Bikefit/mechanic offer

2»

Comments

• Oi!   Watchit Donna!

Siggy, you haven't escaped my notice either   image

• I really need a bike maintenance course..............i really have a blind spot with it.........means that my chains always go rusty and i;m sure thats not good...........

• with the greatest respect donner you're wrong....not about learning in a few days...i'm sure somebody could sit you down and tell you to look at the knee tracking and if they are not going in a straight line thats not a good thing....but everybody is different...and nothing but experience can work these things out...and mike has a lifetime of that....he sits you down and asks everything about your ride...whats good and bad and patiently makes adjustments backwards and forwards for the whole day if needed...and if you have any pain while riding..you wont have any after this (you should be fatigued...he cant fix that image)...i promise if you've not had this before you will benefit.....especially at this price.

and the mechanic course is brilliant...its not rocket science....but understanding where to start....and what to change and what to leave (especially with things like gears...or BBs) is the hardest part. i've now serviced mine and my wifes bike (she does IM too) and that would have cost me £100 plus parts...plus i've serviced my mates and charged him £20 plus the bits....so i'm in profit. 

and i i've said before....the bike fit is the best investment (triathlon wise) i've ever made

• agree with the bike fit Andy.........well worth the pennies.......

• Bike fit, was never really convinced of the benefit, nto for me anyway, and where I end up in the reults table, just tweaked my road bike until I felt comfortable, and managed to achieve a position that got this, and could cycle all distances.

However, I decided to treat myself to a TT bike, and did a lot of research in what I wanted, geometry etc, and decided on a bike.  However, the bike could only be brought through dealers who included a bike fit, so popped along, and tried the bike, and within seconds of being on it, was told I wasn't suited to the bike.  I have 'runners' legs which are too long for the bike I was after (a Boardman TT), as it's too long for me.  So we tried a few other bikes, and ended up getting a Kuota, which incidently was £150 less than the Boardman, and once on it, it felt instantly more comfortable.

The bike is currently being built, and I'm back in a couple of weeks for a 2 - 3 hour bike fit.  At this time, all adjustments will be made in order to maximise comfort and power on the bike.  Any changes tha are required are included, and could involve steb, bars, aero bars, cranks and cleats.  At the end of it, I should have a bike that won't cause me any issues, other than fatigue, that should be comforatble, maximise my power (or lack of), and set up so I can run off of it as best I can.

Only time will tell if it's worth it, but investing a couple of grand in a bike, then the £90 for the fit (half price) seemed worthwhile.

• A mechanics course, well that's a different story, always meant to go on one, but never have, no idea how to adjust gears etc, so just turn up, and race with my fingers crossed

• well here you are gary...i know its a bit of a trek for you but you know we all swear its worth the effort...it really is

• It's definitely harder to get a good position on a TT bike than a road bike and I'd probably say for a novice (to TT bikes) it's worth it but let's not overstate the case - it's perfectly possible for people to set their own bikes up as well as or sometimes better than a professional bike fitter.    

As far as mechanics courses go - again if you want to learn yourself you can - if you want to be taught you can go that route.   

It's a bit like people saying you need a coach - you don't - a coach just  makes things easy for you but there's nothing they'll tell you you couldn't figure out yourself.