Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

AF - are you training for another marathon?

well had a bike ride with the kids today and a turbo this evening 

• Options

Morning all!

AF - Well done on your run. Have a good rest day.

MC - Well done on your bike ride and turbo.

Well, apparently it reached over 40C yesterday.  imageimage Not sure if that's correct but it was certainly sweltering.

7.3 run this morning and swimming this evening.

Have a good day all. x

• Options

morning all

I got up early and had a run/walk

it was hot here yesterday but not that hot! This must be the best summer weather we have had for years

• Options

MC-Yes I have the New Forest Marathon on 22/9. It has been a good summer hasn't it?

Also have a 1/2 Marathon on 8/9!

• Options

Well done on all your running. I haven't done any... but I did spend a fantastic day rock climbing image

• Options

chili - sounds like fun (well, I wouldn't like rock climbing as I am a scaredy cat but I know the rest of the world enjoys these things!)

been to the tri club swim session - they are not as good as swimming club but still a coached swim sessionimage

• Options

Morning all!

Chili - Glad you enjoyed the rock climbing! I've done some abseiling and climbing in the past but a very long time ago....

MC - No such thing as a coached swim session for adults here! Sounds good!

64 lengths last night and a bit of dolphin kick practice which is getting easierimage and is nice to do. 4.4 miles run this morning and weather forecast says it will get a bit cooler - hooray!

Have a good day all!

• Options

morning all

Jude - the swimming club sessions are really good, the tri club ones not so good, but it was nice to see some people I haven't seen for a while!

I have no idea how to dolphin kick but want to learn as we get lengths of butterfly thrown into the swim club sessions and I have no idea how to do it!

Having a rest day, although I will probably go to the gym later. 

Have a great day everyone

• Options

Morning all

Sounds like everyone is out there training!  Good work!  I managed about 9 miles yesterday, and then got into the gym today for some weights and abs work (at long last) so I am filled with new resolutions and looking for an event to train towards for more focus.  Maybe a marathon in Northern Italy later in the year.

• Options

Afternoon,

Jude-Well done on all of those lengths!! 

MC-Enjoy the rest day....you are as bad as me if that means going to the gym!!!

Louise-Well done on your 9 miles. An Italian marathon should be lovely.

Child free weekend for the 1st time in 6 weeks-Hooray!!!!!

18.15 miles with the club tonight- a bit achey at the moment. May do a hilly 11 on the downs on Sunday.

Have a good weekend... 

• Options

AF good luck for that 18 miles - or have you already done them?

I spent 90 mins in the gym, I am going to ache tomorrow!

Enjoy your child free weekend AF

Italian marathon sounds lovely Louise!

• Options

morning everyone, off to park run  then swimming, beautiful day again - wish all summers were like this

• Options

Afternoon!

MC - Glad to hear you are enjoying the sunshine. Enjoy your swim.

Louise - Italian marathon sounds wonderful! Well done on your run and gym session.

AF - Hope you are enjoying your child free weekend. How was the 18 miler?

Did 9 miles while the kids were swimming and it felt easier than it's been for a long time. 

I've signed up for the Istanbul 15K on November 17th.  It will be my first race for 18 months. (You may remember last year my having to drop out of the marathon there because of various reasons.) Fingers crossed nothing crops up this year.

Having a party this afternoon (just us!) for my dad's 76th birthday on the 14th September. Parents go home on Monday so we are celebrating his birthday early.

BFN x

• Options

18 miler was fine- the last couple I was very thirsty as had drunk all of mhy water!

Jude-Well done on signing up for a race. Have a nice party.

MC-90 minutes gym-park run-swimming!! Do you ever stop?   

• Options

Jude - well done on your run, good to hear that it is feeling easier. Nice that your parents are still able to travel to see you - my dad was 77 this year but he is starting to fall apart! 

AF - well done on your run too.

Tomorrow I will do nothing - going down to support at a half ironman that quite a few pirates are doing, so by the time I get home I don't think I will be up for doing anything!

• Options

AF - well done on your 18 miles. And the child free weekend image

Jude - ooooh, a race! How exciting image really hope all goes smoothly.

Louise - ahhhh, an Italian marathon sounds wonderful. I think we should make it a CRAC tower virtual outing and all come and support!

MC - cheer them well tomorrow and give an 'Argh!' from me too.

We are home. The holiday was wonderful and far too short. My parents were fantastic and soooo thrilled to be able to take my girlies rock climbing, caving, canoeing and river walking. On the way home today we stopped at Brimham Rocks in North Yorkshire for another 2 1/2 hrs of clambering.

I haven't run all week. I get rather stressed at trying to fit my running on family hols cos I seem to be the centre of everything and no one can do anything, make decisions without me being there to give directions, sort endless amounts of food etc. So since I did my marathon last sunday and I knew we were going to be doing adventure stuff, I left my running gear at home and decided to give myself a break.

Am really looking forward to going for a run tomorrow though... if I can fit it in cos we are back to 'work' tomorrow.

• Options

AF - Well done on your 18 miler!

MC - Hope you are enjoying the Half Ironman.

Chili - Glad to hear you had a great holiday! Shame you couldn't run in such beautiful surroundings but the adventure stuff must have more than made up for it.

Did a tempo 5 miler this morning and had brunch at mil and sil again.

September is here - my favourite month in Turkey as usually the weather is just perfect.

Have a good day all!

• Options

Hello...

Chili your holidays sound busier than my normal days image.  Hope you managed your run today.

Jude, a morning run followed by brunch sounds just right.

AF, busy month for you - is the half next week your main event (which one is it btw?) or the marathon?

I did the Sevenoaks 7 this morning, which was fun; had a half-hearted hill training session yesterday (too much red wine night before image), but felt surprisingly fresh this morning and did better than expected on quite a hilly course.  Still down the back of the field though image.

• Options

Afternoon,

Louise-My half is on Sunday & is the Bacchus 1/2 held at Denbies vineyard-it includes wine at the drink stops it is also hilly & I don't think I will be driving.Intending to enjoy the day out.My main event in September is he New Forest marathon on 22/9.Well done on your 7 mike race.

Jude-sounds a good day hope you have had a nice brunch.

Chilli-you deserve a rest hope you get out tomorrow.

MC-enjoy the 1/2 ironman.I have recorded the outlaw this morning s it was on channel  4.

Went up to the South Downs this morning for a very hilly 11.6 miles.Lovely up there with great views.Have run 29.8 mil es since Friday morning & a record weeks mileage for me of 48.7.Now resting with a bottle of beer!

• Options

well done everyone on their runs and holidaysimage

I am shattered after a day supporting at a half ironman, had a great day, caught a little bit too much sun and just want to go to sleep now!

back to work tomorrow so an early night anyway

• Options

AF, that sounds lovely.

Well done on your race Louise!

And Jude for your run.

MC - good to hear you had a great day.

Didn't get to do my run image today, just been too busy. One more day of school holiday and then kids will be back to school. We've had a lovely summer but I am really looking forward to normal routine.

Louise, there is no such thing as a holiday with four kids. Especially when they are as bouncy as mine (although I have to admit they are pretty well behaved girls). My holiday is at the end of Sept when I am visiting my brother in Berlin for 5 days. No hubby or kids and I can't wait. image

• Options

Hi everyone.

Well done on all your runs and Louise,well done on your race.

On the running front I managed a tempo 5k on Thursday,which I attempted to do my fastest time for the year,but I ran too hard in the first part and tired badly in the last mile,so I got my second fastest,and learnt a good lesson about easing into a run rather than going flat out from the start.Today I did my long slow run and managed 8.38  hilly miles which i'm really pleased about as it's the longest run I have done in over 2 years.I felt a bit achey and tired in the last mile,but i'm very happy to have managed it.I have missed my long runs.I will have to run carefully this week so I don't aggravate any injuries,and then I should be ready to attempt 10 miles within a couple of weeks which will be a landmark on my recovery.

• Options

Louise - well done on your race!

AF - well done on your record weekly mileage!

DJ - well done on your longest slow run for 2 years!

MC - Glad to hear you had a good day.

Chili - Sorry you didn't get a run. Hopefully you'll have more time when the girls are back at school.

Parents are off home tomorrow. Hubby is driving them to the airport in Istanbul and kids are going in the car too. I'm off to work. It's been a lovely 3 weeks and we are all going to miss them......but we'll see them at Christmas as we are coming to England for a week then, hopefully.

• Options

Chilli, Berlin sounds great - finally, a proper break! 

DeeJay, at least you still got a decent time and, as you say, leant something for next time!

Jude, glad you had a fun few weeks and Christmas really will fly!

I have been offered a posting near my fiance's house so am moving Oop North! Will be looking forward to races up in the area and also starting Parkrun with some friends up there. 

I did a 10k on Saturday morning then an easy run in the afternoon. Yesterday I went hiking from the Clent to the Lickey hills and today my legs ache from the combined efforts of the weekend! I'm doing an aquathon on Thursday for my Tri club and the Lichfield 10K on Sunday so debating whether or not to take it easy or stick to the plan for the week. 

• Options

That sounds good Mrs N image hope the move north will be smooth. I would take it easy and let your legs recover a bit!

DJ - well done on the long run image Sounds like you are really getting back into the swing of things.

Jude - awww, sorry you have to wave goodbye to your parents. Will you be visiting Chingford at all at Christmas? If you do, perhaps we could meet up for a run together image

At the beginning of the summer the girls and I won a prize of a family photoshoot. It took place this morning in the woods were we run and climb trees. Was lovely. And this afternoon we are going blackberry picking. Really hope to run this evening...

• Options

afternoon everyone

first day back at work but I still managed to get out of bed for a run this morningimage it was slow but who cares

MrsN - hope the move goes smoothly

chili - sounds like a great day

• Options

Well done on the early run MC image

I did 5 miles this eve with my No.2 girls who was so thrilled to be back out on her bike. Legs were very stiff, but was lovely to be running again.

My Big Girl starts secondary school tomorrow...

• Options

Morning all!

Chili - Good luck to big girl! Well done on getting out for your run.   I'm only coming for a week at Christmas so we are going straight to the Isle of Wight. My brother and sister's family are going there too for a big family Christmas so I won't be going to Chingford this year. Would have been nice to meet up for a run though.....

MC - Well done on running on the first day back at work.

Mrs Noel - Great news about your move - very happy for you!

70 lengths at swimming last night.  Meeting up with kids and hubby at swimming after work today and will run there hopefully. (My kids don't start back at school until the 16th.)

Have a good day everybody! 

• Options

morning all

Chili - hope your big girl isn't too worried and that she has a great day

Jude - well done on the swim, I went to the masters swim last night but was a tired I think as I really struggled.

turbo this morning and a day of meetings aheadimage

• Options

Great progress DJ, well done.

Sounds like everyone is easing back into 'normal' routines again.

I had a nice easy recovery run (just 3 miles) yesterday morning and then a gym session.  Mile repeat intervals tonight.