The 2013 Pirate Kit Order Thread

Comments

• Ok, so let's get this thread locked so every one's opinion is still in the public domain and allow another thread to be started purely for those wanting to order kit.

I think this could work as there would be no need for KK to repeat the anonymous opinion of others, yet the comments she makes on behalf of other people will still be accessible for those interested

Is that good enough for you KK?
  • just read this from start to finish and being an open forum it should be open to all, but we seem to be going off at an angle. This is a kit thread, where the newer people like myself would start looking for kit. Personally I did not feel grilled but welcomed into the online group that is also exists in the real world. It seems to me that the lynchpin of being a pirate is that it is open to all, welcoming , and supportive of anyone who wants to try triathlon. From the pirates I met at last year's Outlaw (who offered me kit to race on the day even though I had just expressed an interest in boarding the ship in the future ) I have nothing but respect...

• It does indeed make me feel special and more so because it's good with you too

Just so it's all clear to everyone, do you agree that if your opinions are kept in a locked thread ie here, that another kit thread can be started without your negative input?
  • KK its got nothing to do with self esteem and even less to do with what I might have said at Bala 3-4 years ago!  

Its got everything to do with a chip youve got on your shoulder, the broken record you insist on playing at every opportunity, and something youve got against some of the pirates.

Yes lets leave the thread to run its course and see what happens, no doubt your minority opinion will be twisted into woe is me, im being bullied etc, instead of recognising that despite your views many many people get on well amongst the pirates.

•  

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Ok, so let's get this thread locked so every one's opinion is still in the public domain and allow another thread to be started purely for those wanting to order kit.

I think this could work as there would be no need for KK to repeat the anonymous opinion of others, yet the comments she makes on behalf of other people will still be accessible for those interested

Is that good enough for you KK?

Might be worth getting the tittle changed so people dont mistake it for a serious thread.

• What a palava!!  I don't normally join in these 'discussions' as I find them all so negative and un-necessary.  However, I must have forgotten to take my pills this morning or washed them down with Sarsons.

KK, I think Barley is right.  You do come across as bitter, with a chip on your shoulder and with some sort of axe to grind against several Pirates.  Your comments come across as quite sharp and often get worse as the evenings go on.  Almost as if once you've had a drink it loosens you up for a fight?  (Only my opinion!  And, obviously, as this is an online forum I've no idea if you drink or are tee-total!!)

What few newbies have posted on this thread appear to be positive about the 'grilling'!  It does show we're interested, I think, and not exclusive.  FFS, the Pirates can't be that exclusive as I've got kit and competed (I can't claim to race!!) in the colours at Outlaw!

I do think the Pirates are a positive force for good in Triathlon and it's a shame that you have hijacked yet another thread for your own reasons.

I don't usually bother to put people on ignore, newbies won't have any 'experience' of your type of posting so would read this thread probably from the begining (if they've got enough time) and thus may be put off the Pirates by this type of 'bickering'.  But I may make an exception just this once!  It's the same reason why I don't buy the Dail Hate (Mail).  It's not necessarily that I disagree with their views in general, it's just the constant drip, drip, drip of angst hate filled type of reporting!

That is all I have to say!  As you were, thank you!  image  

(edited for spelling mistake!)

• I know I'm waaaaaay off target here, and this post will send the thread off on a tangent, but.............................

*checks over both shoulders and lowers voice to a whisper*

..................could I ask about some......................................kit?

Schmunkee, have you ever ordered long-sleeved Pirate tops/cycling jerseys?

/members/images/497331/Gallery/392306_124043444376655_496806153_n.jpg

You ain't seen me, right.

• Nurse..do you mean made of lycra long sleeves as oppossed to the cycling jackets.....

i just go with short sleeve and arm warmersimage

• +1 to Seren. Short sleeves (monaco, cycle top, or gilet) + arm warmers are far more versatile that long sleeves.
  • Arm warmers? That's something I have no experience of - is it hard to get the balance between them falling down all the time, and so tight they dig in?

• Nursey - there's never been much call for long sleeved jerseys, not sure why. Maybe that people work around it with different layers, as Seren and Schmunks have said. May also be that not everyone trains in their kit (dare I say it's not devilishly flattering), there are few pirate meets in winter, so by the time summer comes around and we're doing sportives and stuff, it's the layers that we need as the day warms up whilst riding. Of course, the jacket contradicts this and I think it came about as the winter solution and, also, many pirates wear the jacket as a coat to socials.

In truth, I don't know the answer, just coming up with ideas.

The trouble is that when we get a new piece of kit, we have to pay for the artwork. I've always wanted a female cut Monaco as I can't wear a women's tank and I think the armholes are too big on the male cut version but they become quite expensive once you add the artwork in. Schmunks got a quote for me once of the unit cost.

I suppose we could add it to the list to see if there is demand but it will be an expensive item for the first order and I'm not sure if people will pay it.
  • BTS - the LG armwarmers are sized and have a a row or two of silicone gripper which sticks (comfortably) to your arms, but yes there is a certain element of getting the sizing right in the first place.
  • I think I put a link to the LG customised kit in the first post and Mouse is right, we can order anything in there, but if has not been ordered before there are artwork set up costs.

A couple of years ago I investigated the pricing of female cycle tops and they came out at ??12-??15 more expensive than the male version. It was then felt that this difference was quite costly when the male fit cycle tops weren't too bad.

That said, I will happily investigate the pricing of any kit.
  • Britsky.arm warmers are favourite bit of kit.........I wear them running a lot as well.as when i warm up they are simple to just take off and tie around my belt or down my shorts......

• Not quite, but close enough. I changed it because I can't be bothered to fight with you. That's the only reason. You wear me out. I just want to do triathlon and support others that do triathlon. I'm fed up fighting with you. I don't post as much as I used to because I'm fed up with it. I'd suggest that this is also why some other people don't post anymore. All this fighting fractures a group of likeminded people. It's tiring. You're tiring. Sorry but you are. I'm not ashamed of what I put, I just decided I can't be bothered and thought better of it.

Whilst you've also drawn me to commenting, which you now have, I'm no expert but I don't think you define and apply passive aggressive properly either. If I were passive aggressive I wouldn't engage with you in the format that I do.
  • In the last order I got a ladies medium size cycle top.  It's a bit on the big side so if there is a lady pirate out there that got a small and would like to swap, please message me!

• I'm off to see if I can find the old thread to see who ordered the gillets so i can try to try one onimage

• The problem with the kit that I get big or small is that I usually cut the labels out so I have no idea what size I need or have .. pre Schmunks that is, I am probably rightly assured that she has all my measurements on a spreadsheet somewhere !!