Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Chilli I was so tempted to finish his milkshake too but resisted.

well done all those who got out over the weekend. My training is now back on track - strength today and swim this evening. 

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

chili - great news for your big girlimage

ecky - sounds like you are as busy as ever

Mrs N - well done on the cheesecake eating that does sound good

Louise - no way I could run in that heat, well one

I did a little run this morning, swimming this evening

• Louise - well done on your hot run at the weekend!

Chili - well done to big girl!image

Ecky - good news about the walking group.

Mrs Noel and MC - well done on your training sessions.

Just spoke to my mum and dad on the phone. They are due to come in August.image So excited!

• Hi Mrs Noel

Mathschick, I probably take far too much on image

Just saw results from my 10k yesterday. I managed 1.3.17 in the heat. Just shows how bad it was as 22 were DNF. I have never seen so many have to pull out of a 10k image

• Ooops, sorry, thanks Jude, I am so excited about helping people to get fitter.

well done ecky on yesterday's result - it was really hot. You may/may not take too much on depending on how you look at it. If you can manage it without cracking up and it helps make you happy then it isn't too much. You love helping people and your work with the charity is really important to you. So much better than spending a life on the sofa eating!

• You are right Mathschick. I do love what I do I just need to be a bit more organised as I tend to do everything last min.

• Ah yes ouch.  I am not really on speedy sneakers and therefore leading, I am an improving runner A doing all the races on the grand prix. 

Just some comment on the TdF with GC being the way it is, it would appear likely that in addition to the glory of a stage win, the team winning tomorrow's stage will also take yellow. The following are the highest placed riders for each team and therefore the riders who are most likely (not guaranteed) to be in yellow tomorrow evening should their team win the stage.

1 Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard 12:21:27 2 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun 0:00:01 3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 7 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Sharp 8 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 10 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 11 Nicolas Roche (Irl) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 12 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 16 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida 17 Eduard Vorganov (Rus) Katusha   19 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 29 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 36 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 41 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra) FDJ 43 Davide Malacarne (Ita) Team Europcar 70 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits 109 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Argos-Shimano 0:13:01

I think we can probably discount Tom Dumoulin who, despite being the best placed Argos-Shimano rider is 13 minutes down.  All the rest are within one second.   Comment http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

And so day 2 back at work beckons. Perhaps they'll have my access cards and computer ready today? 

Cheeky easy run planned for lunch. Have a good day everyone. 

• Morning all, fitcamp for me this morning. I need to do some other exercises as I'm losing my core strength.

Methinks Sir Velo may be on the wrong thread.

• Eckytump. wrote (see)

Just saw results from my 10k yesterday. I managed 1.3.17 in the heat. Just shows how bad it was as 22 were DNF. I have never seen so many have to pull out of a 10k image

Bunch of Northern softies image

• Lol Louise, we are just not used to nice weather image

• Afternoon

Sorry not been on but was working all weekend and it was mega busy image But on days off now image yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sounds like good running from everyone. Well done Ecky on your hot 10k and other peeps who got out running. And also on your waling group too.And did you mention firestationimage Hmmmmm hunky firemen imageimage Loullllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa where are you Our Ecky is meeting up at a firestation......

Chilli..lots of celebrations in your house of atheletes.

Louise..mmmmmmmmmmmmm that cheesecake sounds delish.

Jude...haave you managed to the seaside yet??? Oooooo watch yourself on the lego that you don't stand on it...could be ouchy.

I have been for a interval session followed by a short swim and this afternoon CHICO has been out on his 1st official run with me...2 miles and he loved it...image he looed  so cute in his running harness image

Time for a cuppa. Anyone care to join me ????

• Yep Franny, I sure did mention a fire station, I never even gave Hunky firemen a thought, honest image. LOUUUUUUUUUUUUULA.

Did fit camp this morning and am aching like mad. I haven't done exercise like that for ages. I got picked on too because I looked fit so I had to do more than the others that were there. I was happy though that they helped me to get a bit more out of it.

firemen???? I missed that

• Hi all!

Franny - good to hear chico is out running with you.

Ecky - Fitcamp sounds serious.

We went to the beach for a few hours today. It's a bit of a drive but was really worth it. Kids had a lovely time swimming in the sea and building castles etc although they were really zapped and struggled at swimming training this evening. I did a 4 miler while kids were at training  and I also felt very tired from the sun. We hope to go again next week, now we have found a nice quiet beach.

Anyway, off to bed.....image

• Sorry Franny, meant to say well done on your interval session and swim.

Yep Mathschick, my new walking group will be able to start up at a local community fire station.image

Sounds like you have had a lovely day Jude, nitey night.

• Mrs Noel - hope you day went okay. Is it a new job?

Jude - beach sounds lovely. After 3 hot days we and rain again today. Just typical British weather!

Hi Franny, Ecky, MC.

5 mile run for me today image

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Hey chilli, no just back to work after my all expenses paid, 6 month sandy holiday. You'd think knowing when I was coming back would be sufficient for sorting out the details!

• /members/images/623379/Gallery/resized_beach.jpg

My three herberts at the beach yesterday. 

Morning all!

Just off to mother-in-law's for breakfast.

Have a good day. x 

• Morning

Chilli, well done on your 5 miles.

Mrs Noel, 6 mths Sandy Holiday sounds fab.

Morning Jude, brilliant pic makes me wish I was in the Sun. Enjoy your breakfast.

Nothing for me today as I really do feel like I have been nit by a bus. My abs, legs, arms and derriere are all killing me.

• Morning all,

Mrs Noel-Sounds like you have had a ncie 6 months- where have you been?

Jude-Nice picture of your siblings.

Ecky-Hope those aches go away.

Hi MC,Chilli,Louise .....by eck and LLB...how are you?

Ran 5.8 miles on Monday and 5.1 yesterday. Have a bit of an ankle problem at the moment so a bit fed up!! Am doing an evening 6 mile race this evening so fingers crossed it will be ok!! The ex Mrs AF is making her racing debut so my daughters will be watching....

Fingers crossed I will be ok for my 15 mile race on Sunday when it is due to be hot got hot!

hi all

Jude - sounds like a great day at the beach

AF - rest your ankle between now and Sunday, and make sure you are well hydrated

good luck to ex-MrsAF, bet your kids are proud of both of you

• AF - Good luck to you and your ex for this evening. Hope your ankle is OK.  And if it's hot on Sunday, expect to run slower and don't push too hard.

Ecky - Take pride in those aches and pains, you must have worked really hard!

MC - Hi!

Been picking pears all afternoon.image So, I finally feel like a farmer's wife.

Ran 4 miles while kids were at swimming training.image

• Hi Boss, I hope they go away too cos they hurt image. Middle Ecky thinks its as funny as when I fell down the stairs. Please be careful with that ankle too.

Thanks Jude, I reckon I worked too hard, I don't remember ever having doms this bad.

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Alastair, Ecky - I was in Afghanistan. Best thing to say about it is, there was nothing to fill your free time except Phys! 

• Oooo Ecky, that sounds painful!

My legs feel achy today but not sure why. Only did 5 miles yesterday.image

AF - hope your ankle heels quick.

Jude - so lovely to hear your so happy and on holiday image

Long bike ride today.

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Open water swim yesterday at a beautiful new venue plus strength at lunch. 

jude, sounds like a lovely day! 

Ecky, hope you ache less now. Get a foam roller on your legs lol

• I have just noticed your pic Mrs Noel, I take my hat off to you.image I have a stick so I will use that today, I must be getting old. lol

Chilli it was agony and still sore today so trying an easy plod. I have not felt like that since I did boxing club..

Little plod today to loosen legs up and running club later but will just take the newbies. Off to get Big Girls prom dress taken up today.