Comments

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stuart & Tek,

Thanks & well done to you both.

Jason,

Well done.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Stewart- nice workimage

My 2 hour easy effort this morning saw me cover 16.2m (actually 2.00.01 = 7.24 av). 30 min recovery run laterimage

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason nice recovery last night, and great 16m easy run todayimage

Stewart sorry about the cricket; great work on the 12m mlr today

---

I had a longer night's sleep but still decided to skip the long run: I did 8m easy instead - 75%max ceiling, 8:45mm. HR still elevated but breathing much better.image

42.6m for the week, av. 74%maxHR, av. 8:44 mm.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Hi Peeps went a bit awol for a few days, a bit down in the dumps with not running and the problem with the hip. looks like a lot of you are already back into the swing of it which is great to seeimage.

After a few swims and turbo sessions the hip was still sore so I gave it three days complete rest. This morning I met up with a mate and ran 4 miles, the hip was ok but is a little sore now if it stays like this I will continue to train however I was blowing like an old man at the start and buggered by the end, funny when I look back on my training and olny two weeks ago I was 7mm in the Caymans no problems what so ever. So if I can get a solid weeks running in even if its all slow I will be happy as I'm sure the fitness will come back fast enough.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

NP- like I said earlier, don't risk making it worse! Go and get some physio and rest up until it's better. Otherwise, you could risk a LONG lay-off image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason & Tek,

Well done guys.

NP,

Take care of your hip.

----------

Hook 2.5 mile report:-

We got there in plently of time (nearly 2 hrs early).  The nearest car park is quite small so it's worth getting there at that time.  Killed time by reading a book on my phone then made our way to the start only to discover that I'd left my number in the car which Chris went back for.  The first 500m was very crowded which was a bit unusual as it's not been that bad in previous years and a watch check showed that I'd started off at about 11:15 min miles which was about were I intended to be as I wanted to have an easy start then try and run at a steady(ish) pace.  Once I'd settled into a rhythm I didn't look at my watch until the mile marker 10:25 pace.  I was secretly hoping to get round in 10:30 pace given the lack of training over the past couple of weeks while I had the lurgy.  This mile felt relatively okay so I decided to increase the pace a wee bit and did the next mile in 10:22 pace although a long and very gentle incline took it's toll as usual however the pace didn't drop too much.  Picked up the pace again for the final .5 miles and checked my watch just before the 100m marker and saw ave pace of 10:17 sprinted the last 100m which is something I've not managed to do before at this race and was really chuffed to see an overal ave pace of 10:12 (last .5 miles at 9:32 pace - not far of my 5k pace).

• just popping in to say my 10k race today went not too well; 7:40 average pace was okay (pb is 7:32 average) and it doesn't matter as the race length was reduced by a faulty swing-bridge which was meant to be used... so the race was about 8.8km (garmin said 5.48 miles) instead of 10km / 6.21 miles. Oh well. Well organised race but shockingly expensive and not value for money.

I'll aim to do a LSR tomorrow to make up for it!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Iccle Jim,

Oh dear.  Good luck for the lsr tomorrow.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Shame about the run yesterday Stewart, a nice day today after the mist cleared! Saw a few familiar faces down along the canal side and there seemed to be a Run4it event (small) at the Bught where they do the parkrun?

Nice pace for an easy effort Jason.

Teknik sounds like the right decision on the shorter run.

NP great to hear the run went ok. Lots of stretching required now! Fingers crossed that it settles down quickly. As you say you know the fitness will come back.

Great report HM4, well done.

IJ sounds like a rough deal for an expensive race!

An easy run for me this morning, 11.6 miles when it was still quite misty. Nice and sunny now. image

F

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Thanks & well done.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

IJ- well run, but I agree with your summary! Sounds shocking!image

HM4- nice report- well runimage

Fiona- nice run- could have done with some mist here too- baking hot!image Still, shouldn't complain!image

Recovery run done and dusted- 20.42m for the day and a weekly total of 80.61m in 10.14.41image Good start to the base building

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP hope the hip settles down quickly

HM well done!  It's a great feeling to finish strongly.image

IJ sorry to hear about the route problems

Fiona nice early morning 11.6m

Jason well done on the double.  Base build is going well...image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason & Tek,

Thanks & well done to you both.

• Good running folks. 

HM4 well done with the race !!

How was your marathon OH?

No running today - but the garden looks good and the red wine rack is a bottle down image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

AGFimage Just the one?

OH????????????image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Got a promotional code for Sportsshoes.com but it ends TODAY for free delivery and 10% off: code is SP413PP. Just bought 2 pairs of Saucony jazz for 70 quid image

• Just back through the door.
    No mobile or WiFi where we were staying hence AWOL image
    Pretty pleased with Saturday's run - 20 minute course best at 4h46m26 image
    Weather was pretty awful even by Orkney standards.
    Heavy rain with a lot of standing water on unmetalled road and strong northerly wind.
    Great week, more later ...

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

OH- what?? 20 min cb in crap conditions??? WOW! image

• Just the one Jason.image

congrats on the course PB Oh. Super running. well done fella.....

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

AGF- still early yet image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

AGF sounds like a good day! I spent the afternoon fighting a losing battle with my 'kitchen' garden. Fine if I want to eat dandelions and buttercups although I do have lots of rhubarb! image 

Nice second run Jason, the miles are building up.

OH well done!image I was hearing from the guy who does the comms that the boat broke down and the military had to come to the rescue with their rib!

Onto P & D's recovery plan week 5. image This is a plan I can actually stick to!

F

• Thanks Jason - now on to Snowdon in October ...
    Thanks AGF and Fiona
    The boat did indeed break down - just before our crossing and a small RIB was used (think this may have been a back up rather than a military boat) Our minibus load had to be crossed in 3 lots as RIB could only take 5 at a time.
    This meant we set off a bit late and in a group of 3.
    The army cadets were helping marshalling at the ferry - a rather incongruous sight was 2 army cadets in battledress AND umbrella! image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

They need to get tough, you wouldn't catch us runners with a brolly!! image

F

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

HM4, well done and great report image

Jason, you're racking up the miles again, well done with the 20 today

Tek, nice totals for the week and today's 8 miles

NP, Take it easy on the hip, and I'm sure the fitness will return in no time at all image

IJ, shame the bridge closure meant the race was short

Fiona, it was the last day of the 5x50 challenge and there was an organised run put on to celebrate the end of the event, well done with the 11 earlier, hope you got a chance to catch some rays whilst doing the garden, last day of mesocycle 5 for me today image

AGF, you deserved a little red after doing gardening, surprised it was just the one though

OH, Well done on the course PB in what seem terrible conditions, can't wait to hear all about it image

-----------------------------------------

5 mile run in the hazy sunshine this evening, you have just got to love our climate one day it is almost winter like and the next it's gorgeous, I also managed to keep the pace down and kept the HR under control too image 

Stats: 5.1mi, 53:49 @ 10:32mm, avgHR 136(72%)

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH well done!!image  CB in crap weather of 20 mins is huge!imageimage

AGF nice cross trainingimage

Fiona has it really only been 5 weeks?

Stewart well done on the controlled runimage

---

3m recovery at 70%maxHR.  Full of cold again...image

• OH, the regular army chaps look worse here... at one of the local RAF base there's an army detatchment who sometimes do gate guard duties: in cabbage-patch combats with HV vests on! maybe it's so they can play hide-and seek?!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

OH,

Well done.  Sounds tough.

AGF,

I'd count that as cross training image!

-----------

Well done on everyone's traininig.

Results are up from Hook.  I came 22 out of 64 in age group (40-59) (this was the 2nd most common age group and was won by a lady who came 3rd overall - most common was 8-11 and their winner came in 4th overall) and 79 out of 233 ladies.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- last recovery week, eh?image What then?image

Stewart- nice running

Tek- hope you shift the cold soonimage

45mins recovery run this morning and 1 hour steady this evening, which equated to 5.66m and 8.31m respectivelyimage DON'T add them up, Fiona!!!image 

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Nice run last night Stewart.image

Teknik I hope that cold clears up soon.

Nice result HM4.

Jason, I'm working on the OCD but 13.97! image Not sure about what next - at the end of the week it will be 21 weeks to Amsterdam. Suppose I'll just build up the miles a bit but a 21 week plan is far too long!?

6 miles tonight and one of the best runs since VLM, not fast just really nice. image Off out to the garden again...

F

• Tek hope your cold finally goes soon, I still have got a sniffle after 3 weeks since I first felt rough

Jason two good ones earlier, image

Fiona nice 6 earlier, sometimes it does feel good just to get out there and enjoy it and not be looking at the watch all the time, about 20 weeks for me til Jersey, think I will wait another 4 or 5 weeks before upping the  long run mileage

5 miles for me tonight at 7.48 average, last two miles at 7.30 and 7.15 , hopefully speed will  improve .