Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

Ooooo Congratulations Mrs N! image It's a long time since we had a wedding in CRAC Towers. I know we can come up with all sorts of excitement. April is a great month to get married in image

AF - that is funny! image

Jude - all the best for your daughter!

I'm feeling a rather chilled out Chili cos I've had a day offimage After the school run this morning I took the train up to Cambridge for a day of walking, reading, meeting church friends and sitting in the sun for a couple of hours without any children to interrupt the peace. It was truely wonderful. Has to last me through the next couple of months of work plus school hols!

• Options

It's a sunny Friday where is everyone?

8.5 mile club run this morning befoe it got warm.  

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

I'm here!!!!!!!! image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

LOULA!!! you have to stop disappearing!

chili - sounds like a lovely day

MrsN - April is a good month for a weddingimage

AF - I was at work all day in a sweltering classroomimage someone threw a cheese sandwich through my classroom window and it hit me in the crotchimage the kids in my class knew who the kid was though so he will be dealt with

• Options

Hi! Oh it was so hot! 3hr run complete but very tough. And I have blisters for the first time all year cos my feet were too hot. image

On the plus side, my mother has just phone to tell me she won a prize of two tickets to the Ladies Day at Sedgefield race track the week we are up with them on holiday. image I've never been to the races before... wonder if I have to wear a hat?

MC - That does not sound nice.

AF - well done

Loula - Hi! image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done chili - I wouldn't have managed to run in tbe heat this afternoon. the races with your mum will be fun

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
  • Options

Afternoonimage

Chili - Well done on your mega run in the heat! And good you had a nice day off on Thursday.

MC - Missiles through the window? Not nice at all! Hope you can find the culprit.

Hi to everyone else!

Just back from first day of swimming competition where daughter came 1st in all three of her races! image  200m Freestyle, 100m Backstroke and 400m individual medley. Don't know if it will be enough to get her in the Turkish Nationals though as selection is being done on a point system this time.  They will take the top15 swimmers in each age group after finding their average points over 5 events. So 2 more races tomorrow afternoon and then a long wait. 

Anyway, no run today but hoping to get out tomorrow morning when it's cooler.

Have a good weekend all!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Jude - well done to your daughter. The daughter of a friend at swimming club just qualified to represent GB  at the world champs in dubai!

went to parkrun, far too hot and walked quite a bit of the last mileimage, went swimming and was so glad to get into the waterimage then went to the hairdresser and melted from the heat

• Options

MC - She must be very good! How old is she? Not sure when International competing starts..... Anyway, I'm very pleased for Elif as 1st position had eluded her in the city competitions up until now. image How's your hair?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

not sure how old she is - I have never met her, don't think she is very old though. I'll have a look on the swim club website and see if I can find out any info!

hair looking nice - I had my highlights done again to cover up the grey!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

she is 15 - she did it in the 400m individual medley in the European Champs in Poland

• Options

Evening!

Well done to Elif! image Fantastic

Spent the day in London with the family. Now preping for a very big day tomorrow. The Youth and Sunday School are leading the morning service. Ffollowed by six baptisms - we do believers baptism, full immersion in a huge paddling pool in the church garden. My big girl is getting baptised image Followed by a fellowship lunch.

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

6 mile run today, too hot to do any more! 

Wow Chili, sounds like tomorrow will be a lovely day for you, enjoy.

and MC and Chili yes - all the best people marry in April!

• Options

Morning all!

Chili - Hope you have a lovely day today.

Mrs Noel - Well done on your hot run! April should be nice (but try to avoid the 1st!!)

MC - I have a lot of grey and I dye it at home. Last time I went to the hairdressers he said I should give it a rest for a while as it is breaking a lot so it's looking pretty dreadful at the moment image.

Anyway, just back from 9 slow miles in the botanic park. Going to the races in a bit.

Have a good 'un.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

Jude - just the right weather for some immersions in a huge paddling poolimage 

Jude - I only have mine done about every 6 months or so, because it is done really close to my natural colour and it is foils (highlights) rather than full colour I don't get that horrible line as it grows

well, didn't get up for my bike ride, feeling tired and we have a big day ahead - big boy is playing concerts at a country park, we have to get him there for 10:30 and he won't finish till 5 so we will be there all day. It gets really busy so not a good idea to drop him off and return as we would never get parked again. Going to take a book and a picnic!

• Options

MC - Sounds like a nice day to spend a Sunday, as long as it doesn't get too crowded and a great way fro big boy to get performance experience, good for him.

Back from the swimming. 2 more races and 2 more 1sts! Just got to wait now for the results from all over the country. To be honest, it's unlikely she'll get in this time as it's the first 15 girls overall, not for each event. But she's so pleased about the weekend, it may not even matter that much to her.image 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Wow, Jude - she couldn't have done much better, fab results

today went well and wasn't too hot or crowded so a lovely day, bit shattered now though and really don't feel like cooking or making packed lunches etc!

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Well I've been out on the bike today and bumped into my neighbour. Turns out he's spent years working around bikes and racing on the Aussie circuit. He's done a free bike fit for me today and I have a new training partner! 

In wedding news, I now have a venue, photographer, band, violinist, various decorations and a cake. Dress shopping Tuesday, a visit to a florist and calls to two wedding car suppliers await. This stuff is easy lol

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

MrsN - great news on the bikeimage

and well done for getting wedding stuff done

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

*boings in *

hellooooo????????oo well Dione elif on swim again !!

aw chili your poor tootsies image soak in cool foot Bathimage

mc, I will try not to disappear too much , just seems to b v busy time lately ! How is your injury?

boss! Boss! Did u see the medALS for thedowns link Ultra?image

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Oo and I was hot on the entry button yesterday morning  for ndw50 next year - I'm in! Number 28- I like a low number so I can fold it small on my leg image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

loula, well done on getting into ndw50

my knee is getting there slowly, physio reckons it is basically a tracking issue and ITBand tightness, so lots of quad strengthening for the tracking and stretching for the IT Band and it is improving. I am running a bit - finding it so hard building up again but I know I can do it!

• Options

Evening everyone

Well done to Elif again! That is fantastic Jude. I bet you are all bouncing in your house imageimage

Mrs N  - Great news on both accounts image

Loula - What is your next event? Are you still doing the 85mile Ridgeway something? What training are you doing at the moment?

MC - sounds a lovely day.

Well, our morning went extremely well. Of course it was complete chaos but so much fun. Everyone loved the service. Then the baptism was wonderful and a really joyful celebration then lots of food for everyone to share. Was great.

But I seem to have lost all motivation to do anything but sit in the garden in the shade. It's a bit unlike me. I have a huge mountain of work on my desk and was going to run this evening and don't want to do anything.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

chili - glad your day went well. Have the evening off and just chill! You probably need to

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Ooo mc I hope it improves , at least you know wht it is now . I had tight Itb whn I first started running , it eased off after a whlie though . 

chili I'm not doing ridge no , I'm deferring til next year which means I may end up doing an 85 2 weeks after ndw100 so we will see. I decided tht I just havnt had enough consistent training to complete 85 as I'd wish to - ie not on my knees .

Im happy to do 50 on no training but 85 and through the night is different , so next year it is. My training is my usual randomness lol 

• Options

Morning!

Dropped the girls at school and then did normal 5 miles. Already soooo hot.

anyone fancy a cuppa and a piece of lemon cake? image

• Options

Flying visit....

LLB-No I haven't seen the medals- I am going to be jealous. 3 of the people I am doing the marathon with next Sunday are doing it. So hopefully we will meet at long last!!

Mrs Noel-Sounds like you are very well organised.

Hi Chilli,Ecky,Franny etc etc...

6.8 miles with some club members yesterday morning at 9am. It was very hot and I sholdn't had had so much vino the night before!!!

• Options

Hi all!

Chili - lemon cake would be lovely, thanks. Sounds like a crazy , lovely day yesterday!

Just back from the open air fun pool, where kids have been on the water slides all day. Was great fun but the kids are very tired and the boys fell asleep in the car on the way home.imageimage

I start swimming tonight at the new pool. (8 sessions booked over 4 weeks.) Haven't swum properly for 2 years so should be hard but I'm looking forward to it. It's Mon and Thurs 9.30 - 10.30pm and coz it's Ramazan I may be the only one in the pool. image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Jude - ooh enjoy your swimming, enjoy the rare luxury of having the pool to yourself

any cake left?