2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• NP, good run yesterday hope you managed to get the 10 done today, what gains to you get from running doubles apart from more miles in the bank, 

OH, well done with the run yesterday can't believe you were open swimming yesterday you are definitely made from hard stuff

SM, hopefully the cut will heal quickly, you're racking up the miles now, 

Tek, good long run today good that the hr was ok the pace will improve as the campaign goes on great totals for the week too

HM well done to the both of you good to see you out running, good news that the hip is holding up

-------------------------------

16 miles LSR today with 7@mp broke the mp miles up into 4&3 respectively a tough run given the lack of miles and the wind made it interesting, the foot was ok the last mile or two it started to gripe hence only 7 and not 8 @ mp 

• Well done on the long run Stewart and great that the massage sorted things out. Hope the foot settles. Nice long runs too Teknik and MG1. Nice to see the miles increasing. 

Great that you got out HM4.

Weather here not great at the moment OH, hopefully it's not too stormy up in Orkney. Apart from the swim the party sounds fun.

NP sounds like you are in for a fun Christmas day! Great to see you building the miles again.

Nice PB IJ.

Ran down to meet the girls yesterday and did 9m with them then ran home - 19m in total and it didn't feel like it. Walked up the hill near the end as the calf felt tired and I didn't want to push it but all ok. 6m easy today although it feels like it's blowing a gale here permanently. Late nights Friday and Saturday made today's run feel tougher than yesterday. The VLM plan officially starts tomorrow! image

F

• Fiona, great long run yesterday and probably a wise decision walking up the hill no point risking a relapse, tough conditions today my second easy stint was into the wind along the riverside and boy it didn't feel easy! good to see that the plan starts tomorrow, would love to hear more about it image

----------------------

forgot my totals for the week 46mi, @9:57 149(78%)

• LSR today became a mere MSR - 10.6 miles, and a tad slower than marathon pace. I ran with three clubmates which made it much more enjoyable!

• IJ - 10.6 is better than nothing, well done!

Stewart - Well done on the long run, sounds a good idea to have broken the MP section to save the foot. Good total for a week coming off injuryimage

Fiona - Well done on the long run. Good luck with the start of the VLM planimage

HM - Nice runningimage

Tek - Good long run, and another good week of running!image

---------------

Out at 5am (my sleeping pattern is shot to pieces)for 17.0 miles @ 9:57

This was horrible, only positive is I done the distance I planned to do. Couldn't land properly on my right foot for the last mile, so had the planned distance been more than 17 I'd have just given up at 16. Really struggled with the last 2 LSRs, after having no problems with the first 2.

Might be due to running with no water/fuel, though even on my relatively painless 19 my total fuelling was one boiled sweetie after 2 hours. Don't think I had anything on my first 17 either.

50.0 for the weekimage And 1600 up for the yearimage One more hard week (5 runs,57 miles), then a rest coming up.

• NP well done , see you now getting back into the swing of things image

OH great swim and running image

IJ well done on the 10 all helps.

Tek nice LR and totals for the week.

Fiona another nice LR image

Stewart same for you on the LR front image

HM good news on that hip image

SM6 great effort on the 17 to keep going image and nice weeks work!

Now finished work until the 2nd but still up nice and early for 10 m this morning in yet more windy conditions but at least the rain wasnt too bad, nice run @ 8.14 av with the last 5 @ 7.43 , happy with that bit of pace right now.
  • Hello Everyone.

just a quick post to wish you all a very happy Christmas. Enjoy yourselves.

(have been viewing and seeing some very good running going on!! )

all good here.... Cheers, AGF

• IJ, still a decent run well done

SM, must have been tough running with a blister/cut on your foot, well done gritting it out, I haven't done big miles yet but I will carry some water on my long runs going forward and will pack a few jelly babies just in case

MG, a strong a finish to your 10 mile run earlier, will be nice to get some daylight running done over the holidays

AGF, hi and I hope you have a cracking christmas too, I see you're ahead of me in the league again

---------------------------------

9 mile GA run tonight, took advantage of the lull in the weather nice not to be running into a gale 

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH thanks

HM well done on the run - glad the hip is ok

Stewart well done on that LR - those early P&D runs with some MP are toughies.  Nice week's total tooimage.  Nice general 9 miler tonight...

Fiona super long run and nice easy 6m yesterdayimage

IJ nice 10.6m

Stuart well done for slogging out the 17m.  I always fuel up on long runs - just diluted apple juice but without it I'd flag, I think. Hope the foot is ok today.  Well done on the week and year's total.image

MG good pacey 10 miler

AGF enjoy your Christmas tooimage

---

Blowing a gale here so I retreated to the treddie: 0.5m w/up then 3m at 7:30mm, HR surprisingly unelevated despite pressing the wrong button (should have been 8 mm not 8 mph)image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

---------

It's unseasonably mild.  Getting in the car (8pm) to come home the temperature was 10c!  Also chucking it down with rain.

• Just 3 miles this morning but 2C and a stiff breeze.

then more Christmas preparations ...

17 miles starting at 5am is impressive SM6! But water and fuel would be a good idea.

good 10.6 IJ

A good windy 10 under the belt MG1

Good to get the lull in the weather Stewart, wind supposed to be getting silly for us again on Christmas Eve

• OH, nice little run, yeah so posed to be very windy tomorrow, I am looking forward to my 11 mile MLR in the morning image

• no run today and with squalling wind, near freezing temps and cheesecake at home, I'm kinda glad I stayed in! quick trip to see a running buddy in hospital (his day was slightly ruined by an exploding appendix!) and I nearly fainted myself! I hate hospitals!!!

Long hill run tomorrow, maybe a beer in the evening!

Happy Christmas Eve, folks! remember, the priest's not keen at running shorts for Midnight Mass, so put your smart suits on!

• Sounded like a good run yesterday IJ.

Stuart it's tough running so far unfuelled.

MG1 impressive getting an early run done in the hols.

Smart move on the TM run Teknik, running into the wind is soul destroying.

Stewart I found it really icy when I went out after 8pm. Just give me a shout if you want to talk running plans over the hols, I'm off until 3rd! image 

OH hope it's not too wild up there.

5 miles steady for me tonight. Missed the first run of the plan - an early 4m - as up to Caithness at 7am. Lots of time to run over then next week and a bit. image

F

• Fiona well done on your 5 , sure you will be banging in the miles over the next few days.

OH sounds tough for you yesterday.

Stewart nice work on the 9.

Tek sounds a good decision on the treadie but its still a last resort for me .

5.5 m easy done this morning with the wind a little calmer, nice xmas morning run to do tomorrow image
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH nice 3 miles in the cold wind

Stewart hope the MLR went ok

IJ best wishes to your buddy and I hope the long run went well today

Fiona nice steady 5 last night

MG well done on the easy 5.5m.

---

I attempted to run with the club this morning, but there were trees across the road to the park, and after several diversions I gave up.  5m on the road, easy HR (73%max), happy to get under 9mm for the first time this campaign.  image

• Tek - Good running today, even if it's not what you planned. Good short treddy run yesterday too.

MG - Well done on getting out this morning. It's starting to get a bit wild here. Good 10 yesterday, is 7:43 roughly the MP target for Stockholm?

Fiona - Missing the 1st run of the plan? You're as well just giving up nowimage Well done on the steady 5.

Stewart - Nice 9 miles last night

--------------------

40x25m swim this morning, wasn't risking running today. I'll try to squeeze in a run tomorrow at some point.

Hope everyone has a good Xmasimage

• Happy Christmas everyoneimageimageimage

Fiona well done on your long run great miles already for this campaignimage

Teknik nice running and HRimage

SM6 Great swimming, I have missed getting into the pool, well done with the running as well.

OH nice running and swimming your a star getting in to the sea this time of year.

MG nice running, when is Stockholm?

SC nice 11 miles in the bank.

IJ sorry to hear your mates in hospital enjoy your run later.

Well first double day today 4 miles done this morning (running into the brick wall/wind) will get out later for another 4. Joined the gym from 2nd Jan and paid for two races, 1st Jan race over the Glens, 2nd race on the 18th 10k forest race. These will show how unfit I am as compared to last yearimage but on wards and upwards.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

-----------

Happy Christmas.

• Tek well done earlier, progress being made image

SM6 good effort on the swimming, right now 7.43 ish is approx what I am looking to do in Stockholm but have to get some good quality miles in to achieve that

NP looks like you are already settling back into things nicely, Stockholm is the 30th May so some time away yet.

Happy to Xmas to all on here, hope you all have a nice day, Mrs G Is working all day tomorrow so will be out for a 13-15 m run in the morningimage
  • Fiona, hope the trip up North wasn't too bad the weather is terrible, well done with the 5 miles

Tek, good to see things improving, it is grim out

MG well done with the run enjoy your Christmas Day run

SM, sounds like a wise choice good swimming

---------------------------------

Braved the elements felt like I was running on the spot sometimes so I decided to take it off road and run up to the mast it turned out to be very muddy in places and I lost my shoes once or twice . I didn't do the 11 and cut it back to 9 miles

• Well done getting out today everyone. I gave it a miss, shattered by the time I finished work and fell asleep! image Will be out tomorrow.

MG1 sounds like you had decent weather for a run.

Teknik great to se things going in the right direction with the HR/pace.

Stuart I'd have been thinking just that a few years ago - much more chilled now!! image I hope the weather improves with you tomorrow.

NP great to see you doing doubles again - how's the hip?

Stewart very brave of you to be running up to the mast in this! It is just horrid!

Have a great Xmas Eve everyone image Hope the weather is better for our Xmas morning runs.

F

• MG1 Enjoy the run tomorrow.

SC well done with your run.

Fiona you must of needed the rest your body telling you take a day off, we are not allowed to mention the hip......

Second 4 mile run done and dusted like running into a wall until the turn round, out tomorrow for a hilly 7image

Happy Christmas and all the very best, hope you all have a good one.image.

• Fiona, horrid is a nice way of describing the conditions, rest day for me tomorrow no chance I'll be allowed to run, not that I'm complaining too much the body could do with a little R&R

NP, nice double today, I had to laugh at what it must have looked like when I was out today I am sure I was actually running on the spot sometimes image, enjoy your hilly 7 tomorrow

Merry Christmas everybody image

• 6.3 miles rolling hills - a sort of club run, as 7 of us ran from the closed car park!

next run probably Saturday...

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS xxx image

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart good swim session

NP great to hear you're back on the doubles

HM thanks

MG hope you enjoy the MLR todayimage

Fiona hope the day off has done some good

Stewart that was some run yesterday!!

IJ well done on the 6.3m yesterday

---

0.5m w/up then 3.5m of 200/200 intervals at 6:27/8:49mm.

Happy holidays everyoneimage

• Tek - Nice Xmas intervals image

IJ - Nice run yesterday, enjoy the rest days!image

Stewart - That looked a bloody tough run yesterday, well done!image

NP - Nice double, hope todays run went/goes well!image

MG - Good luck with the MLR today, really racking up the miles this week!image

Fiona - Hopefully the rest does the trick!image

---------------

Really enjoyable 5 miles this morning for me. Time to stuff my face nowimage

Hope everyone has a good dayimage

• Tek well done on the intervals image

SM nice 5, enjoy the merriment image

Enjoyable 14 m @ 8.30 this morning, best conditions for while but still a bit breezy! Lunch should taste even better now .

Hope you guys have a great dayimageimage
  • Merry Christmas everyone! imageimage

Nice early long run MG1. Good that conditions were favourable apart from the wind.

Well done doing Xmas intervals Teknik!

Stuart enjoy the reward for running! image 

An easy 4m for me, still blowing a gale but nice being out as the sun was shining when it stopped raining. Plan another one later once I have finished making dessert. image Feel much better for the rest.

F

• Happy Christmas everyoneimageimageimage Hope Santa was good to youimage

Nice running Fiona enjoy your double day and dessertimage

MG1 nice 14 miles image

SM6 Nice 5 milesimage

Teknik great interval sessionimage

IJ nice hilly runimage

Got out for my hilly 7 miles still windy but like you said Fiona it was also sunnyimage Now for the turkeyimage