Roding Valley Half Marathon

Recently entered with just under 9 weeks to go.

Will be my first HM, and as its local to me, i probably do some recceing before hand to look at the 'underlation'.

I am aiming for the 2 hour or so range, so who's going and if anyone has done it before  - any tips?

thanks.

Comments

• actually at present 251 ppl have pre registered

only 1249 until the limit image

• I supported a mate there last year, worth checking out the "undulation" as it goes on for a while, but nicely balanced by downhill afterwards - don't forget it's 2 laps

• A_Smith runs wrote (see)

I supported a mate there last year, worth checking out the "undulation" as it goes on for a while, but nicely balanced by downhill afterwards - don't forget it's 2 laps

3 laps. 1 small one at the start then the 2 big ones

think I'll go out and practice buckhurst hill beforehand as this broke me last year on laps 2 and 3

• gatters wrote (see)

think I'll go out and practice buckhurst hill beforehand as this broke me last year on laps 2 and 3

I didn't think the route took in all the big climb in Buckhurst Hill (Palmerston Road) thought it did a left a little way up the hill then headed towards Woodford Station?

• yeah, it does take a left part way up. it was the short bit at the bottom that broke me though, not really sure why but it got me both times