motivation

Happy New Year to every one. has any one got any ideals as how i can get my motivation back for running have lost in the last 18months

Comments

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
  • Enter a race. Join a running club.

Or find something else like swimming, cycling or whatever that does motivate you.
  • I'm having the same sort of problem. One thing that really motivated me when I began running was the website stickk.com. I committed to run 5 days a week and it really worked!

If you're interested in using it and want a referee, I'm looking for one too so let me know! Hope this helps!

• bk42bk42 ✭✭✭

I need a kick up the rear end too! Been out with an injury, but desperately want to have that running feeling back in my legs. Im finding it very hard to keep the motivation going, I have been looking at the loch ness races - look good. Sign up for a race and Ill give you a kick should you need it!

• Motivation can be lost but 18 months is a long time to be without it. Running can be about distances that you dont think you can do and you have something to prove. Running can be about a time you dont think you can do and you have to work hard to get it. But sometimes running should maybe just about one foot in front of another. Your profile has you down as from Merseyside. There are 2 races on this saturday - Princes parkrun at 9:00 and Halewood 5k at 10:00. Pick one and run it. If the first though tinto  the head is 'I dont want to be running a 5k' on a saturday morning, give it a 'why not' and see what gives.