Lower backpain while running during and after?

Basically my back hurts like hell when I'm running I can usually run just over a mile before it starts to hurt and I need to slow down to a walk until the pain eases and I can start up again. My back also hurts the morning after. My question is am I simply being a big wuss? Is back pain normal? If its not what can I do to prevent it? I only slow down and stop because of my back I never stop because I'm out of breath or my calves are burning it is always because of the pain in my lower back and I am unable to deal with it without slowing and walking. I currently own a quite scrappy pair of running trainers and also barefoot running Vibram Five fingers KSOs I started running with the Vibrams and after I got backpain I assumed it was because of the barefoot running shoes so I stopped rested for three weeks (as I went on holiday) and switched back to normal running shoes when I returned and the back pain is still there. Its also worth mentioning that I get the same problem when doing situps however it only hurts enough to bring me to a stop If I push myself more than usual. 
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments