Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done on your run Jude - how annoying being there with nothing to do

• Hope your day has been nicely boring - we know how hard you work Jude!

5 mile run today.

But most importantly I have booked my holiday!!!!imageimage My brother moved to Berlin just after the twins were born 9 1/2 yrs ago and I have never been to visit him and his gorgeous girlfriend. I am going for 5 days at the end of Sept and today I booked my flight. Just me, leaving kids and hubby behind. The plan had originally been to run the Berlin marathon but it sold out quicker than we expected. Am so excited and will be a treat for getting through the summer alive and meeting my degree deadlines of 1st Sept.

chili - great news about the holiday!

• Great news about the holiday Chili! Something nice to look forward to.

Hi Franny and MC!

If I get permission I'm going into school late tomorrow as the pool opening ceremony is in the morning and the team will be involved. Gonna find out about prices and ladies' swim times etc too for me.image

• Hi all

Chili, my ex-husband once filled up the car with diesel by mistake and then did drive off image

MC glad your knee is holding up

Jude - having a pool and track close by will be great - makes it so much easier to be flexible / fit things in when you don't have to organise transport and stuff.

I did the Hills session again Saturday, it's great for me - so close by - and we finish up with coffee and cake and a chat so a bit sociable too.  Had a very lazy Sunday and went for 10 miles this morning, and compared with last week when I felt really sluggish, today was great.  Must have been the day off and a couple of glasses of wine last night image.

• Morning,

Sorry not been around busy at work. Haven't had time to catch up....hope everyone is OK and had a good weekend & had some nice runs.

I had a ncie wekend with Mrs AF after are argument on Friday...went to Bournemouth and the New Forest.....have been talking at the club about doing New Forest Marathon in September ...looks like a nice place to run...We will need to decide by weekend as it is at the end of September and gets booked up early....

Nice morning today just back from 8.1 miles and 5.6 yesterday......still feel slow at the moment.

/t 

morning all

Boss - New forest sounds like a lovely place to run. Glad you had a good weekend

Jude - really exciting about the pool opening, hope you got to the ceremony

I think I am having one of those weeks - I just want to eat everything in sight, don't know if it is greed, stress or hormones or a combination of all 3!!

did have a nice run this morning, and the running is starting to feel easier now, although I did give in and have some walking breaks

OH is off to Milton Keynes so on my own with the kids tonight, so hopefully will get a turbo session in if they behave (I am sure if I let them go on the computers they will be ok!)

and little one has his grade 1 guitar exam today so fingers crossed

• Afternoon all!

AF - Hi! Glad you had a good weekend. New Forest marathon must be lovely.

MC - Good luck for little one's guitar exam. Well done on your run.

Louise - Sounds like your training is going well.

Well, I went to the opening ceremony for the pool. Elif and 4 other big kids had to swim and were filmed for local TV. It was nice but very hot waiting for the mayor to arrive. Bad news is adult swimming times don't start until the 16th July.  There won't be any open swimming. (Generally, only 'fun' pools have open swimming here.) Whoops have to go to a seminar..........

• Book publishers' presentation image At least it was short.image 

Managed a 4 miler again this morning.image I'm on a roll.....

BFN x 

must have been mad thinking I would get a turbo session in!!

got home late - the M1 was closed which just caused traffic chaos round where my school is, picked up youngest son, who had ordered a kindle yesteryday, and it had arrived so I had to help him with that, make food for the kids, still need to feed myself and make the packed lunches. 

Aiming for a long morning session insteadimage

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooimage

loula, how are youimage

• Morning all.

Loula - How was the dance show? Did you get your long run in?

MC - Hope you get a nice long session this morning.

Off to work and going via the park again for a short run. Very hot here at the moment. It was 36C yesterday.image Still no work at school so I'm taking 'The Saffron Kitchen ' today. Anybody read it?

Have a good one! xx   

• Afternoon everyone

Jude - hope you had a nice run. It has just about reached 20C here in the late afternoon sunshine image Nope, have never read it. Is it good? I shall keep an eye out at the library.

16 miles on the bike today.

And my beautiful No.3 girl won her school sports day 100m sprint! imageimage

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Just discovered this thread. I love cake, desserts, puddings etc and I'm training for my first half later this year - please may I join? image today is my rest day and I'm feeling eextreme antsy. 

• Hi Mrs Noel! Welcome to the thread. You'll feel at home here if you like cake.  Some of the others are experts at baking etc whereas I just eat.image Which half are you training for?

Chili - Very well done to no.3 girl. That's brilliant! Did she get a medal? Well done on your bike ride too.

I managed another 4 miler this morning but it was very hot and still even at 7.30 so I struggled a bit. Didn't read as much of my book as I would have liked either as I actually had some work to do!

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Cheers Jude. I'm training for the Stratford with the aim of doing a full next year if I stay injury free with the increased running miles. 

welcome Mrs Noel

chili - massive well done to no 3 girlimage

bit of a mad day today, got my turbo in but not as long as I would have liked, but at least I did some

• Morning all!

Mrs Noel - Is that Shakespeare's Stratford or East London Stratford?

At work. Feels like sitting in a sauna as AC is not working. Did just under 5 miles this morning. Was a bit breezy this morning so better than yesterday. I'm putting on weight though.... Maybe it's the fat turning to muscle...... or maybe I'm just eating too much...lol.imageimage 

Speaking of food I'm off to lunch.....image

x

hi all

4.75 miles this morning with hill reps in the middle, although I did then have more walk breaks than I should have on the way homeimage

did someone mention food??

• Afternoon,

Welcome Mrs Noel.

Well done MC on your hill work.

Jude-Well done on your 5 miler today & 4 miler yesterday. Pleased to here that you are getting out on regular runs.Despite the heat.

Chilli-16 miles on the bike yesterday.Well done on No 3 chlli.

6.6 miles this morning tried to up the apce,but,still only 8.25 minute miles.

• Hi everyone.I hope you are all well.The weather has been lovely this week,so i hope it lasts through the weekend.I've been very busy in the garden,which is looking really good now.We had a new shed arrive yesterday as the old one fell to pieces a few years ago.On the running front,i'm managing to get through my runs without any niggles,and getting back into it very nicely.I am actually enjoying my runs which hasn't really happened since i got injured nearly 2 years ago.I am really looking forward to getting into my marathon training later this year.

Well done everyone on their runs,and well done to the Chili family who seem to be doing very well with their running exploits.

• Hiya

A warm welcome Mrs Noel and am sure you will fit in well with us dafties on here. it has been a bit quiet of late but that's just the time of year I think image How is the training coming along ? What distance are you up to ?

AF...wow did I read that you are going to be doing another marathon...that will be 3 in a year...Hee hee you defo got the bug Boss image Next thing you will be aiming to be a member of the 100 mara club.image I am reading a book about that just now. Crazyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mad folk....LOL

MC well done on your run with hill work in the middle. not surpised you had to  have walk breaks on your return home. Good stuff

Jude. Great running again.you defo got your mojo back now. so happy for you.

Chilli..great biking from you and little Chilli 3.

Well I did a weights session at gym early this morning then went out a nice 10 miler.image was drizzly but warm. Felt v slow but not bothered about that at mo as that's my longest run since my marathon. I have signed up for a few 10k runs so don't really need to be doing any longer distance than that just now.image

Puttin my feet up now and watching the tennis. Oooooooooooo there has been some surpises with nadal and fedderar and Tsonga all out..not to mention sharapova..fingers crossed Andy Murray can make it this year image

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for now happy CRAC friendsimage

• Hi deejay nice to hear from you and so pleased your running mojo is back and better still no pain or niggles.image

• Nice to hear from you DJ.

Franny-Well done on your 10 miler. What booking are you reading? RE 100 marathon club- I have a long way to go!. When we ran the South Downs Marathon a couple of weegs ago, we were talikng to a day who was doing her 220th. She had wanted to do a 100 between her 40th-50th and was going to be 50 a few days after that race. I am thinking of doing 1 may be 2 more this year. Dependant on timing and what some of my other club colleagues are upto. The ones suggested are New Forest on 29/9- which if we do needs to be entered very soon and one on 22/12 the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon which will be a good way to end the year. Will inform you of my decision!!!! 

• MC - well done on your hills!

AF - Go for it! Must be great to have a lot of maras to choose from.  'Only' 8.25 minute miles....... in my dreams....image

DJ - well done on getting your garden straight and on your running. Glad you are enjoying it.

Franny - I hope Andy Murray can pull it out of the hat too. Well done on your 10 miler. As for my running, I'm just so pleased I can get out there. Don't think I ever lost my mojo! I hate not running! Just my location and working hours and the fact I need to spend some time with the kids often makes running very difficult. Hopefully, with the new pool and mini park this will be mostly solved now.imageimage

Anyway, fajitas are on the menü for tonight. Yummy! I lurve spicy food! And caramel ice-cream for afters.image

• Welcome Mrs Noel! image Great to have you join us.

AF - Matt and I are doing Thames Meander Marathon in August if you wanted to play too image Would be lovely to meet you at last.

Jude - sounds like you are able to relax just a little. Really hope you have a great summer.

Franny, MC, DJ good to hear of your runs.

I did pilates today. And will hopefully do LSR tomorrow. Hubby arrives home in the morning and we can't wait to see him (although it has been soooo nice to have a quiet house and time to myself during the day!) The girls and I are about to make a rainbow swiss roll cake as a celebration for his return. If it works out I will post a picture.

BY ECK!!!!!! how are you? hope you and the family are all well

Boss - 'only 8:25 min miles' - lol, that is about the speed of my fast intervals!

• its been complete chaos, and my phone doesnt like this site since they made all the changes