Pirate outings in 2014

Comments

• M...eldy wrote (see)

You and Will have retired more times than i've had hot dinners

but Pebble still wins the "I've retired don't you know" champs - I think he's up to 8......image

• Not that you're counting ... !!

• fat buddha wrote (see)

some of us are doing Ch'triman in late August - it's between Dover and Dunkirk so easy to get to -

What the middle of the Channel ????

• I may pop out of retirement (possibly) for the 2015 anniversary race

• Lol Will !  That didn't take long  image

• I'm having a year out next year ... and then I'll think about 2015 ... Depending on what races people are doing I may do one more .... I'm not getting any younger

• You are hardly drawing your pension Will   image

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

some of us are doing Ch'triman in late August - it's between Dover and Dunkirk so easy to get to -

feck - meant to say Calais and Dunkirk!  image

• ....although ^^ him ^^ on the other hand   image

• WildWill..... wrote (see)

I'm having a year out next year ... and then I'll think about 2015 ... Depending on what races people are doing I may do one more .... I'm not getting any younger

fuck me Will - if you ain't getting younger where the hell does that leave me, Plum and DtES???   you're a mere sprog by comparison!  image

• I thought you'd found a sandbank mid channel !

Annoyed I'm missing out on that race FB, but I suppose I better go to my daughters wedding !

After taking this marathon training seriously this year I'll be glad to get back to Tri next year
  • Grrr......I AM drawing a pension! Got 22  months though until I can draw my 2nd one.

• I have been drawing a pension since i was 40 image
  • Thanks to National Service eh? image

• fat buddha wrote (see)
    WildWill..... wrote (see)

I'm having a year out next year ... and then I'll think about 2015 ... Depending on what races people are doing I may do one more .... I'm not getting any younger

fuck me Will - if you ain't getting younger where the hell does that leave me, Plum and DtES???   you're a mere sprog by comparison!  image

I was going to comment to that effect ... but i thought better of it image

• Nationsl service? Melds I thought we worked out we were down south at the same time that must make you around .........
  • I was a mere pup whilst you weren't   image

• i like the saound of the one that FB is talking about.,............on eof the things i liked about IMCH was that they had the shorter tris the day before.meant that the retired and the newbies could share the trip as well..........something for everyone.........more chance of having a bit outing and if its not far over the channel...........

if it gets good feed back could definitely be a contender.......image

• Its close enought to nearly be the UK   image

• ... so the weather could be as shit as the UK

I must say ... although i thought the Outlaw was a nice race .... I like to race mainland europe where there is a better chance for nicer weather.

I especially like racing in Germanic countries: Nice weather, good crowds, well organised and you can drive there image

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

That's the swim, Dave.

• Oh look .. theres that Wilkie back on the darkside again   ;-D

• At least its going to be cooking in Lanza in May (at least I hope so).

The last 5-6 ive done have been a mixture of cold, windy, raining, cloudy, 8loody miserable.  I'll take the heat over other weather any time.

• Yeah .. I am a bit solar powered  image

• One of my favorte races was IMDE 2006 ... Thunder, lightning, massive downpoor ... then a heatwave ... all before halfway through the bike

• I'm going to Chtriman in August, you know....

• Ironbask then folks - it as 33C when we set off last year at 4pm for the standard distance.  bloody cooking in the wetsuit on the beach - and the sea was bloody warm as well....

• Someone sent me a link to this one (can't think why!)

/members/images/4741/Gallery/silently.jpg

• You should be a beta reader for my book ... that would keep you busy image