Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• HI AF - welcome home. Sounds a great holiday.

Franny - lovely to have you back too. Wow, Chico is a a year?! That has flown by. Good news on your son's job.

MC - well done on the swim.

My girls did their first aquathon this evening! imageimage Am soooo proud of them. 100m OW swim and 600m run. They said it was freezing and horrible and they can't wait to do it again. It's the first time they have swam open water and they found it quite a challenge. All the children came out complaining of a headache cos of the cold water. Lovely chunk of a medal image

Then an hour later it was the adult's turn. So I did 500m swim, 5.5k run. Great fun. (despite mild migrane and feeling nauseous all day)

• chili - well done to your girls, and you. Hope your headache and sicky feeling has gone

had a nice run this morning, always difficult to get up ridiculously early when I am not going to work myself but needed to be back before OH leaves. Still run/walk but I did some hill reps. Off to the physio later today.

• Hi MC - we are definitely on a difference schedule today. Girls only woke up at 9.20am! image Absolutely unheard of! I think last night wore them out. Today will as well. We are cycling 22miles and swimming again in a Lido this time image

• well done wearing your kids out! Mine set their alarms even during the holidays. They know they aren't allowed downstairs or playing on computers till after 7, so they set their alarms to make sure they are up before then! Madness

think I had better do some housework, I have been trying to avoid it!

• Good to here from you Franny...

Chilli- I am jealous of you getting your girls active- just can get my step sons & daughters active at all.

MC-Computers- kids----urghhh

6.3 miles this morning a bit achey after my bootcamp yestreday.

• Afternoon all

Well done Chilli and the girls on your aqauthon...sounds like they had fun and tired them out too...Bonus.....Hope your feeling better and headache is gone.

DJ....that's great news about your massage   always a weight off the mind to know there is no injury I think once you have had a bad injury and been out of running for a long time its always at the back of your mind that its going to happen again.Enjoy your run tomoz.

MC..well done on getting up early and dong your run.

AF..well done on your 6.3 miles..must have missed your bit about bootcamp...was that a hard sesh then????

Jude hope your feeling better today.

Loula sis...What you up to today???

Ecky...how are you doing..back out running yet????

I just went to gym and did some  weights core work and interval sessions on the crosstrainer,bike and rowing machine..20 secs flat out 10 secs recovery for 10 mins on each thing. Was sweating buckets after that...LOL Just back from a walk with Chico up at the reservoirs which is one of his fave places as he can have a swim.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

• franny-Yes it was the first time I had done something like that. I think it was enjoyable!! 

• Hee Hee  AF..will you be doing another one ????

Has anyone thought of doing the INSANITY thing...A bit pricey but looks like you get results..Only thing putting me off is the fact that we live on the 2nd floor and worried all the jumping and pylo stuff would be too noisy for the neighbours below us. Not sure if buying a crash/exersize mat would possibly block out the noise or not??????  

• franny - have you read any of the insanity thread? Seems to get results but very hard! The price puts me off!

• Yeah MC I have had a look at the thread And agree its pricey but I would be willing to pay if Id know for sure about the noise to the neighbours below us plus would I actually do it Lol On the fence at the moment with it

• I have always found with any DVD thing I do it for a week or so then get bored!

had a headache all dayimage

• AF - yes, i know how lucky I am with my girlies. I guess we started young enough for it to become our lifestyle and they are all as bouncy as I am image

DJ - good to know you are okay.

What's Insanity? Will have to go have a read.

Today we cycled 23 miles and spent 1hr 30 in the Lido. Cleaned our bikes after dinner and they are now chillin' with a movie and hot choc before collapsing into bed. I need to find the motivation to write an essay image

• Morning ALL

Wow Chilli well done on your big cycle and swimming.Well deserved hot choccy..another long lie I guess today for your girlies????? INSANITY is a set of DVDs focussing on high intensity exersizes but its pricey around £100 but folk who have done it have certainly seen results.

6.2 miles for me this morning and now off to visit my mum

Have a great day everyone whatever you are all up to.

DJ..hope your run goes well today image

MC.hope your headache has gone away and your feeling better today

• Morning Franny - I looked up Insanity. Looks painful! image

My girls have gone on strike. They are refusing to get dressed until lunchtime, which considering that they are only now having breakfast, might be rather late. They have decided they are reading and sewing (?) for the rest of the morning. image

• Franny-Well done on your 6.2 miles. I think I have see that Insanity thing advised on Sky. Not sure I can be bothered with all the DVD things. I still use the Wii fit daily to do sit ups,push ups etc to get me going. 

Chilli-You must have woen them out!!

MC-Hope your headache goes away.

4.3 mile run this morning and then some physio on my leg.Shin splints are slowly getting better!!    

• still not feeling great today so having a rest day. Little boy swam his mile so we went for a cake. 

chili - enjoy the pyjama day! Sewing, blimey, mind you sewing seems to  becoming trendy again as some of the younger people at work have started going to sewing  lessons and making skirts etc. I hate sewing and wouldn't do it for pleasure but can manage to fix things and do buttons etc. I think I hate it because my mother is really into it and makes costumes for theatres and the Southwell Workhouse (a National Trust place - on old workhouse)

• morning all

feeling a bit better but another rest day I think

• Morning all!

Just caught up on all your news. Franny and Loula - good to have you back.

AF - holiday sounded lovely!

MC - Get well soon!

Chili - well done on the cycling and the biathlon! We do sewing sometimes  but the kids get bored with it quickly. I like cross stitich as you really don't have to think too much and I love working with beautiful colours- very twee and old ladyish I know!! 

Matt - are you injured? What a shame about the marathon!

Hi everybody else!

Well I've been back in action since Sunday. Don't know what the bug was but nobody else got it thank goodness. Had a blitz on the garden on Sunday because it had got embarassingly weedy and my parents are Serious gardeners!image They arrived on Monday, so we've been busy having mornings out etc. Still managed to run or swim everyday and soooo pleased I'm going a bit quicker now I'm not fasting.

It's our wedding anniversary today. 16 years!!! Gonna have a BBQ this evening but nothing else planned today.

BFN folks.x

• Morning image

imageimageHappy 16th Anniversary Jude..hope you have a lovely day. well done on getting out running and swimming every day and pleased you are feeling better. Must be noce having your parents visit..Enjoy

MC..glad you are feeling better too and taking it easy.

AF..hope the physio went well yesterday and that  your shin splints are getting better.

Chilli...what you and the girls up to today...More swimming/cycling ???? What date is your marathon?

Just a gym day for me today and will be resting up tomoz as have club handicap race on Sunday morning.

Have a great day everyone and its FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY so lets party girls and boys imageimage and have some fun fun fun...loula we need some hot men to join us and you better find some nice ladies to keep the boss happyimage 

• happy anniversary Judeimage

and good luck for Sunday Franny

• Congratulations Jude image Have a great BBQ

Hi Franny, I'll join your party image

MC - how are your bug bites? Mine have swollen up so horrible.

Just back from a rather damp 9 miles slow run for me with girls on the bikes. They each have a friend arriving to play for the afternoon and I'm getting the craft boxes and make up out. Marathon is next Saturday image

• chili - mine are going down now

my boys have been playing nicely with the warhammer stuff all day so I am just leaving them to it! I decided to use up some of the allotment veg my mum has given us by making courgette fritters and salad for lunch with courgette muffins. Didn't have enough self raising flour, so used oatmeal (I often use oatmeal instead of flour anyway) then discovered baking powder and bicarb both just with a teaspoon left! The muffins turned out ok, phew, although my youngest turned up his nose (think it when I admitted to the green stuff being courgette not apple)

• Congratulations Jude 16 years. It seems to be party weekend so let's celebrate!!!!!

Franny-Behave yourself with your pictures- every dodgy bloke picture has to have an equally loevely picture of a lady- Hoe about theat Russian pole vaulter to start with? Yes my shin splints are slowly getting better. I am lucky that they don't hurt when I run.

MC-Courgette muffins sounds interesting!! Pleased you are feeling a bit better.

Chilli-Well done on your 9 miler.

15.6 mile club run this morning we were lucky as the weather wasn't as bad as it was meant to be!! 

• MC, Hope your feeling a bit better now.Sounds like you've had some cullinary fun this morning.

Jude, Happy Anniversary.Glad you are feeling better.

AF,Hope the physio went well.

Franny,Good luck on Sunday.

Did a 5k run last night.Pushed hard and ran my fastest time this year.Still slow but only a couple of minutes off my target of 30 mins.When i hit that target i will be ready to go back to club training and do some Parkruns.Hopefully next month.My hammy came through unscathed and isn't hurting too much today.

Going to do 7 slow miles on Sunday hopefully.

• Morning all.

DJ - well done on your fast 5k. It's good to have a target and sounds like you'll be hitting it soon.

AF - well done on your 15 mile club run. It's good that your shin splints don't hurt too much.

MC - courgette fritters sound lovely! Yummy! We are ploughing our way through Nushi (sp.?) at the moment from the garden. (A cross between pears and apples-lovely!), also melons, figs, nectarines, peppers and loads of tomatoes. 

Franny - good luck for your race tomorrow!

Chili - well done on your damp 9 miles. Hasn't rained here for weeks and weeks.....

Hi everybody else!

A 6 miler for me this morning. Very humid and it was 25C at 6.30am......

Have a good Saturday! x 

• Morning everyone

Jude well done on your 6 miler in humid conditions.

AF.well done on your 15 miles yesterday and that is good about the shin splints.

Chill well done on your 9 miles too...Ooooooooooo not long till the mara now

DJ...that's great news about your running and that your hammy is doing alright.

Loula...is still out partying somewhere I guess imageimage 

MC...how are you feeling today ????

Plans for today are Chico walking and then handicap race tomoz.....never done one of these before so will be fun....image I think...ha ha

Have a good Saturday everyone.

• morning

well done on your run Jude

still headachy, but I think is it sinuses caused by hayfever. So, didn't get up and go out on the bike but did go to my club swim. Glad I did, despite sitting in a traffic jam for half an hour as I do feel like I have exercised, enjoyed it and maybe the water will clean out my sinuses a bit!

• Aw Well done  Mathschick image

Read good news about our Matt and that his injury is better so will be running the Mara with Chilli.....she will be thrilled about that...GO GO CRAC TEAM image

• oooo morning all!! or isit afternoon ?image

• yay I saw on mushbook that Matty is doing the mara too sis!!! go go Matty !!!!