Bala 2013

13»

Comments

• Nice one Slim, well done! Sorry i missed supporting you all too.  Glad you got nice weather, bit of a change from the apocalyptic wind and rain a couple of years ago, hahaha!

• Nice to meet a few pirates there at a very hot day. Down on numbers and pirates but I am sure that may change in the future, tough day, Great Lake to cool off in

• Great day, and a great race the weather was fantastic, although I must learn to make sure that I put sunscreen on all of the visible skin, I have 2 areas just below each shoulder blade which are red raw.

Great to meet Slim and Rosie, the relief when you passed me and I could finally stop to stretch out was great image. Great to see B'burn Plodder again the support from the kids was great.

Will definitely be back to Bala sometime, if only to sit in the lake again after the race

• Great day, thoroughly enjoyed myself. image

Nice to meet slimshady, and catch up again with BrokeButTri'ng.  I don't think we had chance to speak Iron Rose, but I think it was you I arrrrrhhh'd out on the course.

I was in disguise, not wearing my pirate monaco. Unfortunate rubbing of the bingo wings when running at Outlaw has put me off wearing it for anything above sprint distance!! Ouch!

I also racked my bike next to Sioux, nice lady

I would definitely do this race again, I think it suffered in numbers because the Outlaw half was the week before, but having been to both venues, Bala is my favourite image

• oh and I forgot to mention, a special "shout out" to COLT, they were fab. They were out cheering everybody on the bike and run course.