It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hi all, I have a few questions for you injury vets whom have gone through your fair share of pulls and strains.
My soleus muscle between my achillies and calf is injured, by what degree I'm not entirely sure however the pain is only a mild to moderate ache.
My questions are...
1. isn't inflammation good for healing an injured area? Why suppress it with ice, then?
2. Isn't heat better, to increase bloowflow, thus healing?
3. What does it means when the injury becomes painful, then after a short while of "running through it" subsides to a dormant mild pain? Is damage being done?
4. Is stretching safe? Surely if a tendon is damaged, stretching it would tear it some more, no?
5. Is a deep painful massage applied to the injured area healthy, as some say?
6. And any other information you think might help.
Thanks in advance,