Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Mathschick are you going up to the Outlaw? 

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

yes, I am helping on the pirate feedstation. Really looking forward to it, but a bit worried about the heat!!

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Sounds such good fun. I'm not a pirate (yet) but would like to try a HIM and, if my body survives, a full. I really don't envy them racing in that heat! Have a lovely day, clap your hands raw and scream yourself hoarse! 

MrsN - nip over to the tri threads!! are you up to a HIM in September - some of us are aiming to do the wild boar - it is in Market Bosworth - Leicestershire. Not sure where you are from

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

That's not far for me but I'm not sure I'd survive it at this point! It's in the pipeline for next year tho so if people are doing it in 2014 I'd be very up for joining in. 

I may do it next year too (not sure I'll survive it this year either!) there is also the outlaw half - there were a lot of pirates there this year and probably next year too

well there are lots of HIM....

why not do a sprint tri this year and see how it goes? If you can swim, ride a bike and run you can probably finish a sprint without specific training (I did last year!)

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

It was the Half Outlaw i was thinking about actually! I've done a fair few tris already, just sprints due to work commitments reducing my available training time! I'm looking at a standard next year and was thinking about a HIM for later in the season so actually the Wild Boar would fit nicely....now I just need to fit my wedding round thatimage

• Helloooooooo

Mathschick can you look out for my m8 Sid in his Morph suit and give him a Well done from me. I call him Super Sid.

Hi Mrs Noel.

LOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA, missed you so much young lady.

Hi Boss, make sure you rest that ankle.

No running for me today as my legs have only just stopped hurting. We had the School summer Fayre and little Ecky was helping on a stall. He spent the afternoon washing cars with his friends for money in the heat and they all donated the proceeds to Cameron's Smile. He was telling people about his Brother too which I thought was just so lovely.image, I even got a bit choked up.

• Morning all!

Ecky - You have a great boy there.Good for him!

Mrs Noel - It's gonna be a busy year for you next year then!

AF - I'm too late but Good luck anyway!

MC - Hope you are having a great day at Outlaw?.

Did just over 6 miles this morning. Rest day tomorrow and we are gonna go to the seaside again.

Have a good Sunday folks!

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Jude certainly is! 

13mi bike ride today then BBQ this afternoon - bonus.

Hope all is well at the Outlaw. 

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

PHEW !! hot one again today peeps so take care out there! Eckyyyyyy!!!!!!!! whens the next trip to little' ampton ??????!!imageimage shhhhhimage...dont tell the Boss, i will have to bling up da trolley to get us home again image

ooo ive had a weekend almost alone, Miss LLB went to a sleepover last night so i tokk myself off out for a nice little jaunt of 19miles and then chilled afterwards with tv and a drink in the garden. got up bright n early this a.am and ambled off for 15 mioes before collecting miss LLB and bringing her home . she then went out with her dad for lunch-now watching tennis !! eek!!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

ecky thats soooo sweet that little ecky did car washing to raise money for Cammieimage

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

imageMC and Mrs noel, all tht talk of Tri is making me tired!!!

• Ecky - so lovely of your lad.

Loula - lovely mileage, and as always I am so envious of your instant recovery! image

Jude - enjoy your day at the beach.

Mrs N - good to see you over on the tri side, lovely folk there too.

Well, I'd hoped to do a run today but didn't manage it. Will try a short run tomorrow cos then on Tues evening I'm doing an aquathon! image Just a short open water swim followed by a run.

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Sounds fab Chilli, good luck.

LLB - come on over to the dark side, you know you want to! 

• Thanks all. I was so proud of him yesterday but I do have to say that he has been in such a mood today that he got an I pod ban image.I suppose he was just tired. He soon cheered up when we took them on our yearly Strawberry picking outing. Big Girl and Middle Ecky made Eton mess for pudding which was just yum.

Chilli good luck in your Aquathon, is your fab Big Girl still on her high image

Loula, well done on your fab runs.

I need to get back into longer distance as I want to do the Birmingham HM in Oct.

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Ecky, sounds like a lovely weekend and well done to your boy.

• Morning Mrs Noel and Thanks. He is such a thoughtful little lad although I suppose I would say that. image

Morning all, wow its lovely and warm here again. I am off to get myself a swimming cossie so I can go swimming with Big Girl later. I have only just recovered from Tuesdays fitcamp image I  may have to take it easier there tomorrow as my running will suffer.

• Morning all,

Sorry didn't have time to report back from my race yesterday. Was hetic as didn't get home until 3.30pm & then had to watch Daughter No 1 in her school musical The Little Shop of Horrors & I haev to say although she was one of the younger ones she made her old father proud.

I guess Franny is celebrating after Murray's great triumph yesterday- what a hero.

My race yesterday was Bewl 15 miles. It was the hottest race I have ever been in& have never seen so many people walking. Last year I ran non stop & did it in 2.09. This year that was simply not possible. It was music to my ears when the lady I was running with said. It is time to walk up the hills!! Residents were spraying us with hoses which was great and there were drinsk stations every 3 miles. A truly outstanding race and very well organised. We crossed the line in 2.29 which was 20 minutes slower than last year. But, finishing was an achivement in itself. The race didn't start until 10.30am so the heat was feroicious with little breeze! Still enjoyed it.The winner finished in 1.30!!!

As my ankle held out I have entered Marathon No3. Which is another semi hilly one called the Chichester Challenge it is Sunday week!! So am tapering. 

• Wow! AF - that sounds like some challenge yesterday! Well done. And your 3rd marathon!!!! WhoooHoooooo!!!!image

Ecky - hope you enjoy your swim. Our pool has closed for the summer image and I really miss it.

• Morning All

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a few celebratory drinkies were consumed last night.to toast the  great Andy Murray..phew what a tough match that was and so pleased he finally managed his goal/dream to win Wimbledon.image 

AF sounds like tough race conditions.mahoosive well done for completing it in that scorching heat. And ANOTHER MARATHON....you certainly got da bug boss image

No running over the weekend for me just lots of nice walks with the family and Chico.Work this afternoon which is rubbish as it loos like being another hot afternoon. Ah well bills don't pay themselves unfortunately.

Have a good day everyone

• Hi all

Yippee for Andy Murray! I didn't see the match as we can't get it here unless we pay for a sports channel but I heard it was a toughie.

Franny - hope work goes quickly and is a nice evening when you finish.

Loula - well done on your awesome mileage this weekend!

AF - well done on your superb race in the heat! And excellent news about the next marathon. go for it!

Ecky - Enjoy your swim later. I'm still waiting for the swim sessions to start at the new local pool......another 10 days I think.

Chili - shame about the pool. Do you have another one nearby? Good luck in your aquathon.

MC - How did it go yesterday? Did you suffer in the heat?

Just back from the beach. It's 35C here today but was quite windy on the beach so didn't feel unbearable. We only stayed a few hours, don't want to burn!  

That'll be the last beach visit for a while as Ramazan starts tomorrow. I'm planning to run/walk just before the evening meal at about 8.45pm but I won't have eaten or drunk anything since about 3.40am. Interested to see how bad I'll feel this time and in this heat...

hello all

ecky - sorry, I hadn't seen your post, but sid is an honorary pirate so he lots of cheers from us. I saw him on the bike and out on the run and was going well, I hope he finished ok. 

the swim on saturday afternoon was great

yesterday was truly amazing, but so so hot. I was up at 4, ate and headed off to Holme Pierrepoint, met up with the others and headed off to the feedstation. Took an hour or so to get it all set up, and then the bikes started coming through. It was hard work, but worse for the competitors. Had a great time, and the time flew. Drank loads, and there were a couple of pirates dedicated to just looking after us, bringing us drinks etc which was needed!  

When we packed up in the afternoon, went back to the watersports centre to watch people out on the run. It was great being there with the pirates, everytime a pirate competitor came into view we started cheering it was amazing

very tired now though!

• MC - Sounds great and worth the tiredness.

Just a question for anybody who has compression socks. I'm gonna ask my mum to bring a pair with her when she comes. (I haven't seen them here.) Which brand would you recommend? and can she get them on line?....Thanks. 

• Thanks, I really enjoyed my swim with Big Girl and her friend. I am not a great swimmer and can only do breast stroke but more or less kept going for nearly an hour although it was slow.

Jude I have X.SOCKS and you can get them online. I love them.

Mathschick, he made it bless him. He did it in 16h 45ish. I was worried as when I checked it said he was DNF but they must have got it wrong.

well done ecky on your swim

Jude - I just use the free socks that I get when I buy shoes from start fitness! They aren't compression though

so glad sid made it

• I am glad too as I know he would have been devastated not to have finished. Thanks too, I may go once a week. The same pool do an early morning swim for just a couple of pounds just need to wait till the kids are off school.

• Jude - I use cheap ones from Lidl. But yes, you can get them online. Always on e-bay but also sold by Wiggle. Hope you survive the heat with no food or water all day image

MC - sounds a great day. Can't imagine doing such an event in that heat. Were there many DNF's?

Hi Franny & Ecky

5 miles this evening. Tomorrow is the aquathlon and I'm very excited image

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Good luck tomorrow Chili and enjoy. 

MC sounds like it was fab, glad it all went well.

ecky, no mean feat to do an hour well done. 

• Hi Chilli.

Thanks Mrs Noel, I was just pootling about though at snail pace for swimmers image. it was nice though as it gets my Daughter doing something other than sat on her kindle.