The Snowman & The Snowdog.

Who watched this brilliant programme over Christmas? I bet that the song Light The Night by Andy Burrows, which was used when they were flying through the air, will be a number one hit soon. image

Comments

• I watched it - but didn't think much of it to be honest. A repeat of the first but with ye addition of a (quite cute) Snowdog.

I can't see it being a big a hit as the first but it was a pleasant half hour.
  • I found it disappointing

• it was ok. bit of the Scrappy Do's about it. i think if I'd never seen the snowman I might have enjoyed it more but I was unmoved, whereas the snowman leaves me in bits.

i didn't like the song much either.

my 13 year old nephew thought it was the worst thing he had ever seen.

• You miserable people. image

• I watched it with my kids, and they both loved it image
  • Rickster wrote (see)

You miserable people. image

you are easily fobbed off sir, with samey sequels and cutesy dogs image

• I liked it, so did our little fella image

• Nothing can beat the dulcet tones of the Welsh wizard Jones as he warbles on about walking in the air. Guaranteed to bring a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. As the other Welsh Jones said "it's been emotional"

• Thought Aled Jones only did the single, it was another lad that sang on the film?

• The version on the tv programme was sung by a choirister called Peter Auty, then Aled Jones recorded the single.

• the animation was wonderful but the song annoyed the piss out of me, and the story was exactly the same, disapointing 

• "my 13 year old nephew thought it was the worst thing he had ever seen."

I trust he didn't watch the Royle Family Christmas 'special?'  I had never seen this programme before, despite the mulititudes praising it to the heavens, so when I switched on I was a tad suprised to see a moving documentary about 3 mentally ill people sitting on a sofa a la "Waiting for Godot"

For about 5 minutes.  Realised it was not going to be funny and turned over.

• Dicky M wrote (see)

"my 13 year old nephew thought it was the worst thing he had ever seen."

I trust he didn't watch the Royle Family Christmas 'special?'  I had never seen this programme before, despite the mulititudes praising it to the heavens, so when I switched on I was a tad suprised to see a moving documentary about 3 mentally ill people sitting on a sofa a la "Waiting for Godot"

For about 5 minutes.  Realised it was not going to be funny and turned over.

The Royal Family isn't to my taste either. At least the Snowman & The Snow Dog was festive.

• "Snowdog" was very sweet but not all that different from the original. Bit of a wasted opportunity I thought.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I was dozing off in front of the telly when it came on.  My ears pricked up when I heard the song, mainly because of how shite and inappropriate it sounded, compared to the beauty of the song in the original.  (Made even better when I too learnt that it wasn't Aled Jones singing!)