Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ooooooh I'm so happy. Big Girl has found a little job, well I kind of found her it as it's one of my friends but it's perfect for her to get a bit of extra cash for herself.

Hi Boss, I hope you manage to get the time you want for your 10k. We will be right behind you.

Morning Louise, well done on your run. It sounds tough.

Chilli, I'm glad she got on well today. She sounds very clever. Little Ecky was excited about the breakfast club too and riding his bike to school. I ran behind him and did a few miles.

Jude, I hope the results are good although I bet they have done wellimage

Mathschick, make sure you rest up. I hope you feel better soon.

I did a little run with my Dance Mum friends. I am getting them ready for a parkrun which they are excited about. I am also getting sorted for my running group at the school to raise funds. I was thinking of £1-2 for an hours session that will all be donated.

• *Opens CRAC Towers curtains* MOOOOORNING, Wakey wakey, the Bacon Butties are getting cold.

• Whoopee image- managed to upload a photo at last!!

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning everyone

louise - like the pictureimage

ecky - great news on the job for big girl

did I miss the bacon butties?

• Nope Mathschick, saved one just for you.

off to the nhs physio later today

• MC-Good luck at the physio.

Ecky-Well done on your Big Girl getting a job.Think £2 a session is a reasonable charge.

Louise-Well done on uploading a picture- something I have never been able to do.

Jude-Sounds a right pain about your driving licence.

Went ou this morning and decided to go for a longish run som managed 10.66 miles this morning. Felt good and managed to beat the rain.

Tommorw night I am going for a Pub Run with the club which should be good.Although no alcohol for me during the week!!!

• Hope you get on okay at the physio.

Thanks Boss, yes I don't suppose £2 is much to ask and will be good for the school too. I would love to be able to fund some play equipment for the big playground. Well done on your run. Boo to no alcohol.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

yay louise!!!!!! good pic! nom.

hows everyone?

physio went well, he reckons I have a tracking issue and if we can sort that it will hopefully get rid of the painimage

still feeling a bit rubbish today so no training

and little boy has tummy issuesimage hopefully he won't be throwing up all night

• That's good news MC

Louise - lovely pic

Pub run sounds fun AF image do you run between pubs?

Ecky - well done to your Big Girl. And i hope your little Ecky has had a good day. My Big Girl is top of her class in English so it doing the extra papers. But will just be doing the normal '5' paper in Maths cos she's not so good at that subject.

Wish I was better at essay writing... I got a brilliant report for my study journal with the comment that it was best my tutor had ever written. But when it comes to essays it seems that I interpret the title differently to what is wanted image

1 mile swim today

well done on your swim chili

OH's granny has died, we need to tell the kids later. I didn't do very well at breaking the news when his grandad died. They weren't as close to this granny but it may bring up some issues making the little one worry about my parents who are getting on and they do spend a lot of time with them

• MC-Sorry to here your news.

Chilli-We start and finsih at the same pub.

thanks AF. OH is sad, but feeling guilty that he isn't really upset. He wasn't as close to her as he is his other grandparents, so it is normal. She lived independently, didn't really have any health issues and went quickly (heart attack). Must have been in her 80s I am guessing, so really, for her it was probably the best way to go, better than being ill and incapable for years and suffering, but still sad. She was a character and very generous. Her scottish accent was very thick though and I never understood a word she said, I just used to nod and smile when we visited

• Mathschick, sorry to hear your news. I don't know if have ever heard of Winston's Wish but they are a children's bereavement charity and they have lots of things that help and you can ring them for advice on how to deal with issues that may arise.

Thanks Chilli, glad your Big Girl is doing so well. Little Ecky's strong point will be Maths as he doesn't like writing things out. Well done on your swim too.

little one is very upset by the newsimage thanks ecky - I hadn't heard of them. I know there is a local children's bereavement charity that offer counselling but hopefully he will be philosophical about it all in a couple of days

• They are very good as they have lots of booklets and a safe forum so that they can chat to other kids with similar loss. They even give ideas of how to remember people and even tell you how to make an Anger wall outside that they can either put pics on of things that make them upset and they throw water balloons at them.

• MC - sorry to hear your news and thinking of you all. And get well soon to you.

Ecky - well done on big girl's job. Hope the SATs are going well. Don't know much about them as they started after I'd left England. Hope they aren't too stressful.

Chili - Well done on your swim and good luck to your big girl. Sounds like she is a star in English.

Franny - nice pic!

Loula - Hi! How's it going?

Hi everybody else!

'Fraid I didn't get out for my run as it was pouring with rain (first rain for weeks as luck would have it) and I only needed a little excuse not to go.... I really don't like running in the village esp. without hubby.

My boy is already asking for the Grade 2 guitar pieces so he obviously hasn't been put off by his exam experience...image Just hope his result doesn't put him off...image

Anyway, bfn folks   x 

• Hi Jude. To be honest, he doesn't seem to be bothered about them at all and cant wait to get to school. I don't know if this is a good thing though or just that he really cant be bothered. Sorry you didn't get out for your run. We have rain too and lots of it.

morning

ecky - thanks, I googled it and there is loads of useful stuff on the website. She was a typical Scot and doesn't want loads of fuss for the funeral, she left instructions that they had to get the cheapest of everything and even specified who she wanted to go to the funeral - only 6 people and that they weren't to waste money on a buffet! She had loads of grandchildren and great grandchildren so I imagine she wants the money to go to them rather than being spent on her funeral.

ecky - my youngest is doing sats style tests at school, he is only year 4, and just takes it in his stride. He wants to do well but doesn't get worked up about it, which is a good thing.

• MOOOOOORNING

Mathschick, I must admit we did find them very helpful and I have rung them for advice when little Ecky did some things we were worried about. Just knowing that they were normal reactions and they had seen similar made all the difference. I do like her way of thinking about the funeral, I would be much the same as I would want any cash I had to be of some use but I know its a very individual thing.

Maybe the not stressed is a boy thing then and it's not a bad thing for little Ecky. I must admit he has been taking the prep very seriously and loves going to the Breakfast club. He said all the kids were jealous of the Waffles he has been taking in.

Little run later for me. Its an awful day here today though, freezing and pouring with rain.

• Morning!

MC - sorry to hear your sad news

I cant believe how cold it is. Need to get my gloves back out.

• Morning Chilli, I had to get my winter coat back out. I'm not a happy bunny.

• Morning all...

MC, sorry about your OH's granny.  My father was a Scot from the same school of thought - wanted minimal fuss and cost for his funeral.

Chili, well done to your big girl on her English.

I felt very smug yesterday after forcing myself to go out in the rain to do the intervals session with Serpies running club - I wore two shirts, a light weight wind cheater and a rain jacket, a cap to keep rain off my specs, and normal gloves because I couldn't find my running gloves.  Looked completely ridiculous but stayed warm image

Reason I couldn't find running gloves is builders have turned bedroom into land of chaos whilst they paint.  I amy be able to move back into it tonight, all going well.

Gym session this morning.

• Hi everyone,

Sorry i've been absent again.I have been very poorly with a bad chest infection.So no running for just over 2 weeks now.I'm hoping to go for a gentle jog tomorrow.I've been really snowed under with college work as well.Only got a month left,so lots of work to get finished and submitted.

AF, Well done on your HM.That's a hard race after your marathon.

Chilli,well done on the success of your Park Run.And well done all the little Chillis with their racing.You must be very proud.

MC, Sorry to hear your bad news.Hope hubby is ok and feeling a bit better about his new job.

Loula, glad your move went well.

DJ - hope you are better now. 

off to do some turbo image

• Hi DJ. Nice to see you.

Just a short bike ride today cos it was Big Girl's birthday tea.

My hospital appointment has been brought forward. Originally it was scheduled for next week but is now for tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be back in CRAC towers on Friday.

• DJ - Hope you are feeling better and good luck with all your college work.

Chili - all the best for tomorrow, thinking of you.

Ecky - Hope you got your run.

MC - Are you feeling better?

Louise - well done for your run in the rain and cold yesterday. Hope the builders have finished and you can get back in your room!

Hi everybody else!

No running news to report. Had a couple of hours work to do this evening for school.

Nighty night. x

Jude - yeah, feeling ok. Didn't do anything this morning because I didn't sleep much last night, but just had a good turbo sessionimage

chili - all the best for tomorrow

morning everyone

cold here, but lovely and sunny

had a little run this morning before work

parents evening tonight so a long long day ahead