cycling events around bristol

Hi peeps

as you know im new to this and just got my bike and was wondering if anyone knows of any good cycling events around bristol to get me going. I suppose something around 40 miles plus would be good

I might try and join a local cycling club when i found one

regards

Comments

• Chippenham Wheelers hold sessions at Castle Combe on a Wednesday where you just bomb around the circuit. Open to non-club members.

There is a sportive where you cycle from Brsitol to W-S-M and then get a coach back again. I think it's in July but can't be certain.

There is also the Great Western Sportive that sets off from Castle Combe and goes over one of the Severn Crossings.

Best to check out cyclosport.org or Evans Ride It. BHF also do bike rides as do Bike Events Online. (Sorry, can't do links)
  • KilotoGo also have a sportive coming in Bristol later this year

• LVIS audax in March. The Black Rat in May. The Dragon Ride in South Wales is awesome but probably full already. There's the Forest of Dean Spring Classic. If I think of any more, I'll post them. All can be easily found on google.

Bristol Road Club is the biggest club I think but there are several.
  • 19th may there is one from portishead..........17th march one from longleat................July.......abergavenny cycling festival

i'm looking for some earlier ones