Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• morning everyone

I keep wondering what has happened to ecky and by eck, hope they are ok

• Afternoon

Wow Chilli sounds like you had a fantastic time away and great you got to run with your brother and his partner. Free breakfast sounds great and you waved at Haille image

Mathschick..How is the girl at the school who got knocked down by the hit and run ?

Think By'eck finds it hard to log on to here from her phone and Ecky it seems is very busy and has sort of lost her running mojo although she did report that she is entering Tamworth 10k in a search to get it back image

I got up early this morning and did a 5 miler image Right glute is a bit sore and not sure why ?????? Has been kinda sore since before Sundays race..think I first felt it after my club run last Friday. Don't think its anything serious and will just roller it out image

Hubby got me doing 100m sprints last night..I wasn't half puffing lol...managed 10 image

Hope everyone is well and having a good day.

• I think the girl is ok, haven't really heard much though

100m sprints sounds like hard work franny well done

I have had another rest day. woke a bit groggy so stayed in bed

loads of marking to do nowimage

• Evening all!

Chili - sounds a really lovely time away. Glad you had fun!

MC - good luck with the marking...

Franny - well done on your 10 x 100m sprints! Hope the glute problem isn't serious.

Had a swim this evening, 70 lengths as usual.image

Concert season starts tomorrow. If kids and I don't have too much homework and marking we are all hoping to go and see Dvorak's 8th symphony and Grieg's piano concerto.

bfn x

• Franny - not sure I could do 100m sprints! Well done image

MC - sorry you're not feeling great...

Jude - Can't wait to get back to swimming. Am hoping they finish the renovations at our pool soon. Your 70 lengths is very impressive.

5 mile run this morning. Met with my fellow parkrun organisers this evening to plan our 2nd anniversary on 2nd Nov.

• Hello! Anyone else around today? Just a pilates class. Long run tomorrow.

• hi

I have been with lots of classes today, and kids have been a pain - think it must be the weather!

Had a nice run this morning and got swimming this evening - feeling fine now!image might have just been tiredness

Jude - concerts sound good

• Morning all!

Concert was lovely. Got home at 10.30 and then marked 60 quizzes.... Got up early to finish entering results.  BUT am determined to not miss out on concerts, training etc this year just because of school. Swimming tonight.image

Have a good day all. xx

• Sorry for my absence- busy at work.

Hope everyone is ok and running well.

18.1 mile run this morning- back to marathon training for my next marathon adventure on 26/10.  

• hi everyone

AF - which is it on the 26th?

Jude - well done, good luck with juggling everything

great swim session last night, rest day today

had a meeting after work so didn't leave school till 5image

• Wow! AF your yearly mileage must be massive! image

Jude and MC - it sounds like you are both doing a good job with the juggling.

long run this evening. 3 1/2 hours with my gorgeous daughter. Todays big questions were, 'Why is the Disney version of Hercules different to the legend' and 'why are some girls anorexic?' As you can see we cover a lot of ground on these runs. Last long run next week before the ultra on 27th. Really hope I've done enough training.

• MC-it's Beechy Head- very very hilly.Bit hooked on marathons! Planning my 5th in December.

• I have heard Beachy Head is hard - most people walk the uphills but great

chili - can't remember what your ultra is but I am sure you will be fine. Sounds like the runs with your daughter are a great time to have chats that you wouldn't normally get chance to have

• Yes we will be doing a lot of walking.The aim is to do if in about 5.15!

Chilli-you are so lucky to be able to run with your daughters.

• image AF - I really am! Had two of them with me this morning at parkrun and I outran them so quite proud of myself considering the 17-18 miles I did last night.

My gorgeous No.2 girl was very, very tired after her long bike ride last night. But not a squeak of a complaint. She has now completed 47 runs so just 3 more to get her t-shirt.

My beautiful Big Girl is on 75 runs and the junior with the highest number. But there is a lad with 74 runs so I think there is going to be a bit of a competition to see who gets to 100 first and gets the next t-shirt.

• haha chili - she is not going to let you miss a single parkrun now!

• Hi all!

AF - Good luck with the Beechy head marathon. Hope it's good weather for it as the views must be great. Yep, your mileage must be great already this year.

Chili - your mileage must be very impressive too! Well done on the park run and your long run yesterday. Yes, running with your girls must give you lots of opportunities for nice chats.  I can't chat to the kids while they are swimming..... Have your girls started the theatre school yet? How's it going? I'm sure you'll be süper in the ultra with a massive long run once a week!

MC - well done on your swim session. (Must admit it I'm still enjoying it more than running at the moment.) I never leave school before 5 image and with the school service bus duty I don't get home before 6. I think the private school day is far too long here. Kids in lessons from 9-5 and then lots of homework. No time to be kids. Probably why their behaviour is so bad.  I'm glad my kids are in state school.   

Did my swim yesterday but no run today as I have a twinge in my side. Nothing particularly painful but it hurts when I take a very deep breath. I've had it before and I'm hoping it will go quickly. Am planning a short run for tomorrow.....

I watched the kids training this morning instead of running and then took them to their music lessons. Little boy started violin lessons and seemed to enjoy it.

There is a swimming festival tomorrow all day and daughter and big boy are swimming. Little boy's age group isn't included so he'll have to watch. 

Hope you are enjoying the weekend! xx

• Hi everyone,

Apologies for not posting recently.I had my brother in law' funeral to go to,and I have been injured and ill.I haven't run since my calf strain 3 weeks ago,and I have also had a bad cold,which had bad consequences as I had a severe allergic reaction to a cold medication and had anaphylaxis which was very scary.So I've sort of lost my way a bit.I feel ready to begin gentle running as soon as the after effects of being poorly have gone,so hopefully in a couple of days.

• *creeps in and hopes absence hasn't been notice*

Hi all, I'm so sorry but I just haven't been on here lately, mainly as indeed my Mojo has left the building. I know I am still welcome but its difficult when I have no running to report.

I have been sooooo busy too as started counselling course so have homework and with everything else that been going on lately. Something that has been bothering me for some time has now been resolved so feeling better and am going to sign up for a race as Franny says although I didn't realise that Tamworth 10k is only 2 weeks away and so am picking one that's a bit further away.

My friend and I won a day of training last month and I have some great running tips so am almost starting again from scratch.

DJ sorry to hear about your Brother in law and that you have had a tough time with you health.

Hi Mathschick, Jude, Chilli, Franny, Boss and anyone I have missed. I will read back but am supposed to be doing my homework image. I have to write about the personal qualities required for ethical use in counselling skills in just 400 words with a reflection of the lesson.

• DJ - wow that must have been scary. Do you know which ingredient of the medicine you had the reaction to? I guess at least it is fairly easy to avoid cold medicine - it is not something you have by mistake. My son has a severe allergy to peanuts and so far he has managed to avoid them and not needed to use his epipen, my worry though is as he gets older he is more likely to eat something with nuts in or contaminated and without having had the experience of using the epipen might not sort himself out if he is alone. He is also not very good about remember to take it with him when he goes out

ecky - great to hear from you. Hope your course is going well

had a great day today - spinning which I haven't done for a while and was hard work, swimming - and I think I am now quicker than the other woman that was there this morningimage, hair cut, shopping, then stuck a chicken in the oven and went for a run, loads of midges but the running just felt great, still run/walk, but the run parts were much quicker than normal and I managed the 4 miles in 49 mins - with walking mixed in there I am really pleased with thatimage

• Wow Mathschick, seems like you are making great progress with the running and well done on the swim too. My course is fab with a great bunch of people so really enjoying it. I am doing 10 weeks and then hopefully onto the next course which is 22 weeks.

• Morning all.

Lovely day here to day so just waiting for Big Girl to get out of bed so I can take her for a little plod. She just wants to do a tiny little bit as her knee is lots better now and she has been signed off from Physio. He said her bad knee was now much stronger than the good one so she has also been coming to a fitcamp thing with me once a week.

I will then have a little plod on my own using my new running technique for a couple of miles. Its like having to learn to run all over again so small steps to start with. I am still having a bit of foot trouble but just never get time do go get it sorted out lately. I have a week off soon so will catch up on all of that then.

• morning all

ecky - good to hear your girl is doing better now with her knee

just family stuff today really but swimming tonight

• DJ - sorry to hear about your troubles and also your allergic reaction, it must have been very scary. Hope you can get back into the running soon as you were doing really well.

Ecky - an exciting time for you. So pleased you are enjoying the course and you have met some nice people. Hope the new running technique is successful and that you got out with big girl today. (So good her knee is better now.)

MC - hope you got a swim in. Sounded like a very busy day for you yesterday.

Didn't get out for a run as I was at the swimming festival all day and anyway my side hurts more than yesterday.  Hubby has given me one of his muscle relaxant pills he takes when he has a bad back.

Good news is that daughter went in 3 events and got 1 gold and 2 silvers and she was racing girls older than her: she is very happy.  Son also got 1 bronze which he was also thrilled (and surprised) about.

Anyway, gonna stretch out and hope this pill works!

xx

• Jude - well done to your kids, they are fantastic swimmers

• Just lost my post twice so giving up! See you tomorrow!

• Big girl decided against running today but will still come to fitcamp with me. I managed 2 miles with the new technique which is really just getting the right posture but I have found that it makes me fun a bit faster. Hope you enjoyed your swim.

Thanks Jude. Sorry to hear you are in pain, I hope it goes soon and well done to your kids, I bet they are getting quite a collection of medals now.

Awwww Chilli, it does that to me a lot especially if I do a really long post.

• Morning All

Welcome back Ecky and Deejay.

DJ...that must have been real scary for you. Hope your starting to feel better and manage to get back out running soon. Small steps and all that jazz.

Ecky...you are such a busy bee and don't know how you manage to fit it all in. Good luck with your new running technique and soon it will just become normal and you won;t have to think about it.

Jude.Hope your side is better today. Your girls are brill swimmers.

Chilli...well done on parkrun on Saturday. it won't be long now until your ultra race ??

AF..marathon man image your mileage will be HUGE for this year unlike mine ha ha  beachy head mara sounds a good one.

Mathschick...your running is coming along just fine. well done image

Didn't get out a run over the weekend as have been at work and its been mega busy so just wanted to relax when I got home. Been to gym this morning image and got work at 2pm but then I am off for agessssssssssssssss...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so will be able to get lotsa running in..wooo hoooo.

My running club are entering relay teams for the Highland Fling 53mile ultra next April so think I will be tempted to do a relay leg. Each relay leg averages out at 13/14 miles so should manage that ok as long as its not the toughest hilliest leg ha ha and it will be nice to be part of a team. Some of the club are doing the full too.

Right better go and see to lunch etc and get organised for work.

Have a good Monday everyone

• Afternoon,

Well done everyone for their running and other exercise.

Managed a 6.6 mile run yesterday moring and then a 10 miler in the afternoon running along with three club mates who were doing an ultra. So 35 over the weekend and a record breaking 51 miles over the week.

Resting today!!

• afternoon everyone

really tired todayimage didn't sleep well but got up early to do a turbo session

last night at swimming I did too much breast stroke and my knee starting hurting again - so annoying after that great run on Saturday. I do have an appointment with the physio on Weds though so if it is still sore then hopefully she will do a bit of ultrasound/massage or something

planning an early night tonight, going to miss swimming but I just haven't got the energy