Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Sorry Matt, didn't mean to steal your opportunity to give a race report image

Am very hungry now... can't stop eating image

• well done Matt - missed your post earlier! 

hope rocker is ok

• /members/images/728570/Gallery/4.jpg

/members/images/728570/Gallery/2.jpg

/members/images/728570/Gallery/1.jpg

/members/images/728570/Gallery/3.jpg

Hmm ... strange order, but here's how they posted them ...

- Running buddies.

- My honey approaches the finish line.

- 3 miles to go (and the first and only hill ... how cruel).

- Matt approaches the finish line.

• Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo well done both of you and what fabby pics.You both look like you enjoyed the day. VERY WELL DONE on your massive PB Chilli. Hope you are resting up today.

How did Rocker get on anyone???????

GOOD LUCK AF boss today at your hilly 10k.

Have a good day everyone....last day of work for me before my jolly hols.....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• morning

kids are gone for 3 daysimage I'll miss them but I'll copeimage

lovely pics from yesterday

loula - we need an update on rocker!!

franny - enjoy your hols

• Morning all, congrats to lovely chili and Matt!!!! Thts fantastic news on PBs!!!! Love a PB on here image rest well and eat loadS of cake you two!!!!

mdeals look cool and thank you mr chili for the pics! I always think they make a report come alive as we get to see where you were image

well, I'm sure our rocker wil be on but I know that he didnt finish . Not sure of details but he had problems with his knee and by 10 pm last night Lizs report on FB said he wasn't eating too well either. Not sure what time exactly tht he stopped but I'm guessing midnight . He did v v well to  do the distance he did. Ridgeway is very similar to north downs in trail, constant concentration on the floor do as bit to trip and varying terrain . Hope he's resting  well today . Good job rocker, onwards and upwards image

• well done rocker, sounds like a really tough day, but to still be going at 10 at night is amazing in itself, hope you are ok

• Chili  and Matt - Very well done both of you. What a great performance!

Chili - What a huge PB! Excellent!

Matt - Fantastic going, especially as you were injured not so long ago! Was it a PB for you too?

AF - How was your race? Sorry I didn't wish you good luck beforehand!

Rocker - Brilliant and brave attempt. Saw your post on facebook. You couldn't have done anything other than what you did. Hope you feel OK today.

Franny - Enjoy your hols!

Hi everybody else!

8 miler for me this morning then out for lunch. Summer holiday ends today for me although kids have 3 more weeks. It's been a lovely summer in spite of not going away...... lots of days out and treats. Training has gone well. At least 4 runs a week and 2 swims, apart from when I was ill. Fitness hasn't improved a whole lot but that's probably because I was on a 'go slow' for Ramazan and because of the heat! Anyway, enough naval gazing!!! 

BFN x

• Well done Chilli & Matt-great report & superb times.

Rocker-you have done really swell to run as far as you did.

My 10k was the Arundel Castle 10k.Got to the start & discovered my garmin wa dead so I had no idea as to the pace I was doing.A really weird finish.It was pretty hilly with a steady climb for the 1st 5k.Thought 50 minutes would be a good time to aim for.But,had no ideal how I was doing.My finish time turned out to be 50.11 which bearin in mind the hills & having no idea of my pace was acceptable.Actually enjoy red the race lovely scenery & great running through a castles grounds.Will be interested to see where I come in the overall rankings.Will be happy if I am in the top 30 percent.Diappointed otherwise.

• AF - well done on your 10k. 50 mins is a good time. Do NOT be disappointed with your position - you have no control over who/what kind of runners turn up to an event so can't really control where in the field you come!! 

well, off out for a little run now, we had a great time biking, I probably shouldn't run too far after all that, but want to run a little at least

we are haivng a meal out tonight seeing as we have no kids!image

• Well done AF! Bet it was a pretty 10K around Arundel Castle! Brill time especially for such a hilly race!

MC - Enjoy your meal out!

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Well done Chilli and Matt sounds like a great race. Also AF again sounds like a beautiful course.

MC hope your meal was lovely.

I have switched my focus to running now - I have only one club tri, one big race and one fun tri left this year. But I am now training towards my half. I'm not a great runner, I can keep going forever but I don't think I'll ever be fast as I start feeling it in my joints around the 3 mi mark. While I can always plod on, its not at a pace I'd like. I have a 10k in 2 weeks which I'd like to do in under 1 hour then another in October, a 20mi in early November and the stratford half on 17th November. My aim is under 2 hours but I'm starting to think that's not realistic image still, can but try!

My dad started his chemo this week, he had to go back after 2 days to have a bottle of one of the drugs removed. So far he's just tired with no major ill effects but he's been warned it can be cumulative. 

Ive been hoping to move to Manchester to live with my future husband (!), not that he's home often! It finally looks like that may be a possibility, so I'm very excited. I should find out this week. In preparation, I've spent this weekend decorating my flat - finally. It looks great, just as I may be moving out!

• MrsN - Last year I found that jining a running club did wonders for my running, I found it really hard to keep up with the slowest person in the club but it really pushed me and I finally got my 10k time down to around an hour. If your joints are suffering after 3m I would reconsider the 20mile race and just work towards the half. Exciting about the news - and is this a recent engagement?? congratulations if it isimage

my thoughts are with you for your dad

• Mrs Noel - Hope the move to Manchester pans out. Exciting! As fo the slow running, I'm a slow runner too and I've got slower over the last two years due to lack of regular training. I keep trying to tell myself it doesn't really matter but I'm naturally a bit competitive.......

Hope your dad copes OK with the chemo.

Managed a 4 miler this morning before school. (We don't start untill 9am until the students get back so I have more time in the mornings.)

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Sorry  that should have read 10 miler lol I must say, I'm in a tri club but usually run alone and just use them for cycling and swimming. Perhaps I need to get my arse into gear and get to them too! We got engaged in January, set the date in July and get married next April on the Easter weekend. 

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Oh and thanks Jude, he is very positive which I think helps.

• ah, a 10 miler in the build up to the half is a good one! Yeah, try joining up with the tri club runs a few times, you will probably find it helps

decided to have a rest day today, just feeling tired, we have been for a walk and lunch thoughimage

• Afternoon

Just a quick check in as been very busy getting ready to go off on hols 1st thing tomoz.

well done AF on your 10k image

Mrs N - hope your dad is ok with his chemo and well done on your running

Jude.well done on your run too.

MC enjoy your rest day

Well speak to you all in a few weeks time when I get back from my jolly hols

Behave whilst I am away image or not image

Hope Chili and matt are feeling ok after their mara

• Have a lovely holiday Franny!

Went swimming with my daughter this evening. She was trying to teach me a dolphin kick and butterfly. Was a bit of a laugh...image Consequently only did 40 lengths or so.

• franny - have a great holiday

Jude - I have no idea how to do butterfly! well done on your swimming, and it is good to just mess about in the water for fun sometimesimage

• Hi Everyone and thanks for your kind words. We left home very early yesterday for our family holiday and so this is my first time online.

MC - just your childfree break.

Franny - enjoy your holiday too image

AF - sounds a great 10k. Congratulations!

Mrs N - sounds like some exciting events coming up. Hope you get your move to manchester

Jude - sounds a lovely time with your daughter image

I'm not feeling too bad actually. My right ITB was pretty sore yesterday morning but had eased up by the end of the day. I painted my toe nails so my feet don't look too bad!

Have decided to have a rest this week. So no running. Am going to take my girlies canoeing, rock climbing and caving instead! image We travelled up via a friend in Stoke and we are now staying with my parents in up in the North Peninnes. Tomorrow afternoon my mother and I are going to Ladies Day at Sedgefield Races. She won the tickets... have never been to the races before.

• Well done Chili and Matt.Fantastic PBs in very testing conditions.Hope you are both resting well and not too achey.

AF,well done on another good 10k.

Franny,Chili and MC,enjoy your breaks.

Mrs N,I hope your Dad's chemo goes ok.Good news about your impending move.

Jude,your swimming sounds great.I'm afraid swimming is not my thing.I can do the front crawl just enough to get me out of trouble if I fell in,but I really don't enjoy it.

Had a quiet weekend,mostly just watching Reading Festival on tv.Today we went and got some new fish for our tropical fishtank.I felt a bit under the weather and very tired today,and really didn't feel like running,but I made myself go and I ran my fastest 4 miles of this year,by 2 minutes.I really enjoyed it and felt good the whole way.I was surprised as I really felt tired before I started.

My aim for the coming week is to try and take a bit more off my 5k time and then run 7 miles on Saturday.

• Morning all!

DJ - Well done on your fast 4 miles!

Chili - Enjoy your holiday and the activities!

Kids, hubby and parents have gone to the zoo this morning. I'm at work but I'm planning a run while kids are swimming this evening. Weather forecast for the next few days is even hotter......

• morning everyone

chili - have a great action packed holiday!

DJ - well done, sometimes the best runs are the ones you didn't feel like doing!

last day without the kids, am going to go to the gym then meeting a friend from work for lunch. Will be running later, had intended to run early morning but then didn't feel like it!

• Morning everyone - had the family here for the weekend so no time online.

Massive congrats to Chili and Matt - great race report and pictures imageimage I am feeling quite inspired image

AF 50 mins sounds very good on that course!

DJ, good for you - sounds like progress is being made. 

I have done nothing but eat and drink since my Friday run so feeling ginormous now, but have intervals this evening so back to the grindstone.  I think I need to enter a marathon to keep me focussed.

• Afternoon,

Franny-Have a good holiday

Chilli-Have a good rest from running.

Louise-Hope the move goes ok.I am sure you aren't ginormus!!

Jude-Enjoy your hot run!!

Well I have got my results from Sunday's 10k. Chip time was 49.41 and finished 169/563 so top 30%. Happy with that as the course was hilly and the time is only 10% slower than my flat PB. 6.7 miles yesterday and a rare afternoon run today of 5.6. Don't like running in the afternoon and it was hot. 1 hours boot camp this morning as well.

• well done AFimage

had a stressful couple of hours this morning trying to sort out the entries for the outlaw half ironman and a team entry for the full outlaw - but I am excited now that the entries are doneimage

had a run this evening too, and now waiting for the kids to come back....

• Morning all!

AF - Well done on getting in the top 30% in your race!

Hi everybody else!

Didn't run yesterday evening as I didn't get home in time from work to go swimming with the kids. I figured I needed a rest day anyway!  Ran 4 miles this morning instead though with hubby on his bike.

At work now and planning to go out for coffee and ice-cream after dinner this evening.image

Have a good day all! x

• morning all

well done on your early morning run Jude

got to take kids to dentist - oh the joy!! I need to book them in at the hairdresser too....

• Morning,

An achey 6.8 miles this morning after yesterday's bootcamp...will rest tomorrow in preperation for an 18 + run on firday.

Have a good day everyone.