Tissington Trail Half Marathon 2013

2»

Comments

• looks an interesting one for sure.

• Number 346 image  really looking forwards to this!

• 344 here! image

And, yes, the blisters.. that's what I'm most concerned about.. it's been on and off, but I get it in most shoes... except for the Brooks Ravenna 3s, they were perfect.. but not trail enough for most of the running I do nowadays.

• Sorry for the radio silence guys - we've had a few days away before the race week.

For your info, all race numbers and race instructions have been sent out to those who have entered and paid. If you have only recently paid because you've been on the waiting list then your number may still be en route.

A final race update, together with race instructions is being emailed out this afternoon.

We have had around 150 deferrals/transfers/name changes/withdarwals, but I think we're pretty much on top of the entry list now. If you havent received your number or a confirmation of entry, or you dont know where you're going then drop us an email.

For clarity, the race is a point to point race which means the race HQ is actually close to the finish. That means you can check in, pick up your timing chip and be transported to the start - you then run back to the finish, where you can collect baggage and be close to cars etc. Alternativley, you can make your way directly to the start - but there is no transport provided back to the start.

Its really important that we know whether you are joining us at the race HQ or the start - because that's where your timing chip will be available for collection.

If you need any more info then drop us a line: info@nice-work.org.uk

Martin Burke, Race Director.

• Does anyone know if there's a time limit? ....2 days to go ????
  • No time limit Bexy. We'll wait for you no matter how long it takes!

• That's the spirit!

Still not sure whether to wear my Pure Flows or my Cascadias... ah well, still got a few more days to make a decision...

• That's great news haha! Looking forward to it ????????
  • Does anyone know what time the race starts pls, or what time to arrive at for the coach? I have to pick my race pack up from HQ and I've not received any info image
  • If you email Martin, you should get a response. The centre is open from 8am and they aim to have all the coaches off by 9.15 (which is I think what happened last year). It's only 15 mins by road to the start even by a slow coach going up hills to the start.

Cut and paste from the email, you hopefully have received:

Please remember that you will need to collect your timing chip before boarding the bus. Your chip will be waiting for you at the race headquarters, which are located at the Ashbourne Leisure Centre, Clifton Road, Ashbourne DE6 1DR. Although the Centre does not open until 8.30, we have arranged access from 8.00 am. Inside you will be able to make use of the changing facilities and leave any baggage or belongings with us whilst the race is in progress. Hopefully the Centre’s refreshment facilities will also be available for you and any supporters to use. There is plenty of car parking in Ashbourne Town Centre and there is also a small car park at the Leisure Centre – please remember to pay the appropriate charge.

At this stage we are not sure what the weather has in store for us, but we are hoping for fine weather. If the weather is or has been wet, please dress accordingly – the course is on a trail and if it is wet, it is likely to be well puddled! If that is the case you will get wet and probably a little muddy. We will provide an update on the course conditions a couple of days or so before the race. If the weather is particularly warm on race day, please make sure that you are well hydrated before you race. There will be three aid stations, with water, coke, jelly babies, Jaffa cakes and the like, on the course as well as water available at the start and the finish but you may also wish to bring or run with your own water bottle.

If you have family, friends or colleagues who wish to make their own way to the start, this is located at Parsley Hay, which can be found off the A515 about 8 miles south of Buxton on the Ashbourne Road. The postcode for sat nav purposes is SK17 ODG. As you turn off the A515, the car park is immediately on the right – there are café and toilet facilities here. The race will begin close to the Cycle Centre and Café.

The race will finish at the end of the Trail in Ashbourne – about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Leisure Centre. For spectators there is a café at the end of the trail and we will try and establish if it will be open.

• How did everyone do? I was 2hrs 4mins, really enjoyed it and will be back next year image

• I came in at just over 1hr 46mins and am absolutely delighted....4 min PB and after the wheels seemed to come off at 4 miles, I'm really, really chuffed with how it ended up!  Great event and well organised.....even down to the weather!

• 1:39:48 for me. Reasonably happy with this given that I was injured and blew up at mile 11. Loved the course and will definitley be back next year. Congratulations and thanks to Martin and all others invloved for putting on such a smashing event and ordering perfect weather.

• 1:44:25 for me, a PB. Brilliant race, loved it. Fantastic scenery and lovely course. Given that 8 miles of it are downhill, it really didn't feel like it. First time in the Peak District for me, and had a great afternoon in Bakewell (top pub lunch too!). Will definately be back next year. 

• 2.04.37! A PB, for this was my first HM e-v-e-rimage Chuffed to bits, and it was amazing!

Will try to be there again next year. Have to see whether I can fit it into my schedule, wanting to do a full marathon at the Causeway Coast end of September 2014.

• 1.36.23.  3rd lady and 1st V35!  Very pleased, also a PB.  Only annoying thing is that it doesn't look like it is UKA registered so won't count for runBritain rankings image.

But lovely course and beautiful weather for it.  Thoroughly enjoyable.  

• Well done all!!  Beautiful morning for it.  Did my own little solitary 11 miler  along the High Peak Trail in more or less a parallel direction at the same time as all of you lot yesterday wishing I'd known about it sooner and could have entered too!  When will entries for 2014 be open?

• Hi All - thanks for all your support yesterday - I think we had a good race with perfect weather and some great performances. Results will be emailed to everybody tomorrow although they have been available online here since yesterday.

Couple of answers to points raised above.

We've had a couple of comments about the Mile 11 marker. Unfortunately, after we'd put the signage up on Saturday evening, some of the local youths thought they would help us remove them. Mile 11 disappeared completely and we discovered the Mile 13 marker in a stream beside the course.

Gaby W - if you're planning on doing the Causway Marathon the week before, you'll either fly down the Tissington Trail or you'll be on a stretcher! We were there last week and its a tough, tough - but fabulous - event.

McFlooze - the race most certainly is registered with the UKA and it carries a UKA licence. The distance cannot carry a certificate of course accuracy though because it is classed as a multi-terrain race as opposed to a road race.

Lilytoo - entries are open now for 2014 and will be available from our website later this week. All 2013 emtrants will receive priority notice about booking their places.

• Great stuff    I'll get on to it  image

• gabyw you must have been near me? Have a tattoo on my right shoulder, hat and chestnut ponytail.  I'll be entering for next year, any photos taken?

• McFlooze, it's under Run Britain Rankings as Parsley Hay, which makes it difficult to find, but you can claim the result!

Martin, thanks for a great day yesterday. Will definitely run next year and would recommend to anybody.