Snow snow go away

So, firstly the snow is stopping me running anywhere. I'm out in the country and the roads really are no good. The few that are gritted are very few and very far between :/. Or they are main roads which I can't safely run on.

Saying that, I went out this morning. Ran slowly and avoided ice...until only 2 miles down my back jarred (been sleeping on a horribly uncomfortable sofa bed past few nights which has messed my back up a tad). So gave up and came home.

My question is that, what with the snow and this injury, I'm not going to be getting any proper running in until the snow goes. How then do I get back into training? I'm midway through a marathon training plan (was meant to be doing my second 15 miler today). Do I pick up where I left off, or go back down to a 10/13 miler for a week or two? I am luckily a few weeks ahead of schedule so getting up to much longer distances isn't too much of a rush...it's just getting back into it! Also how best to stay fit when I'm pretty much stuck in my house!?

Thanks!! 

Comments