Options

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Comments

• Options
    Simon -- thanks! Brilliant lady that. I'm not anywhere near like that though - I mean I'm not even running once a week - in fact, I'm lucky if I'm walking the dog once a day at the moment. :o)

Beth -- I'm amazed because generally the people around me think I wouldn't want to see the breast cancer awareness stuff - because it's a reminder. My friend rang me last week and said, don't go into ASDA, it's all pink! Of course I had to go didn't I and I must admit everytime I see all the campaign stuff it brings a tear to my eye - but not of sadness, I'm just so happy that so much is being done to promote women's awareness so that even if it helps just one lady not to go through what I have, well ... I think it's worth it :o)

I was going to email RW and ask about putting the link to the thread on the front page but then I thought we wouldn't have as many posts :o) what with all the pushing and shoving -- we might even catch up to the URWFRC (doubtful though)!!

And reminder - check check check - I did mine last night :o) All is okay.
  • Options
    Hello Michelle & Cath!!

I got on fine with the oban half on sunday:I managed to do it in 2hrs/22mins.So I think that is
    not to bad for a first half.Could actually be doing with the body massage all over again!! My
    legs still feel a wee bit sore and tight.The day was nice & dry,also plenty of water stations
    which was good,as it was quite humid.I also met up with a girl from one of the other forums
    as well:And it was purely coincidental.So that just made the day even better.
    So I am not sure what to go for next:Maybe it will be the big one FLM?Fingers crossed.
    Speak to you,s later.
    Flipper!!
  • Options
    Hi Sharon -- well done with the Oban Half!! That's one place I really love... Mr & I always spend some time there on our way to Skye for most of our hols :) Maybe you should do the FLM.
  • Options
    Hi Cath

if youre feeling well enough it would be lovely to meet up with you at knutsford - just play it day by day though

sorry you're struggling with getting out to walk at the moment - is that the treatment or is it the stress of everything making you tired?

oh and Jane Tomlinson -wow- what a woman - she makes me feel really lazy when I hear about what shes done this year.
    Theres something about her on the CRUK website (link at the top of RW website) under GNR and she can be sponsored there too
  • Options
    Hello Cath!!

Thanks for your reply!! Yes Oban is a very nice place,I can see why you spend alot of time up their!
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!
    As for the FLM:I Have applied for it,so its just a matter of fingers crossed.

Anyway,shall speak to you later
    flipper!!
  • Options
    Hello - was checking out this thread, and fantastic came across someone who did the Oban 1/2. I come from Oban! I did GNR on Sunday. Wondered if anyone on the site would be doing Oban. What was the course? How many folks did it? I'm in London, but was up home for a wedding and saw the ads for it.

Cath - been trying to follow what's been going on with you - hope your still smiling.
  • Options
    'on the eighth day of October...'

la la la la la la
    a sqirrel dropped a conker on me...'

'sha la la la push push!
  • Options
    Suggest that everyone bombards the BBC with votes for Jane Tomlinson for the Helen Rollinson award at the Sports Personality thingy.

Not that she'd say she was particularly "Brave" - but I for one would take issue with her on that...

• Options
    simon

you stole my thoughts about Jane Tomlinson

she was hoping to raise 100,000 this year from the 3 events and will probably do it - bombard the bbc!
  • Options
    harumph ! it was on page 2!

not goood!

heave - booooiiiingggggggggg!
  • Options
    Bune - you should be renamed Zebedee

Remember him ? The Magic Roundabout ?

booooiiiingggggggggg - "Time for bed"

Anyway whats with this race/stride for life business - I always thought it was girlies only. Always seemed a bit unfair cos us blokes get cancer too.

• Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I think we already have a Zebedee somewhere.

What's wrong with pink? If it upsets the partners it's good enough for me!
  • Options
    Simon - Race for Life is for girlies only, but Stride for Life is for everyone! Sharon - well done on your Half.. fantastic.. I've applied for the FLM too. dunno if I'll get a place, but if not, I'm determined to complete a Marathon next year somewhere!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    The Breast Cancer charity is a superb charity as are most, but if I get another cheap plastic pen through my post box just one more time !
    I had six from Oxfam , 2 from The Blind, lots from Amnesty International and countless others.
  • Options
    Booiiiinnnnggg

On the 9 day of October
    (did you know October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month?)

la la la la la la

I chased that squirrel back up the tree!

• Options
    boinnggg boooooiiiiinnnnngggggg

didnt like the magic roundabout much - preferred the herbs!

( I actually aspire to Tiggerdom but I'm mor akin to Eeyore)
  • Options
    I must notpost on other threads!

Boooooiiiiiooooooooiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg!
  • Options
    I hope you ladies have done the checking - and those that haven't check check check :o)
  • Options
    checkin as i read

boing
  • Options
    actually I'm premenstrual and thats not the best time to check really is it?

is it a few days after period?

(serious health information bit)
  • Options

no two hands but I type one fingered sometimes!

booooiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg back to the top
  • Options
    Bune -- it should be at least a week after but on saying that, there's no harm checking and knowing what they feel like when you're premenstrual too :o)