Pirate outings in 2014

Comments

• I'm going back to IMW this year but there is no way i am staying in a tent there againimage

• We were in a caravan at Pendeen Sands it was a bit out but a great place to chill away from the pre race hype
  • going to be staying an apartment in the town this year. and some decent sherpasimage.........I'm going to need everything to be going for me if i'm going to slay that dragonimage

• I hope I can see the swim from my bedroom window  image

• I was able to see the swim from my bedroom window. Then me and a few others decamped to my bedroom to watch the run as they came in front of our hotel four times each lap
  • I might not be in your bedroom  image

• M...eldy wrote (see)

A year off??  What will you do with your willy??

Play with it?! image

Seren - you left off EtonMan. The new VoTwo run IronDistance race at Dorney lake. I imagine the swim would be similar to Outlaw, but the 36 bike laps of the lake, and 9 laps on foot may take the piss.

• Is that a full one ??

Dorney, not the willy  image

• M...eldy wrote (see)

Is that a full one ??

Dorney, not the willy  image

According to the flyer I got today, yes!

• Blimey .... spoilt for choice !

I am not sure it will get that many takers?  Hasnt actually got much of a wow factor?

• IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
    M...eldy wrote (see)

A year off??  What will you do with your willy??

Play with it?! image

Seren - you left off EtonMan. The new VoTwo run IronDistance race at Dorney lake. I imagine the swim would be similar to Outlaw, but the 36 bike laps of the lake, and 9 laps on foot may take the piss.

i used to think i would never do a lap race but after enduroman i'm not so sure.....i enjoyed the laps there...but then it was a varying scenery and elevation......not sure going a round a lake would be the same

• Now I think I could cope with monotony .... rather like swimming up and down doesnt bother me much either, I like not having to think too much !   Not sure how that would translate to 36 laps of a lake tho image

• jesus, 8 laps of Dorney for an Oly was enough for me to loose the will to live, but 36 imageimage   so so boring, but at least you'd get to see your supporters a lot image

• can't find anything on their website for that cat.same as with the bath one

• 'EtonMan' 

Difficult to balance the top hat during the swim, and those tails are a nigthmare on the bike.

• seren nos wrote (see)

can't find anything on their website for that cat.same as with the bath one

I know you don't like swimming, but an IM in a bath?

VT'd wrote (see)

'EtonMan' 

Difficult to balance the top hat during the swim, and those tails are a nigthmare on the bike.

But they hide the evidence of GI issues on the run! image

• image according to their web site its only a half IM - bit even so I think you'd die of boredom! Plus, the little I watched yesterday (it was too cold to hangaround) the organisation - or lack of it - was teribble. I saw three crashes coming into T2 as no-one knew where to go!!

• I ran the course to workout where to go, and even I got confused!
  • Yes ... But that's a blokey thing image
  • Yup, to add to what Melds says, I bet you never stopped and asked for directions image
  • M...eldy wrote (see)
    Yes ... But that's a blokey thing image

Grrr! image

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Yup, to add to what Melds says, I bet you never stopped and asked for directions image

The marshals were also men. I would have been told that T2 was left at the Dorney Arms, but the bike course was straight on past the King's Head. image

Anyhow, was too busy racing fast like a real man.

• You see ... they got it all wrong didnt they

men & directions, never a good combination

• Crashie - yes indeed, I'm doing Vichy half  because I'm no longer allowed to do the full IM, my titanium hip won't take it- glad to see you and ATOM are going to be there.  Hope that your missus will be there too?