Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done MrsN - you would have been quicker without waiting for the marshals to flap as well! Were you at birmingham then? You know we need a longer race report than that!

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

I was indeed. Ok well here goes!

So, parked up a surprising distance from transition itself and survived the big queue to get in. As per with this organiser, transition was a bit chaotic. Massive queue to get in, had to push past the next wave who were going in an hour early! As the spots weren't numbered it was a case of grab any space, including along the barriers.

Swim was great, went really well. I deliberately started at the back but reckon I was easily in the first quarter by the time I got out. Wetsuit came off fast, off onto the bike when, horror of horrors I note no chip! Told a Marshall, cue much flapping and indecision on their part before sending me off with a promise to manually record. 

Bike went pretty fast, mostly flat with a couple of noticeable slopes but all good. Then onto the run after a good rummage around the area for that stupid chip! No luck so off onto the course.

The drink station was straight out of transition then onto a longish, evil, hill! The rest was mostly flat again. Sadly, on the first lap a Marshall clocked my absent chip and mentioned that they have no facility to manually record. Oh. Perhaps the kick to my morale is partly responsible for my loss of mojo on the run or perhaps it just wasnt my day. I felt like the run was a bit of a struggle and couldn't pull a massive push out the bag at the end. 

So I'm not sure of my splits but I do know I finished in around 1:27 so that isn't too bad. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

great reportimage

shame about the chip. I don't like the sound of the chaotic transitionimage

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Yeah I got lucky and spotted somewhere right by the bike in and out but some people were wandering around looking for ages. Why tell people they can't enter until 20 mins before if you then let people in an hour in advance, leaving no spots?

• Options

Morning,

Great reports MC and Mrs Noel- What tri's were you doing?

Nandy-Well done on your 10k pb.

Just a flying visit...7 miles with the club and a further 7.6 yesterday morning.

Was a bit gutted anout my marathon being cancelled but we were saying yesterday when we were running that it would have been hard work in the heat!!!

Hi Ecky,Chilli,LLB,DJ etc etc

• Options

Morning all image

Well done MC and MrsN on your respective Tri's.  Holding on to the side sounds about my swimming level image

Ecky, hope your boy has recovered from his fall.

Jude, I'm not surprised you are exhausted!  It is so hard to exercise during Ramadan, hydration just goes out the window and that is such a major factor in fatigue.

I did the Wycombe half yesterday, took it very easy.  Meet up with a running friend from Dubai and we did the whole thing together, 2h25 - she was not feeling great and I didn't want to push at all, so we chatted the whole way which helped pass the time.  We were really lucky with the weather and it stayed cool the whole way.  This week is taper week so a lot easier.

• Options

Louise well done on your 1/2 yesterday. It is enjoyable running a race with a firend and having a good chat. So what are you tapering for?

• Options

Down Tow Up Flow half in Marlow this Sunday.  Hoping the weather will be kind to me.  Despite Dubai training I do still slow down if the temp goes over 25ish, especially if it is humid.

• Options

Well done to all the racing peeps!

Mrs Noel - disappointing about your chip but well done on knocking 7 minutes off your PB! What were the distances for each part?

Louise - well done on your half. Must be nice to run with a friend and have no pressure. Good luck for next week!

Nandy - Excellent about your PB! Well done to you too! (Sorry you were sick at the end!)

MC - Well done! You did great especially with your knee to contend with. What were your distances?

I read up a bit on tris yesterday. I would be really interested if there were any tris here (I don't think there are) and I could get all the equipment necessary (I don't even have a bike!!)

AF - well done on your running over the weekend.

Hi everybody else. 

Well, I wanted to do a long run yesterday but only managed 7.3 miles in the end. Just got too thirsty and I got a bit scared I was gonna collapse or something. I suppose it's longer than I'd managed all week!image No run today but I'm swimming after the iftar meal.

BFN xx

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

afternoon everyone

only one day to go at school, thank goodness. It has been a drag today

AF - I was doing Woodhall Spa tri in Lincolnshire. I think MrsN was at Birmingham

Jude - take care running in the heat, specially if you aren't drinking, recipe for disaster really. You might find some aquathons (swim then run) if you haven't got a bike!

rest day for me todayimage

• Options

MC - I doubt if there are any aquathons here but I'll do a bit of research - you never know...  As for the no drinking water (that is a main requirement for Ramazan), I haven't been able to run for a lot of the year so I really don't want to sit out for a whole month. I'm playing it very safe - you should see the speed I'm running, lol!  image

• Options

Congratulations on all the races! Wow, we were busy over the weekend.

Jude - well done on all that you are managing

Ecky - how is your lad?

Horrible run just now. My twins are still in school, but the other two have broken up so this morning I took them out on the bike for a few miles. But it was too hot!

Then at 7pm I headed out for 5 mile run but it was still too hot! Absolutely yucky. It tried to rain at one point but that just made the air even thicker and horrible and it wasn't enough to cool me down at all. So I shortened it to 3 miles. Am hoping to do 5 miles through the woods tomorrow.

But I have some very exciting news! image For 5 years I have been working at a small desk that I couldn't get my legs under. This last year I have done all my studying sitting on my bed so I could have my books next to me. Today my hubby bought me an old mahogany desk with dark green leather inlaid top from e-bay. It's beauitful image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

chili - the desk sounds wonderful!

certainly is very hot and humid, I am going to attempt a run in the morning but I don't think the temperature is going to drop much in the night

all the other threads seems to be brokenimage

• Options

Chili - What a lovely present! Enjoy the desk - It sounds very nice!

Just back from my swim. The session started half an hour earlier than last week and it seemed all the other swimmers had been told. When I asked the woman in charge she said that probably I had been swimming and so hadn't heard!!! Of course I'd been swimming - it's a swimming pool!!!!image Anyway, managed 46 lengths  in the time that was left.image 

Off for a cuppa.

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Enjoy your last day at school MC.

Jude, don't know how you cope in that heat!

I've felt really drained yesterday and again today. Not sure if its lack of sleep, the heat or what but yesterday I couldn't even face a recovery run as I would usually do. Oh well! Out on the bike and a strength workout on the cards today. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done on the swim Jude

MrsN - I am also feeling pretty drained and finding running a struggle, but I am forcing myself out

ran 4 miles in a thunder storm this morning.  I do love storms, but it was so warm and humid the rain didn't feel very refreshing at all

• Options

Morning,

MC-Running in a thunderstorm sounds fun. Enjoy your last day at school.Any plans for the holidays?

MrsN- I too am feeling drained what with sleeping badly due to the heat/humidity.

Chilli-That sounds a great prsent. Mrs AF bought me a new watch last week to celebrate 10 years togetehr which was a ncie surprise.

Jude-Well done on your swimming. 

Still hot and humid here - no thunderstorm yet to clear the air- but forced myself out at 7.15 to do 8.11 miles in 1.10. 

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Glad it's not just me, I was worried I might be coming down with something! 

Well done MC, I've done my strength and will ip out for an hour or so on the bike later. 

AF, 10 years - how lovely and congrats. We've had the storm now, it's still muggy though but starting to brighten up.

• Options

Awww, AF - that is lovely image

Jude - well done on your swim

MC - Oooh, I love being out in storms too, but I know what you mean about the heat. MrsN - its deffinitely affecting our running.

Well after yesterdays really yucky run that I cut short, I took my Big Girl and we went to the woods. Absolutely fantastic run. One of those where you feel like you are flying. My daughter can beat me over a flat 3miles, but 5miles on zigzagy, uppy/downey woodland trails I can just about hold my own image *Boing! Boing! Boing!*

• Options

MC - threads are still broken image

• Options

Hi all!

Well done on all your runs in the sticky heat. Oh for some woodland trails!!image

AF - Congratulations on 10 years!

4 slow miles this afternoon. image

Breakfast time. BFN

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

stayed in bed as it is first day of the holiday, but kids were up and arguing by 6:30image

last night we had the worst rain I have seen in my life, it was litterally coming down in bucketloads - we had about 3 inches in 30 minutes, and discovered some leaks around the house. Not much chance of getting them fixed before we go away on Friday but hopefully there won't be rain as bad as that for a while! I am glad I didn't go to the staff do as I don't think I would have got home - all the roads round here were flooded

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

with all these broken threads I am going to have to do something like housework with all my timeimage

taking the kids to get their hair cut first though. One of the main roads out of my town is closed due to floodingimage

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

I'm having to work - shocking!

• Options

Still no rain for us although not quite as humid today.

MC-Enjoy the hols and your holiday. Where are you off to? We go to Wales and staying near Cardigan Bay on Saturday week.

Chilli-Well done on your run yesterday. 

Jude-Well done on your 4 miler yesterday.

Hi Mrs N,Ecky,LLB, beeck,Nandy,DJ etc etc

Decieded to go for a run after I dropped my daughters so managed 6.3 miles along the river this morning. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

the threads are working againimage

much nicer temperature here today

just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow morning, heavy rain for when I was planning to go running - may have to run tonight instead and turbo in the morning. 

• Options

Well done on all the races at the weekend.Loads of good running,swimming and cycling in the heat.

Going for a run tonight,and looking forward to it being a bit cooler.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

HI DJ

I had a run last night and although it was pretty humid it was much more pleasant for running in than it has been lately

the kids are driving me round the bend already with their arguing!! Hopefully it is being fuelled partly by the excitement of our impending holiday - we go tomorrow

• Options

I saw this today and thought you all might find it inspirational. image

/members/images/728570/Gallery/76308_10152078613447355_258932831_n.jpg

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

great picture Mr Chili - the look on the kid's face on the left says it all