Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    OH getting. Bad again here image cold and wet.
  • Options
    SM6 good run tonight

NP another quality day from you , super effort

Tek well done on the easy hope the batteries are recharged.

Did a nice 30 mims treadmill run followed by a hard gym cardio and core session with the trainer, now looking forward to my long run on Saturday morning
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Did wk 2 day 2 this morning, which was 5 press ups 90 sec recovery, 6 with 90 sec recovery, 4 with 90 sec recovery, 4 with 90 sec recovery then the max I could do which had to be at least 7 & did 10.  So a total of 29 press ups.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭
    NP, nice double today and a speedy tempo run, I do agree the LT sessions are hard but I do enjoy them,

SM6, great run tonight, quick too

OH, good luck for the race at the weekend

MG1, good running and cross training a good days training

HM, good work with those press ups

Tonight's JS run was 6 miles at a comfortable pace with some hills in it, 10:30mm and I felt good all the way round, rest day tomorrow so a little gym work followed by body balance.
  • Options

Mmm image
    gale foce easterly winds was not what I had in mind for and overnight boat trip to Aberdeenimage

• Options

Feeling alot better and managed to get out for a 7 miler last night at just over 8.30s..heart rate fine and legs ok, so picking the schedule up again properly sometime over the weekend, between babysitting and working !!

OH oh how exciting someone off the thread doing a marathon this weekend, cant wait to see how you do, what time are you hoping for ? hope the weather improves for you, a bit of rain is ok even a chill, but you could do without the winds

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

mace - tap, tap, tap...numbers?

NP nice double yesterday

Stuart sorry to hear the LSR went badly...well done on the 10 miler

OH glad the foot's no worse.  Enjoy the boat trip!!

MG well done on the treddie and gym work - good luck on the LR tomorrow

Stewart well done on the JS run and enjoy the cross training

HM it's amazing how quickly those sets build up over the weeks - well doneimage

NN glad you're up and out there - nice 7 miles

----

Enjoying a cut-back week...massage and 90 minutes hot yoga with ten sweaty women, then a 3 mile recovery waddle.  image

• Options
    Oh.... Hope the trip and marathon goes well. Good luck.

Tek/NP/HM4/Stuart/MG, well done with your yoga/press ups runs etc

NN, glad you back at it.

This weekend I will be mainly tipsy in the big smoke of londoniumimage legs feel a little better but not sorted . Hoping to run Monday.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Racers this weekend

10/03/13 Loch Katrine                   OH

10/03/13 Lydd HM                         Mace

10/03/13 Cambridge HM                sevendaughters

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF enjoy the boozy weekendimage

• Options

Thanks for all the well wishes. Near freezing temps and possibility of snow might make this more of a survival course!

• Options

OH - Good luck on Sunday! Rather you than me in this weather!image

AGF - Sounds like a good weekendimage Enjoy!

Tek - Good training

NN - Nice running!

Stewart - Good run last night

MG - Sounds like a good session at the gym

HM - Well done

--------------

About 1000m swimming for me this afternoon, plus 5 or whatever miles on the bike to/from the gym. I think I swam 40 lengths but I did lose count at one pointimage

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Stewart - ah, gotcha !!

HM4 - keep going with the pressups, you'll be surprised how quickly you improve.

AGF - enjoy the booze, i've been off it since New Year image .. miracle !!!

Nice x-training Stuart

NP - hope the parkrun goes well

MG - is there such a thing as a "nice" treadmill run image ... *shudders*

Nurse - glad you're picking up

Tek - enjoy the "rest" .... stats for my run are below, sorry for delay sir imageimage

Good luck to OH and sevendaughters for their races

Tek .... there's a few sharp ups and downs in this route and some hills, hence the pacing variation but i tried to run on feel. As i said previously the last mile is uphill

1     67%      8:38

2     70%      8:16

3     72%      8:27

4     73%      8:16

5     73%      8:27

6     74%      8:18

7     73%      8:05

8     75%      8:24

9     75%      7:57

10    74%     8:02

11    75%     8:30

12    74%     8:00  

13    74%     7:55  

14    76%     7:59

15    78%     8:16   

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done on everyones training.

--------

Thanks for your comments.  I'm still doing press ups on my knees.  Once I get to the end of the challenge I'll try full press ups.  At the end of this 2nd week they do an exhaustion test - as many 'good form' press ups as you can manage.  The first one I did was only 5.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

6.5m recovery this morning, 10m with 6m LT intervals tonight in 1.05, followed by 1m warm down. Catch up tomorrow cos I'm off to bed- know it's ridiculously early, but I'm knackered for some reason- night allimage

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

I know how you feel jason, fell asleep not long after corrie started last night, woke at 10, straight to bed and didn't surface until 7am

5M recovery this morning - better half dropped mace jr #2 at the 3M mark and he did the last couple with me which was really nice

Have good weekends all

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH good luck tomorrow.  Go faster, then you won't freezeimage

Stuart good swim and bike session

HM keep up the good work - I normally flake at about week 4

Mace - ignoring the last mile uphill, the drift looks like it's well under control. Enjoy the Lydd half tomorrowimage

jason nice double - hope you feel better/rested today

---

Having cancelled the long run Thursday I had to get it in today - so 2 laps of a 7m hilly course then 6m with the club. Another 20 miler baggedimage.  Will take it easy in tomorrow's club race.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

NN Well done with your run yesterdayimage looks like your on your way backimage.

Teknik hot yoga with sweaty womenimage and great running well done on the 20 banked.

OH Good luck if the weather stays the same you will be fine looking forward to the race report.

SM6 well done with the swimming and bike work yesterday.

Mace well done on the 15 mile run nice stats for Teknik to look atimage

Jason well done on a great double yesterday hope you slept well.

Well yesterday was a swim 1 mile (64x25m) front crawl and 4 miles easy/recovery, this morning just over 2 miles warm up then the Park run followed by a cool down. The Parkrun went ok a little on the windy side and sliped twice and nearly fell over during the second mile but very happy with 3rd and 1st in age group and only 2 seconds outside my PB Not bad to finish off another 80 mile weekimage.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Yawn! Morning!

Tek- nice 20 again

Mace- nice run too

NP- nice swimming/ swimming/ sliding image Well done on the PR

I ran our last but one trial parkrun today before it goes live in 2 weeks time. Ran tempo effort for 20.08 which I was happy enough with after yesterday's tempo track sesion and also as it is an undulating trail run Back for more later, before 24 tomorrow
  • Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Mace, good luck tommorow, not that you'll need it 

Tek, Another good 20 in the bank well done

NP, awesome mileage for the week and some good running and swimming over the last couple of days, might have been a PB if it wasn't for the slip

Jason, Good double yesterday and parkrun today, good luck with the 24 tomorrow

OH, sevendaughters, good luck tomorrow and I hope it warms up a little

Normally I do my long runs on a Sunday, but as the cricket season is almost upon us indoor training starts tomorrow, so I had to move the LSR.

A hilly 20 miles with a mixture of forest trails and road, with the last mile and a half up hill, I believe most could have walked up the hill quicker, but I did it and beat the stop daemon on my shoulder

edit: link for run http://connect.garmin.com/activity/282078850

• Options
    Tek good 20 into the running bank

Jason good this morning hope the run later goes,well

Mace nice recovery work

NP well done on the park run

20 miles this morning, not bad conditions for a change

2.53.54 - 9.00 8.32 8.40 8.37 8.45 8.50 8.21 9.11 8.07 9.05 9.01 8.46 8.52 9.00 8.53 8.49 8.54 8.43 8.29 7.58 at av 8.44

Fairly happy with that 5 weeks out
  • Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

MG1 nice 20, nice even pace and Teknik well done and hope the club race goes well tomorrow. Stewart also good to get the 20 bagged, well done not stopping on the hill.

jason nice trial parkrun and NP great parkrun result and another strong week of training! image

mace know the feeling, I was pretty exhausted after being away and bailed on the planned 20 today. Did 8 easy and hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

HM4 well done on all of the press ups you are doing.

NN good to see you back! image

AGF have fun in London. Looking forward to being there in 6 weeks. image

Stuart that's lots of swimming and good cross training!

OH good luck! A freezing wind here, hope it's better at Loch Katrine.

Did get out on Thursday night for a fast run offroad, felt a lot faster than the 7:36mm the Garmin said but only had an hour and fifteen minutes between the end of the conference and start of dinner (started with a photo so had to look half decent!!)

F

• Options

MG/Stewart/Tek - Nice long runs, hope the weather is a bit less wild where you guys are. I'm hoping the wind dies down for my LSR tomorrow or Monday.

NP - Well done on the parkrunimage

Jason - Nice tempo, good luck for the 24 tomorrow.

Mace - Thats a nice 15, good pace and HR.

--------------

Had planned for 10ish+gym today, hangover has decided otherwiseimage I'll get out later on as I do need to run today, probably 6 miles. Might even go for a swim about 9.

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Good luck for everyone racing tomorrow.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MG1- Well done on the 20image

Stewart- You too! Another 20 in the bag for the threadimage Sounds like a toughie too!image

SM6- Hope the hangover has faded nowimage

Second run of the day done and dusted, kept it nice and easy with one eye on tomorrow's 24image 10.01m in 1.13.46 (7.22 av)

• Options

Nice run Jason. 

Hangover has gone and I managed to get out the door for 6.14 miles @ 8.38. Faster than I planned to run but still felt very easy. Probably should have just done 10.

LSR&MLR over the next 2 days, probably MLR tomorrow but I'll see how I feel.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Jason another great double day yesterday enjoy the 24 today.

SC well done with the long run and another 20 in the bank, nice to beat the daemons image

MG1 another 20 in the bank for you and only a couple of weeks away from the start of your taper with everything looking good. image

Fiona well done with the running, hope your long run goes ok today, do we get to see the photo of you half decent?image

Hm4 you running this weekend?

Well breakfast done waiting for it to settle back to winter here with snow image so hope it's not as bad for OH as it's also windy as hell.......
  • Options

Mace /sevendaughter and OH very best of luck for you all today. Looking forward to seeing the results later.

Enjoy long runs everyone..and Jason is 24 your longest ? and how any do you do ?

MG1 lovely 20 miler in the bank nearly taper time for you then do you do your last one 3 weeks out ?

Tek and StuartC you too, nice to get another 20 in the bank

Fiona I bet you looked great in your pic all glowing a refreshed from that super run, just goes to show there is no excuse, always time to get a run done.

NP wel done again for the brilliant race and overall position.

SM6 I darent even risk a hangover these days I would have to take  a week off....nice run  at least you weren't sick, which I a sure I would have been .

I had a fairly late night out with the girls,  ..but have decided to get the long run done today (even though I have to go work this afternoon) as having seen the forecast today is just about the lesser of 2 evils schedule says 17 so will see how it goes and may do 20 

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    NN-Good luck with the LR image 24 is my longest and only got one on the schedule, although a couple of 22s and several 20s.

Best of luck to the racers- hope the weather's kind- it's blowing a gale and freezing cold here. Not looking forward to my run at all- lol! image
  • Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

A freezing day. Decided against the long run today and did 10 miles, made it a hilly part offroad one. Feeling a lot better but just got the feeling that further would do more harm than good. Pleased that I went out despite the biting wind etc

I don't think that photo will see the light of day!! image The photographer was telling me I looked too small and was there any way I could look bigger which caused great hilarity.

I hope all the long runs/races go well today.

F