Talkback: Recipe: Slimming cereal

I'm going to give this a go this weekend!  I'm after a pre run meal/snack that'll set me up for the run, any ideas?  Am training to do an ultra event next year so want to get training now!

Comments

• Porridge, of course!

• This one should get you rocking if you use the cider option they suggest.
  • On my morning long runs, my pre-run meal is eaten at about 6pm the previous day. Not eating first thing might help your training to more efficiently burn fat on your ultra training. Your pre-run snack will just get your carb burners fired up. But if you must .. Porridge

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

I loved the cider suggestion, too, as I fail to believe the cooking time is enough to evaporate the alcohol.  Start the day as you mean to go on image

Pre-run I'll just have a banana or white toast with honey.  I do shorter runs on fresh air, but Also-ran is tougher than me!

• Jools, my tough image is blown. 9 miles into todays run I was feeling short on energy. Rather than go for a gel, I diverted to Windsor, stopped at Patisserie Valerie, and had a mille feuille.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Mille feuille v gel is no contest.  Don't blame you!

• I don't tend to eat first unless the run is over 15 miles, but I now think I am going to have a pint of cider and a pretty pastry and see what happens.