It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well I had been running for a while and thought I was pretty fit for a 31 year old male. I then started this Interval Training.
- I heard somewhere to do this. On the treadmill, run very fast for 8 seconds, then hop to the sides and rest, with your feet on the sides, for 12 seconds. Then repeat, for 20 minutes, all to lose fat.
- I normally can run at a level 8 (on treadmill) for 30 minutes straight pretty easily. So I decided to try Interval Training.
- After a 5 minute warm-up and stretching, I went to a level 13 on the treadmill. 8 seconds running, then 12 seconds standing on the sides. After 5 minutes I felt like I was breathing razor blades and had to stop.
- Now, I do the warm-up, then run very fast at level 16. 8 seconds running fast, and 12 seconds standing on the sides, for 30 minutes straight, all the way through.
- My heart rate is at over 170 for half the time, and between 179 - 189 for at least 12 minutes. I don't feel sick either. Right at the very end after 30 or 35 minutes. I keep running at level 16 for maybe 80 seconds non-stop and my heart rates goes to 200 bpm. It's kind of addictive for me to do that right at the end, I feel a little sick in the guts when I slow right down and am fighting hard for breath like you wouldn't believe, but my heart rates drops down pretty easily in about a minute.
- I then walk at a level 6, then 5, then 4, for a cool-off period.
- I then do more stretching, then eat some protein and a small bowl of pasta with no sauce.
- The reason why I'm after some confirmation, is because I keep reading how people are running as fast as they can, then for a rest or recovery period, are jogging or walking slowly. I just hate adjusting the speeds on my treadmill all the time. Plus from level 16, down to level 5 on my treadmill takes like 13 seconds.
- So is what I'm doing OK?
- I've been doing this about 3 or 2 days a week, other days in the week I go back to just doing a 30 minute lower level running. I also lift weights 2 or 3 times a week.
- all for about 2 months in total. I havent really lost any weight. But I think I've lost fat. I can tell by my waistline and visible muscles.
- I'm 31, male, 6 foot, 86 kg