 m tonight @ 8.36 felt a little weary more from a bit jet lag i think,

put HR monitor last night for the first time for a while, not really up on whether that was a fairly HR or not?? will wear it on sat for my long run and see what that shows.
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart good 6.2m, enjoy the rest day tomorrowimage

Jason thanks - awesome set of 400s !image

MG another pacey run, well done.  I didn't comment yesterday on your HR post, as to judge whether your HR is "right" we need to know your maxHR - it's the % of max, not the absolute, that matters.  Last night's 147 was great if your max is 200+, too high if it's 180.  Moreover your max is unlikely to be 220-Age - you need to do a proper test.   I have to say, this close to Jersey, this might be opening up a can of worms, so maybe wait until after then, and do the whole HR thing properly?image

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Fiona great long run 17 miles and a nice easy run today milage building well againimage

NN nice running image

YC Congratulations image

Teknik nice couple of days running.image

OH nice running and paddlingimage

MG1 Nice running image

SC hope your run went well tonight.

SM6 nice weeks running enjoy your rest day.image

Jason thats a super days training mateimage

Nice steady 6 miles for me this morning but cant for some reason get it onto Fetch....

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Stewart make the most of the easy week, don't feel guilty! image What did you do tonight?

Teknik, nice MLR, how are the legs feeling today?

Stuart well done. Will be good for the legs to get a rest. image

MG1 last night was a beagle puppy which wanted to follow me and two very happy black labs. image  This morning another two black labs - old boys, nice and calm.

Jason amazing pace! image I did 12 400's tonight but with recoveries (60s from last runner in so probably 70s on average) all pretty much 90s each but felt like I could do more. Some of the girls flying but my legs just don't go that fast. image Happy enough though as felt easier than last week's 10 which were slower. image

F

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

NP good to see you are running, I did wonder when nothing on Fetch! image

F

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP nice running - I think the server overloaded last nightimage

Fiona great set of consistent intervals, nice improvement.  My legs were (past tense) ok...

---

MaraHR run for me this morning.  1m warm up then 9m running with a ceiling of 83%max. The intention is to keep the splits fairly even but to ensure the HR levels out and doesn't drift in the last few miles. (No rise in HR means no excess lactate.) Came out as 7:52mm, but the HR jumped up at mile 9, so still plenty of work to do here. Ten and a half weeks to go...image

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Tek, awesome running again, so my understanding is that you would be looking for no drift at all for the first 10 miles for the same pace, do you tend to do these runs on a relatively flat routes?

SM, enjoy your rest day today you deserve it

Jason, another great interval session

MG, finding out your max HR is fun image a good run yesterday on tired legs hope you're feeling refreshed today

NP,  I got my run up on fetch this morning, nice running as per usual

Fiona, Good to see you last night, looks like you're enjoying the speed sessions with the harriers,

----------------------------------------

just a little over 5 miles with JS last night another easy run, planning doing a MP test tonight, run easy on Thursday with JS and rest day Friday before th HM on Saturday

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart nice double, and good luck with the MP run tonight.  I live in Essex, so compared to most on here, it's all pretty flat - today's run was 112m of ascent.

Here's the stats:  83% is 175 for me, and it took 4 miles to get there, then I held it with no drift until mile 9 when it started to drift away, forcing me to slow down.  Not a disaster as it was a one mile hill...

1) 1m - 7:46(7:46/m) 157 bpm
    2) 1m - 7:53(7:53/m) 166 bpm
    3) 1m - 7:44(7:44/m) 172 bpm
    4) 1m - 7:53(7:53/m) 174 bpm
    5) 1m - 7:55(7:55/m) 174 bpm
    6) 1m - 7:38(7:38/m) 176 bpm
    7) 1m - 7:55(7:55/m) 175 bpm
    8) 1m - 7:40(7:40/m) 173 bpm
    9) 1m - 8:23(8:23/m) 177 bpm

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Upcoming Races:

15/08/13 Exeter 10k Night Nurse

Good luck tomorrow NN !image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

That looks impressive.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.  I've decided to concentrate on getting the decorating done & only have the weekend's free at the mo so I know my running is going to suffer, however if I can get out for a run that's going to be a bonus.

• Have entered Kirkwall HM on Saturday but not going to push it

Which HM are you doing StewartC?

Run well tomorrow NN

Don't aways welcome dogs when running, especially unsupervised dogs at farms. I feel quite exposed in shorts. OK with dogs most other times, thoughimage

Good training MG1 and Tek

• 3.1 slow miles (31 minutes) and a bit of throwing kettlebells about for me today. Not quite a rest day, but legs feel a bit more lively than they did last night. Hopefully legs will be good for 10 tomorrow.

• Tek thanks for the advice, i think your right best not open that can of worms just now, would be intersting though to see what it is.... But will concentrate on some solid training for the next 6 weeks

Nice running as well earlier.

Stewart C nice easy 5 earlier

SM6 good work on kettle bells, they certainly are hard work

4 mile tempo @ 7.29 7.06 7.10 6.56 , happy with that speed this week, didnt exactly enjoy it though! Hard work image
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Nice MP run Teknik.

Stewart I hope the MP test goes well. Did you hear that Jamie Bowie of the Harriers is in the men's 4 * 400 tomorrow in the World Champs?(3rd leg)

Hope the rib is fine for the half at the weekend OH.

Stuart nice cross training.

MG1 well done on the tempo - always a good session to have done! image

8 miles easy for me tonight. A very mild night but getting noticeably darker every night. image

F

• Aye, the night's are fair comin' in

Thanks FionaC

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Tek, thanks for the info, so the fitter you get the less drift there is at a given HR, I suspect the 10 mile MP runs are key to gaining that fitness over time

NN, good luck with the 10k today image

OH, I'm doing Nairn HM on Saturday, good luck with Kirkwall HM

SM, good news that the legs are feeling better, enjoy your 10 mile run today

MG, well done with the speedwork and a fast last mile too

Fiona, I seen it on the harriers website the other day, it is going to be a great day for the lad and the club, nice 8 mile run last night soon be time to put on the hi-viz gear image

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just over 11 miles for me last night, with a 1 mile warm up then 10 @ MP, found it difficult to hit the pace tonight it took quite a few miles until I did, but I'm happy overall with the run and the HR was fairly steady throughout, only jumping a few beats in the last mile or so.

Stats: 10.03mi, 1:32:13, 9:12mm, avgHR 153(80%)

1) 1m - 9:17(9:17/m) 143l
    2) 1m - 9:13(9:13/m) 151
    3) 1m - 9:15(9:15/m) 152
    4) 1m - 9:15(9:15/m) 154
    5) 1m - 9:09(9:09/m) 155
    6) 1m - 9:02(9:02/m) 155
    7) 1m - 9:07(9:07/m) 157
    8) 1m - 9:12(9:12/m) 157
    9) 1m - 9:18(9:18/m) 158
    10) 1m - 9:09(9:09/m) 159

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM thanks.  Good luck with the decorating !

OH I feel the same about dogs when runningimage

Stuart nice recovery and kettlebellingimage.  Hope the 10 goes ok.

MG good tempo last night - hard work !

Fiona nice easy 8mimage

Stewart yes I agree (although Hadd insists the 75% and 70% runs are just as important).  Great 10m MP run last night - fairly flat and you didn't break 83% so I'd count that as a "win". image  Looking good...

---

14.39m MLR this morning - 6m on my own, 5m with the club then 3.39m run home - all easy pace, but with a few HR spikes chasing someone uphill.image

• Tuesday - club efforts (6.3 miles, as 1.5 out, 3 laps of 2 x 1/4 mile or so fast with 1/4 mile or so recovery, 1.5 back. Fast was aiming for 6.30 pace)

Wednesday - 8.4 miles steady round town finishing at the running shop. Nearly two hours stopped for a talk on running form, and a sneeky powerade and snickers from Tesco, then 4.3 steady back to the car, including half a mile trying midfoot running (in the talk we did a minute each on the treadmill, videoed. It showed my heal strike is pretty hard!). while doing midfoot I sped from 9:10 pace to about 7:20 pace! not quite right for the last mile of 12.7!

About 10 tonight, then 6 tomorrow, though might do 13 again today, rest tomorrow and then a parkrun. Long on Sunday, 20ish.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

IJ good training - not sure about the 7:20 finish to Wednesday's medium run, though !image

Good luck tonight NNimage

• IJ - Well done on the 13, although like Tek I wouldn't much fancy a 7:20 last mile...

Tek - Another great run today!

Stewart - Nice work on the MP run, that's actually pretty similar in terms of pace and HR% to my run tonight...

Fiona - Another nice easy 8 there Fiona. I know what you mean about it getting darker, all of a sudden it's really dark when I go out to work at half past 9. 

MG - Nice tempo running. The first mile looks a bit out of place thoughimage

----------------

10.5 miles @9.08 ave. 160 aveHR (80%)

Uneventful.

Signed up for the Linlithgow 10 on Sept 29, probably not wise running a 10k and half back to back weekends. But I done it in March and PB'd in both. Won't PB in the 10k this time, that's for sure...

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Thanks.

----------

Well done on everyone's training. 

Found out that the 10k which is usually the club championships isn't going to be run again due to safety concerns about the course.  I've been looking back at my training comparing this year against the year after I did my marathon and found that year the training was all over the place however this year I've done more miles so far than I did in 2008 so I think I'm going to keep running to how I feel rather than a plan because it seems to be working and hopefully bounce back next year.  I guess it's my body's way of letting me I'm not built for distance as the 2 off road half's last year were quite tough.

• 7.2 with JS group tonight, pretty wet but warm wet.

All the best for tomorrow StewartC
    Hope 10k went well this evening NN
    SM6 Last year, I did 2HMs and a 12miler over 3 consecutive weekends - allowing for the course differences - I actually improved thoughout the mini series
    There's actually 3 local races this weekend (5k fun, 10k and HM) - so much for local sports coordination (I've just entered the half)

Tek you're putting in some steady miles with these long runsimage