Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

AF - no, you do not need to get miles in at the beginning of the week! You need nice fresh legs for the marathon so a few short sessions!

• Options

OK MC that makes sense. I just hope my legs are ok for a Marathon as have only done 1 1/2 and a 11 miler since the 15/4!! Won't be racing it so should be ok!! 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

you should be fine! You won't have lost much fitness since Brighton

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

just found out that a new park run is opening in the town nearest to meimage Don't think going this Saturday is a good idea, shame to miss the first one, but after that it should fit in before my Saturday swim sessionsimage it is a 3 loop course though 

• Options

Afternoon

We have had a lovely day sunny but quite close.

I went out and did my 1st post marathon run. Only 4.16 miles and ran a bit faster than I had planned...OOOOppppsy.

MC.That's great about the parkrun and  Hope your sore throat goes away.

AF.Only short runs required this week and yep I think you will be fine as your not racing it. However I bet you will still be speedy.Ha Ha

Now I think I am going bonkers coz I am thinking of doing a marathon on the 23rd June in Shrewsbury to see if I can do my much hoped for time BUT ONLY thinking of it. Would be a shame to lose all this fitness I have and my legs felt good this morning.However it is a 4 lap course.Hmmmmmmmm image Do any of you lot live near there????? so that if I did go you could come and shout at me. image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Shrewsbury is nice, haven't been there for a few years but have a friend there. We can't come and cheer yu on though as we are doing the Great Notts Bke ride. 

• Options

MC is it very hilly just some reports are of a big hill and whilst I like hills knowing the same one is coming up 4times would be daunting

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

I don't think the town itself is that hilly, outside the town is some beautiful countryside and some hills - it is close to Wales after all. Mind you, last time I went there was before my running days, you never really notice hills until you try to run or cycle up them! I was just trying to look at the route when everything on my laptop crashed! Maybe it couldn't cope with the elevation change on the route mapimage

• Options

The route is all about the town and a quarry !!!!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

franny - managed to open up the route map and it looks ok

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/160693474/

you can see the elevation on the thing at the bottom too, nothing too horrendous. Route might get a bit tedious, but good for spectators - your OH and chico will get lots of chance to see you! and they could keep dashing round town to catch you!

• Options

Thanks MC I am used to big hills from living in Edinburgh I know it might get a tad tedious and that's a worry but I suppose with never having been there before it may be ok We would leave Chico at home with son so it would only be hubby

• Options
    FrannyT wrote (see)

Thanks MC I am used to big hills from living in Edinburgh I know it might get a tad tedious and that's a worry but I suppose with never having been there before it may be ok We would leave Chico at home with son so it would only be hubby

He's the one that rushes up and licks you, right image?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well, Shrewsbury is a nice little place for a weekend away so go for it I say

Louise - image

• Options

Go Franny Go.....I was reading about a marathon the other day which is 17 laps! The Kent Road Runner Marathon...can't say that appeals. Well done on your 4.16 miles.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

even worse - I am pretty sure I have read before about people doing 105 laps of a running track - now that has to be torture!!

• Options

Louise image yes he is image

105 laps of a running track..............Torture indeed as would be 17 laps and think 4 will be pushing it but not decided yet as will see what legs are like tomorrow and then the plan I looked at for folk doing multiple marathons with only weeks between says I should be doing 12 miles as my long run this week which I would need to do tom as working at weekend and don't fancy fitting that in after work. If the 12 miler goes ok then I will seriously consider.

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

you think 17 laps is bad? how about 100x1mile? yep , you heard right. there is an ultra this weekend and i know 2 people attempting it .

• Options

Morning all!

The place I used to train was a loop of just over 800m (where kids used to swim). My longest run there was 14 miles, (28 laps). Boring!

Leaving work at 3.30 today as youngest child has a show at his school. image (That's 2 lessons early and no service bus duty!) 

Have a good day all. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

Jude - enjoy your free lessons and the show

beautiful day today, the sun is actually shiningimage

• Options

Morning all.

Back from visiting my Mum. Had a lovely day yesterday in Bridlington despite the freezing cold. It was great as some of the shops are there that I used to love as a kid. Middle Ecky got herself a shell bracelet from the Shell shop that I used to love although they no longer sell the dried sea horses image.Eating has been dreadful so back to it today although just mad pancakes with Golden Syrup and Strawberries.

17 times round the track would be horrendous never mind 105. We have to do 7.5 or maybe just over for the 3000m and its awful.

Jude, you must have so much patience. Hope you have a lovely day.

Sorting the Garden again for us today as its lovely. We should have gone the seaside yesterday.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Bridlington is nice, ecky

well, decided that mending the punctures on big boy's and OH's bikes instead of doing housework. need to sort my kit out for the weekend to make sure I have everything

• Options

Afternoon

Lovely day out there image warm sunshine and blue skies image

MathsChick.Good luck for the weekend.Is it a Saturday or Sunday ?

Decision has been made and not going to attempt a 2nd Marathon so close to last week as don't think my old legs would thank me for it. Hip playing up this morning which is just a hormonal thing rather than injury but it usually rears its ugly head when my body is telling me ENOUGH is ENOUGH. just going to enjoy not having to run to a plan and just do it when I want for a bit and do the other things at the gym that have taken a back seat lately like my weights routine.

Hope everyone has a lovely day and rest up MC for your Ironman at the weekend.

Oh and sad news my brothers dog BOB died yesterday. he was the grand old age of 16 and will be sadly missed.image He had a great life though and was very loved.

• Options

Afternoon all

Sun has come out for a while, which is lovely.  Did a nice easy 12 miles this morning along the Thames - ankle seems to be holding up ok. 

Jude, enjoy your nice relaxed afternoon image.

Franny, it is lovely to just run how you feel and not to a schedule for a while.

MC go go go !!

Hi everyone else.  Hope you are having a good day.  The hobnobs are finished so I am out of danger for the moment image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

franny - best to listen to your body and not risk injuries. It is on Sunday

I have left the kids at the park for a bit,going to put my feet up and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet until they ring wanting me to pick them up

• Options

Afternoon,

Franny-I am sure you have made the right decision. Sad news about Bob.

Ecky-pleased that you had a good hols.

Louise-Well done on your 12 miler.

MC-Hope that you have had some nice peace and quiet.

7.8 mile club run in the sun this morning and may do 12 miles with a couple of people who are doing the marathon next week on Sunday- then 2-3 4 milers next week.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

ha - no peace at all - as soon as I had posted that they phoned me to come and get them - they were arguing already!!image

AF - sounds like a good plan in the run up to your marathon

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

franny sis, im a great believer in listening to what your body is telling you. my hip is a bit iffy at the mo too (sometimes i think my back too is worse at hormonal timesimage)so ive decided not to run northsnts ultra tomorrow. its nowhere near as far as NDW but im just a tad worried about getting out in middle of nowhere and then getting stuck. ndw is such a well organised event that you know there are aid stations where you can stop and theres transport or first aid at each. northants is very very remote, the aid stations are often manned by only one or two people so diffucult to return to base.

i think i have a TFL strain (spoke to a pysio friend) so it just needs rest and small mileage to make sure i dont make things worse. may do a small run tomorroe close to home.

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Ecky, aw the shell shop sounds lovely!!! gawd , 7 times round a track is 6 too many for me lol

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

loula - probably a good decision, make sure you get plenty of rest

• Options

Morning all.What a lovely day.Nice and sunny although very windy.Stuck at work this morning but only got 1/2hour to go.Got loads of work to do in the garden today,and also loads of college work.Coming up to the last week.I can't wait to be done with it.I haven't enjoyed this year's course at all.All it seems to have been is a rehash of last year,but with loads more homework,and I haven't really learnt anything new.Last years course was really good so i'm very dissapointed.On the gardening front i'm going to be getting some plants and ordering a new shed.I have neglected my garden for the last 2 years.It used to be lovely,but it is in a bit of a state.I'm looking forward to getting it nice again.

On the running front,i've got a slight niggle with the extensor tendon on my right foot.Nothing serious,it is just a bit painful now and then.I did twist it very slightly at work a couple of days ago,so i'm sure it will settle with a bit of rest and ice.

MC, Good luck tomorrow.

Loula,hope your tfl clears up soon.A wise decision not to race after your exertions in the NDW.

As to running laps,i asked my sister,who was an elite track runner once upon a time,how she got her head around it,and she says when you are in a race with other similar paced runners,you are busy thinking tactically,jostling for position and trying to psyche each other out,so the laps never get boring.Running against the clock like us normal runners do soon becomes boring if the scenery stays the same.