2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

NP- great news! image Yeah, mileage building nicely- mid 90s this week image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Had a smile at the thought of you taking your old HR strap for a drive to bin it Teknik!  Nice stats for the week and a good run today.

NP I had not realised there was more than the half! That is a busy week!! Nice that you got out in the sun.

Jason you really must stop doing that 1 second thing! imageimage

14.3 miles this morning. Went out in drizzle but a lovely day for a run and as running easy I never really felt warm. Tried to keep the HR below 160 apart from on the uphills. The ankle was fine.

I may have got into a duathlon on 22 June. Standing in for someone who pulled out due to injury and have warned the 2 guys in the team that I've not been training for it so might let them down. Can add it to the list once the paperwork has been done as not sure if they accept substitutions this late.

F

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

SM6, a good days training all done before the sun got to hot

IJ, I don't see where you got time for rest

Tek, Nice muddy 8 yesterday and the HR is improving image

AGF, nice totals there and well done on the 12

MG1, another good run, and at a good pace

NP, nice hill work, good to here the confidence coming back, nice 8 earlier

NN, great price I'm on my third in under a year

Jason, you are getting the miles in now, nice long run earlier enjoy the recover run later

Fiona, nice 14 earlier lovely out now

-----------------------------------------

Have not been on for a few days but I'm still racking up the miles, but not as quickly as our Jason.

Friday 5 mile run before body balance, 10:06mm avgHR 143(75%)

Saturday was my longer run, it was over 14 but I paused the watch and missed half a mile, it was really hot yesterday car was saying it was 20C, ran from the carpark at Inshes up Drumossie brae and then two loops of Daviot Woods, 

Stats: 14ish mi, 2:30:xx @10:40mm avgHR157(82%) 1125ft of elevation gain

A 3 mile recovery run today 10:54mm avgHR 136(71%)

18 week plan for baxters starts tomorrow with a rest/recovery dayimage

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Well done on the Drumossie Brae run Stewart, never done that one. Was that past the hotel itself on the side road or up past Milton of Leys? It was 20 degrees yesterday. image  Just in for a break from digging the kitchen garden. It's surrounded by hedge and it's boiling now!!

Nice to be starting your plan. image

F

• Night NurseNight Nurse ✭✭✭

Afternoon.

JASON your diet sounds delicious I guess pork scratching are primal as long as they don't come in a plastic bag lol..I have been cutting down big time on the grains they aren't really any good for us.. so no porridge/cereal,bread pasta etc for a few weeks (maybe another reason for the slower pace)it takes a while to adjust, but you are living proof that we don't need all those high carb cereals to fuel runs..I am now a big lover of wild rice which ISNT A GRAIN !! image but bloody expensive

TEK a nice weeks training at low heart rate, no worries about my old monitor strap being picked up its knackered and not working at all..image
    FIONA  nice  long run there, odd distance for a sufferer of OCD though..., 0.3 less than me today, but probably a lot faster 

NP running in the sun is a rare thing lately, good luck with the training for the games, looking forward to seeing how you get on.

STEWART nice mileage, and that's the thing about P&D you are lulled into a false sense of security with the first day being a rest day...image

14 miles in 2.20 @74% bit slower than I would like..but mustn't grumble this weeks total of 48 miles is more than I ran during the whole of April..

off to bed now..for nap before night shift

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Fiona, yes up past the hotel, first time for me, it is a bit of a drag but not too steep 

NN, nice 14 today and your right about P&D Tuesday will be the first LT run, I'm actually looking forward to it image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- good luck with the duathlon!image

Stewart- well done on clocking up the milesimage Enjoy the rest day!

NN- Wild rice not a grain, eh? Bet it's still rather carby.... but going to check it outimage I have been eating cauliflower "rice"- basically finely chopped cauliflower that has a similar texture. Well done on the run and the mileageimage

Short recovery run to round off the week done and dustedimage Weekly stats: 94.75m in 12.05.42 (7.40 av)Happy enough with that- 1 more week and then I start the 18 week plan for Chesterimage

Jason its a sea grass, http://www.northernlakeswildrice.net/Wild-Rice-Facts.html maybe a bit carby for you, but if you are eating fruit I guess you are having some, not sure how many grams per day you are allowing yourself , have a look  at Mark Sissons daily apple.. interesting site/ reading...recipies.

Fiona sorry for the usless maths, you did 0.3 more than me not less..

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

NN- well familiar with Mark's Daily Apple. Not really counting the carbs, but definitely going to have a look at the wild rice- thanks for the tip image

Cross post..edit add the link..its very tasty image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

NN- cooked, it is 21% carbs. Back to the cauliflower for now! Lol! image

• 11.5 miles, with a fair proportion xc through sheep poo and rolling fileds. Loved it! Need food now to stop the return of the hangover!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

NP,

That sounds like it's going to be a tough week.

------

Well done on everyone's training.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

IJ- nothing wrong with sheep poo! They make the certificates for the Snowdon Marathon out of the stuff! image Good luck with keeping the hangover at bay image

• a dinner grilled pork chop, a baked potato and two more coffees seems to have done the jobimage

now to sort out my plan of attack for the week - 5k race on Wednesday, 10k race on Sunday!

• IJ - Good run today

Jason - Impressive total for the weekimage

NN - Good run today and for the week. Looks like your right back in the swing of thingsimage

NP - Glad to hear you're in a much more positive frame of mind.

Stewart - Fantastic training this weekend. Good luck with the plan for Loch Ness!

Fiona - Good 14 earlierimage

----------

10.1 miles @ 8:49 ave.

HR monitor didn't work tonight, so no data there. Wasn't in the right mindset to plod along tonight anyway, just needed to get out and run. Ran much to fast and felt a bit tired by the end, not too surprised as it's the first time I've ran more than 7.4 miles in 6 weeks.

Gym tomorrow. Tempo run Tuesday

Jason...Primal isnt just about eating low/no carbs unless you are trying to loose a ton of weight..its more about no grains,or anything prosessed etc etc amongst other things and 100grms (when cooked) wild rice has fewer  carbs than 100grms of sweet potato....and it fills up more space on the plate !! imageanyway, low carb seems to be working for you, you must run well on fat...I upped the healthy fat intake and have lowered carbs, I used to eat 300 + grms a day EASY !! with all the bread and porridge weetabix ,its a wonder I wasnt 15stone !! but not ready to go as low as MS suggests...ie 100grms....and he does allow more carbs for 'chronic BAD FOR YOU cardio' fanatics as it like to call it..imagecharming, ok for him now he has decided his marathon days are over..image 

IJ not bad milesage with a hangover !!

SM6 nice pace  image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

NN- yep, think I fit his chronic cardio profile image

Off for a morning plod- nice not to be doing it at 5.30 imageimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Plod plodded and tin of pilchards for breakfast eatenimage

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP nice steady 8m in the sun yesterday. Great to see you're back on itimage

Jason super 16m yesterday, and a great week's total. Pilchards for brekkie?imageimage

Fiona well done on the 14m, glad the ankle's no bother.  Hope you get the duathlon place sortedimage

Stewart nice hilly MLR on Saturday, good recovery jog yesterday. Enjoy the P&D rest dayimage

NN nice controlled 14m, and well done on the week's total.

IJ well done on getting out with the hangover.  Sounds like a big week coming!image

HM hi

Stuart nice 10 miler - it's good to get the legs moving a bit faster every now and then. 

===

4m recovery jog this morning with a 70%max ceiling.  Sunny here with a nice breeze.image

• sunny and breezy here too Teknik. Lovely morning for a run !  Looks like your building another lonhg streak image

Fiona - your kitchen garden sounds nice

I am not to sure I could eat pilchards for breakfast.......

10 on my own followed 3 with Lulu today. Now to sit in teh garden for the rest of the day image

• Jason hope the morning run was good

Tek nice little 4 m this morning

AGF well done on this mornings run bet lulu enjoyed it

5 mile tempo this morning in 7.30 av , nice with the wind behind but no so nice the other way, then gym core work.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Gosh, getting into so many marathon plans already, good fun! image

Pilchards - aren't they just sardines? I think I could eat them for brekkie but then I do like my food!! image

Nice jog Teknik and more big miles AGF!

Really windy here too MG1. A nice easy 5 miles for me after work - no hols here! image

F

• image possible screwed plantar fasciitis problem. &^%£" ^**^*$£ £%&(&*$-ing hell.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

(((Iccle Jim)))

Hope that clears up quickly.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training. 

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

IJ- i hear that rolling a golf ball under the foot helps....

pilchards? What's the problem? image

MG1- nice tempo run and core

Fiona- nice post- work run image

AGF- nice miles today image

5.5 ish morning run was freezing with strong winds. Afternoon run was in monsoon conditions and my Garmin went mad! Had to return to base to get Garmin II. Just over 8m this evening eventually in a little under 7 min pace. Hope Garmin is ok- we have done over 10,000m together, but not looking promising.... It kept stopping and starting itself and now the backlight is permanently on... image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Oh no Jason, that is a proper crisis! image I think it may just be a pilchard-for-breakfast problem that folks have rather than the pilchards themselves!! image (I love them on toast! )

IJ is that an acute injury or has it come on gradually?

F

• been spraying deep freeze and rolling on a softball (given to meby PE teacher who knew a thing or two about dodgy injuries!) so hopefully it'll be okay. It's come on pretty suddenly, so I'm hoping it's a one off pain!

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona, sorry, toast? image

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Just thought on that after - far too many carbs for you! image

F